Sideshow Spike Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My replacement Vamp head came in with both fangs, but now with a chipped ear. I sent new pics two days ago, still waiting for a reply. Very frustrating.

binky, I had the same problem with the chipped ears. BOTH head sculpts came with it. It's one of the weirder QC issues I've seen.

ok, I think I looked over my Spike carefully, but you guys are making me nervous. Gonna double check Spike's ears tonight.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Even if there are problems, their customer service always kicks in and makes up for it most of the time. They are sending me a third head, with instructions to destroy the other two if #3 is satisfactory.

Other than the little flaws, this is the best statue in the line so far, and I can't see Angel surpassing it. If only I liked Spike as a character! :lol

Hey guys!! This is my first post and I finally have a computer that i recently purchased to comment with now... I am a huge buffy/angel fan and I love being a part of a community who loves these shows/statues as much as I do!! I collect everything concerning buffy/angel and this spike statue is amazing. I think it represents the charter the best out of maquette statues so far.

My collection consists of:

All sideshow pf's and maquettes
All Electric Tiki's
A ton of the 12' figures
All factory x replica's

I hope to get along with everyone!!!

Hi there and welcome to the board. Always nice to se another Buffy fan on here.

Will you be getting this Spike statue though? :lol

Hi there and welcome to the board. Always nice to se another Buffy fan on here.

Will you be getting this Spike statue though? :lol

Haha yeah I already have the ex.. Surprisingly mine came without any flaws and I am very happy with it. Sideshow always seems to concentrate the most on spike, since the pf and maquette are the most accurate to the charater. (my opinion)

As well as the 12" figure imo. The original PF and the 12" done by the same sculptor of course. :D

I just can't get enough of the wee Vampire. :lol

Hey guys!! This is my first post and I finally have a computer that i recently purchased to comment with now... I am a huge buffy/angel fan and I love being a part of a community who loves these shows/statues as much as I do!! I collect everything concerning buffy/angel and this spike statue is amazing. I think it represents the charter the best out of maquette statues so far.

My collection consists of:

All sideshow pf's and maquettes
All Electric Tiki's
A ton of the 12' figures
All factory x replica's

I hope to get along with everyone!!!

Awesome collection you have there, and :welcome1:

This is a awesome figure:

sam0551w.jpg

sam0531gc.jpg

sam0548s.jpg

sam0546a.jpg

dscf1316k.jpg

So my Spike came today also along with my Faith. Happy to report, no qualms with this fella. I would say this is the most impressive piece in the line so far interms of sculpt and paint app.

One question though to those who have collected the line, do you notice that the surface/paint app on the Buffy, Willow and Faith are really smooth but Spike's skin has a slightly rougher textrure?

Yes, and I think it's deliberate. The texture of a man's skin, no matter how pampered, is rougher than a woman's, so you will see pores/follicles. It's just Trevor's awesome sculpting.

However, if you are referring to actual paint app, my Spike's paint seems far superior to the previous three in cleanliness and not being garish.

Yes, and I think it's deliberate. The texture of a man's skin, no matter how pampered, is rougher than a woman's, so you will see pores/follicles. It's just Trevor's awesome sculpting.

However, if you are referring to actual paint app, my Spike's paint seems far superior to the previous three in cleanliness and not being garish.

Couldn't agree with you more.

Oh I definitely agree too. I meant it as a good thing, adds to the realism. Much the like the Aragorn as Strider LOTR statue - amazing face sculpt. The eyes are great on Spike too. I think Faith probably fared the worse lol.

Oh I definitely agree too. I meant it as a good thing, adds to the realism. Much the like the Aragorn as Strider LOTR statue - amazing face sculpt. The eyes are great on Spike too. I think Faith probably fared the worse lol.

I agree with you, Faith by far had the most issues. I am happy with my faith statue but every time I look at her I feel something is off with her.

So...was the new one okay?

Saw this on another forum, and although It's the old PF rather then this new version, but the images rather tickled me, so I thought I post them here....:lol:

DSC_0569.jpg

DSC_0709.jpg

Back