Statue Sideshow Spider-Man vs Venom maquette 1/5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Spider-Man vs Venom maquette

It'll be 1/5 scale like the Hulk vs Wolverine dio.

As always I will need to see more pics of this piece.

Won't reject it or accept it until then ....

Same here, but leaning that way. I was hoping this piece would make me not want to track the IS version down. Doesn't look that way so far, but I'll wait.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

6Rv8wq1.jpg

TEpqHx7.png

I wish the first dio had legs. They really ****ed that piece up having no legs on Venom in that one.
I like this.

Liking what I see so far....

Still gotta see the whole thing.

This piece would have been a winner if they had Spidey's foot smashing Venom's jaw. Spit fliying out of his mouth.

Extend that goofy right leg on SM and turn Venom's head.

Looks ok. But not overly impressed with this.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

This entire statue is a fail in my book.

I think the sculpt looks good. Just not good enough for the price, tho.

At this price point, I feel the funds are better served putting them down for another X-Men piece. Besides I already have the P1 Venom and previous SSC Spider-Man PF.

This entire statue is a fail in my book.

So I took two years of sculpting in college and have an appreciation for how difficult it is to sculpt well. I love the classic venom as well as the modern version depicted in comics//movie and the ex head looks great to me. So I am just curious but why is this statue a fail for you? Are there specific parts you don't like? The sculpt and pose look well done, dynamic and exciting imo. I'm asking because so many people on these forums over the years easily shrug off statues initially as a pass and later end up getting them anyways.

So I took two years of sculpting in college and have an appreciation for how difficult it is to sculpt well. I love the classic venom as well as the modern version depicted in comics//movie and the ex head looks great to me. So I am just curious but why is this statue a fail for you? Are there specific parts you don't like? The sculpt and pose look well done, dynamic and exciting imo. I'm asking because so many people on these forums over the years easily shrug off statues initially as a pass and later end up getting them anyways.
Not a fan of Venoms body build. I'm a fan of Todd's Venom, and they include a Todd head for venom but the body build is just not big enough. Venom to me is a huge hulking monster. The venom in this statue is just a jacked dude with a big head.

Not a fan of the Spider man pose. It's a statue that is full of action yet misses the mark on the actual fighting aspect.

No web from spider man yet his hand is clearly in the web shooting pose. Not like the symbiote wrapping around spider man's hand.

The price is crazy high for the size of the statue.

What I would do to fix this piece. Have venom actually touching spider man like he's throwing him off the building..beef up Venoms body build. Look at XMs Venom and or sideshows old venom on the building top.

damn small but big price. spidey looks great like 2nd pf and venom only without the heads. easy pass and hell yeah 700 bucks for that damn ***ing small piece.

Back