Sideshow Star Wars Do-Overs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should SS go back and redo some oldies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Paul Carson's Obi Wan resculpt was amazing.

I've seen pics of it, but I don't think I was a member when it was made or just hadn't been one long enough to know about all the separate forums. I rarely ventured out of the DC forum when I first joined :lol

My first preference would be to have HT do them, but that will take forever and a year, so if Sideshow could get on the stick with likenesses in 1:6 scale and improve their human bucks, I'd go that route.

Top redos:
Qui-Gon Ep. I
Mace Windu Ep II
Anakin Skywalker Ep III
Padme Amidala (queen and arena)
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing pilot, Jedi)
Leia (Bespin, Jabba's slave)
Han Solo (Bespin)
Lando (Bespin with smaller head & taller body, palace Guard)

** Aayla Secura -- not human, but would like to see a new one with a better face sculpt/smaller head, better body with a more feminine shape). Improved body could also be used for Talon, Oola, Shaak Ti and Slave Leia among others.

You mean this one?

luke_big1.jpg
[/IMG]

Not sure if that was that one because the portriat I'm thinking of was painted and on the figure. I just remember seeing it on the ssc website and then it changed either before the figure shipped or when it came out of proto stage. Too long ago to remember exactly.

the one id like to see another attempt of is mace windu, that head head was a complete swing and miss. unlike other characters that come as multiple custumes that will get another attempt mace unfortunely wont.

Tired of all the Hot Toys redux. Make something we don't have yet.

the one id like to see another attempt of is mace windu, that head head was a complete swing and miss. unlike other characters that come as multiple custumes that will get another attempt mace unfortunely wont.

Yeah, had to replace that with a bootleg HT Ocotopus head. All the rave now!

I voted no. They're done, lets get the characters that haven't been done.

Not really willing to pay for the same characters twice, but it's a shame some of their nicer sculpts didn't get the same paint apps as Padawan Ob-Wan.

Hot Toys is pretty busy making Iron Man figures.

I don't think SSC need to re-do the whole figure, just offer new versions of the heads and package them as exclusives with some of the numerous (and redundant) clone figures.

I say let them redo the figures. The illuminated lightsabers open a small window to make them different. Give them a different head sculpt, hell throw in a couple of extras like the Endor gear layover for Jedi Luke and you've got something. Some of the older figures just don't hold up now and look borderline ridiculous next to the newer offerings.

I say let them redo the figures. The illuminated lightsabers open a small window to make them different. Give them a different head sculpt, hell throw in a couple of extras like the Endor gear layover for Jedi Luke and you've got something. Some of the older figures just don't hold up now and look borderline ridiculous next to the newer offerings.

What makes you think they'd have light up sabers?

I say No. Move along...

There is still an endless list of stuff waiting to be made.

As much as I acknowledge & respect Ackbar's cult status among fans, I have no interest in owning a high end 1/6 scale figure of the character. :lol

Back