Sideshow Star Wars Do-Overs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should SS go back and redo some oldies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
...Unless we all want to wait another 10 years this is the ONLY option. I, for one, am all for getting the highest quality representation of the core characters, so let's start working on this as a community, just like Marf has done with Leia. Anyone with me?
Best doggone believe I'm with you, FLOSI! Customs of the key characters are something I'll invest in if the quality's there. Only issue is that a lot of people will get priced out pretty quickly going the custom route. Wish someone that knew what they were doing would get a hold of these licenses.

Yeah, you've got about 15 guys doing high end flavor of the week Walking Dead customs, but no one to just do basic Star Wars characters that SSC didn't do sufficiently to begin with (iconic characters with real staying power). I would be up for the core characters done up at the quality of, say, an Iminime team release.
Yeah, was just thinking of that new collaborative Iminime release for Blondie... :drool That's the sort of quality I'd be looking for in SW customs if someone's going to go there at all.

Last edited:
I don't want to shell out a ton of money, but we can commission parts, clothing, sculpts, etc.

For example, ANH Luke tunic. You add in the TG ST Luke head and a TT Slim with a sculpted neck, get those painted to match, maybe do a little work to get the ehad to sit well on the body, use some SS items and a new tunic that can take a water treatment and viola! That could well be the formula to a really nice ANH Luke.

I think a lot has to do with paint apps, I'm definitely down for a new Jedi Luke and ANH Leia, but I'm pretty happy with the Han Solo sculpt and the ANH Luke as well.

Sideshow_Han_Solo_portrait_by_trev_solo.jpg
[/IMG]
Han_and_Luke_Stormtroopers_by_trev_solos.jpg
[/IMG]
Luke_Skywalker_Headsculpt_by_trev_solos.jpg
[/IMG]

Those sculpts were aces. But the factory apps and the buck bodies were crap crap crap.

Those are great sculpts! Still, you need neckless sculpts and sculpted neck bodies because of the low collar line on both characters outfits. All four of those sculpts need reapaints too.

I think the ST sculpts are better for both characters.

Aren't the older heads a little big in scale though?

Anyway, agreed - those Luke & Han sculpts there are excellent. On the other hand, some sculpts just aren't salvageable; like say the Ep3 Ewan - that looks like a younger bearded Anthony Hopkins. :lol

Others are just bobble heads, as mentioned ad nauseum. I will say though that the new Commander Wolffe looks great - they're obviously trying something new with the eyes & the skin texturing (so far) looks really good.

Still - while I'm a HT devotee for the most part.. I'll wait patiently to see what happens down the road across the board.

I don't want to shell out a ton of money, but we can commission parts, clothing, sculpts, etc...
Yeah, true. Definitely interested in how ANH Leah pans out. At least with her the outfit/accessories are pretty simple, so it really shouldn't be outrageous.

I only really collect the armored troopers and I think Sideshow did a fantastic job with them and for a decent price, to boot. I don't expect HT or anyone else to mass produce in any better quality.

I don't collect any of the other aliens or human characters SSC does, but I've had a few in the past. The sculpts are not great, but ok. A redo would not hurt, but again I think just a better head sculpt would be enough in most cases.

Id like to see a new Boba Fett its like they rushed it and made a high end Hasbro style figure.

As an avid collector going back to 1996, I have to say I'm kind of tired of re-buying things. Considering we aren't talking about $5-$9 Hasbro toys I would much rather improve upon the investments I've already made rather than throw them out in favor of a completley new figure.

a bit off topic but seeing a few people posting a redo of jedi luke............does anyone have the original prototype pic of luke? if i remember correctly that one was quite a bit better than what we got (and what we got isn't that bad other than a tad big/paint apps).

a bit off topic but seeing a few people posting a redo of jedi luke............does anyone have the original prototype pic of luke? if i remember correctly that one was quite a bit better than what we got (and what we got isn't that bad other than a tad big/paint apps).

I haven't seen that sculpt in a few years.

You mean this one?

luke_big1.jpg
[/IMG]

I voted for Do overs, but I really don't care. As long as I get an updated EP3 Obiwan. EP3 Anakin, a Padme and the whole ANH main cast I'll be happy

Back