Sideshow Spike Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The FedEx guy just left and I'm looking at a mailing box that says "SPIKE STATUE-EXCLUSVE", kind of delaying the moment, as usual. It has to be the right time, you know.

Nice pics, Firebird. :rock Thanks for sharing!

How is it possible that the finished products look better than the prototype? Is it the camera angles? The light? Simply better painted?

I have no idea. :lol

I think Sideshow's pics are 'hit or miss' sometimes. But this piece, I think has looked fantastic from beginning to end. I'm really surprised how well it turned out.

Here's my Spike fresh out of his box. He's #78/500. I'm sorry about the crappy pictures, sunlight was already gone and the lighting here at my house is crap. Let me say this statue has exceeded my expectations sooo much. I already knew it was awesome from the pictures, but man, this is a thing of beauty. Possibly the best sculpt and paint from the Buffy line, ever. I am so happy with it, oh, and no QC problems whatsoever. I won the Sideshow lottery this time :D

Here's my Spike fresh out of his box. He's #78/500. I'm sorry about the crappy pictures, sunlight was already gone and the lighting here at my house is crap. Let me say this statue has exceeded my expectations sooo much. I already knew it was awesome from the pictures, but man, this is a thing of beauty. Possibly the best sculpt and paint from the Buffy line, ever. I am so happy with it, oh, and no QC problems whatsoever. I won the Sideshow lottery this time :D

Really nice, Olv. :rock Congrats on the acquisition.

I actually had some good news tonight when SSC emailed me the FedEx return notification, so Spike will be on its way back to Cali tomorrow. Which means a replacement will be in my future, sooner rather than later.

He looks so great in hand. I am even surprised when I see everyone else's. I forget that mine looks that great, too. You know, sans the hole in his nose, ha. Replacement arrives tomorrow. Let's hope!

New head arrived. Looks great from what I can tell. But I did just take a really long walk in 85 degree weather. I might be a bit off my rocker.

New head arrived. Looks great from what I can tell. But I did just take a really long walk in 85 degree weather. I might be a bit off my rocker.

Great news BG! Pics! :bounce Pics! :bounce

My replacement vampire HS will be here on Friday. Things maybe looking up for a great replacement. As for the weather, 85 degrees is much better than 54 degrees that we have here today and it is to rain later. :(

My replacement Vamp head came in with both fangs, but now with a chipped ear. I sent new pics two days ago, still waiting for a reply. Very frustrating.

My replacement Vamp head came in with both fangs, but now with a chipped ear. I sent new pics two days ago, still waiting for a reply. Very frustrating.

That sucks and sorry to here that. :(

SSC never emailed me to let me know if I should destroy the old HS. They just sent it out, but I did receive the shipping notice and that's it. Should I call on Monday to see if I need to do this?

binky, I had the same problem with the chipped ears. BOTH head sculpts came with it. It's one of the weirder QC issues I've seen.

Firebird. Don't phone. Just wait. They will contact you again if they want you to destroy it.

Here's just a quick pic of the gang. Can't wait for Angel next!

RoomCollection11.jpg

Back