Statue Sideshow Spider-Man vs Venom maquette 1/5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I took two years of sculpting in college and have an appreciation for how difficult it is to sculpt well. I love the classic venom as well as the modern version depicted in comics//movie and the ex head looks great to me. So I am just curious but why is this statue a fail for you? Are there specific parts you don't like? The sculpt and pose look well done, dynamic and exciting imo. I'm asking because so many people on these forums over the years easily shrug off statues initially as a pass and later end up getting them anyways.

The poses should have been way better

The detail is great, but the Spidey pose is way off and I don?t care for the design of Venom?s face.

Sadly, this is a pass for me.

Could’ve been a home rub with these two. Oh well

Lol idk what a home rub is but I'm goin ask my wife.. meow.. lol

09D7E98E-809A-49A8-A2CA-D755FCD5160F.gif

I think the statue looks amazing, I po'd it. I don't see a better spider-man v venom statue.

The only thing I am going to add is a webline coming out of spider-mans hand.

Why are they making dios in a scale no one collects? 1/4 would be too big but 1:6 would really work well
I agree. I have the WvH in this scale. I like it to be my centerpiece. I believe all the other Dio's are 1/6th. I'd wouldn't mind adding to those instead.
And with more diversity of characters. Like Archangel vs Apocalypse, Cycopse & Jean v Sinister, Iceman v Pyro, Colusses v Omega Red. Vision v Ultron, Dr Strange v Dormanu, Some Guardians V Ronan, Nova v Silver Surfer. I wouldn't mind a fatal attractions magneto & wolverine. Etc. I'm sure they COULD be more creative.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

I agree. I have the WvH in this scale. I like it to be my centerpiece. I believe all the other Dio's are 1/6th. I'd wouldn't mind adding to those instead.
And with more diversity of characters. Like Archangel vs Apocalypse, Cycopse & Jean v Sinister, Iceman v Pyro, Colusses v Omega Red. Vision v Ultron, Dr Strange v Dormanu, Some Guardians V Ronan, Nova v Silver Surfer. I wouldn't mind a fatal attractions magneto & wolverine. Etc. I'm sure they COULD be more creative.

Could and should

Back