Sideshow Star Wars Mythos Statue Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The size of the helmet is correct..its the angle of the picture. Calling this a fail tells me you don't get the purpose of this line..can't wait for the background story of this caption

:goodpost:

I love it!! He didn't die cause his helmet was off in ROTJ, he was going to die anyway.. taking it off just speed up the process. :)

SW nerds need to step out of the box a bit. :lol

:goodpost:

I love it!! He didn't die cause his helmet was off in ROTJ, he was going to die anyway.. taking it off just speed up the process. :)

SW nerds need to step out of the box a bit. :lol

Everyone knows that. The discussion was can he take the helmet off, the answer is no he will die. He took the helmet off the death scene because he knew he will die so doesnt care anymore. But that doesnt change the fact it still would killed him.

Which goes back to my original question about the statue how can he survive in a hostile lava environment with the helmet off. I dont even know why we having a discussion about this, it's not something that can be debated..

I think the Vader with his helmet off isn't supposed to be a literal representation -- more of an interpretation of the essence of the character. He's looking at his helmet and reflecting about what he's become, and in that sense I think it's awesome.

I think the Vader with his helmet off isn't supposed to be a literal representation -- more of an interpretation of the essence of the character. He's looking at his helmet and reflecting about what he's become, and in that sense I think it's awesome.

:goodpost::goodpost:

Yeah it's Mythos so anything goes and I like that.

And I like the display options...to some he is taking his helmet off for a breather and reflecting and to others he is taking off his helmet and since it is off he will die and thus he is committing suicide for his sins. And when his helmet is on he is a menacing Vader and no one argues. It's a win-win.

icruise gets it. :lecture

that's fine, but the base should not be lava environment but the floor of his meditation chamber.

WAIT FOR THE BACKGROUND STORY !!! :D

I am sure it will make all sense ... :)

i think it will be something he returned to mustafar to recollect what really happened that day.. this day .. he turned from Anakin to Darth vader.. not sure if his choice was the right one.. (while looking at his mask..)

I think they look pretty great but I LOVE the Boba Fett and the Obi Wan.

Those look really amazing. I can't get over the detail.

sideshow_DYEH_0068.jpg

sideshow_DYEH_0062.jpg

i think it will be something he returned to mustafar to recollect what really happened that day.. this day .. he turned from Anakin to Darth vader.. not sure if his choice was the right one.. (while looking at his mask..)

:exactly::exactly:

I think they look pretty great but I LOVE the Boba Fett and the Obi Wan.

Those look really amazing. I can't get over the detail.

yeah those are the top 2 pieces for me as well. Especially boba fett, it will look so epic next to my attakus 1/5 statues, going to put him on the side kind by himself like how he is in the movie.

Love how Obi has his clone was armoured robes on his back. Wish he was 1/4 as he'd be a perfect companion piece to Cyborg Maul.

I'd like to get Boba but that rifle is too big, messes with the heigh too much imo

Love how Obi has his clone was armoured robes on his back. Wish he was 1/4 as he'd be a perfect companion piece to Cyborg Maul.

I'd like to get Boba but that rifle is too big, messes with the heigh too much imo

maybe there will be a switch out for that..so far obi and maul have both switch out heads and hands...

Everyone knows that. The discussion was can he take the helmet off, the answer is no he will die. He took the helmet off the death scene because he knew he will die so doesnt care anymore. But that doesnt change the fact it still would killed him.

Which goes back to my original question about the statue how can he survive in a hostile lava environment with the helmet off. I dont even know why we having a discussion about this, it's not something that can be debated..
Why won't you read what I've said regarding this?

His helmet wasn't on by the time the "meditation chamber" doors had opened. And he didn't die.

Oh and, he survived all of the ____ he went through on Mustafar without a helmet. That's why he needed the helmet in the first place actually.

The thing is, although he can live without the helmet..it's obviously only for a very limited time.

It's like Tony Stark and his arc reactor thing. If he takes it out, he'll still live................until the shrapnel reaches his vital organs and he, uh, dies. But if he puts it back in before that happens..he's fine.

Or a Predator and his bio mask, or Prometheus for example..the crew could breathe the air on the planet, but not for longer than two minutes.

If Darth Vader takes off his helmet, and he then puts it back on, he will survive. End of story.

...not to mention, he's one of the most powerful Sith lords that has ever lived. Birthed through the force for christ's sake.

As others have said..this statue could be him reflecting on who he is. Looking at who he's become.

He's staring into the cold, life-less mask of himself.

Very easy to understand.

Back