Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette (2010)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is such an awesome Spidey display. God I love it!! I don't get jealous often but damn does his Spidey setup look great.

Chirp in on the Bowen stuff. They are great statues . QC on almost every one I've ever owned was perfect. I sold most of them when I got heavy into 1/4 scale but I've been secretly buying some here and there. They are obviously alot smaller in scale but Randy and Co do a great job. Their Hulk buster absolutely poops on SS. Same with Apoc. Bowen makes quality stuff 1/6 or not

Bowen HB over SS? I'm surprised.
Both look great but I love SS HB.

I like em both (own them) but super size Bowens HB and you have the best looking 1/4 scale HB there will ever be! Haha just my opinion of course. It's hard to explain but I like the way Randy sculpted the armor better. There are slight variations . Really just personal preference I guess. My favorite cap statue ever made was Randy and Trons original ulitmate. I'd sell my XM before I'd let my ultimate go. Crazy I know but those two Bowen pieces are my favorite statues of all time. They will be buried with me when I go

I like em both (own them) but super size Bowens HB and you have the best looking 1/4 scale HB there will ever be! Haha just my opinion of course. It's hard to explain but I like the way Randy sculpted the armor better. There are slight variations . Really just personal preference I guess. My favorite cap statue ever made was Randy and Trons original ulitmate. I'd sell my XM before I'd let my ultimate go. Crazy I know but those two Bowen pieces are my favorite statues of all time. They will be buried with me when I go

Yeah, Randy and his stable of sculptors do some really great work. There are A LOT of BD pieces I don't think will be topped by SSC (in sculpt, not size obviously). Thanos, Mr. Sinister, Juggernaut, Chrome Silver Surfer, Sabretooth, Abomination, Cable, Chrome Colossus, Modern Nova, museum Human Torch, Odin, Daredevil, Vision, etc...

All of the characters above and many more are incredible sculpts by BD that ANY company will struggle to top. Sabretooth, Silver Surfer, Abomination, Colossus, Daredevil, and Vision have already been released (or will be) as PFs. I think the BD statues look much better than any of those PFs. I have serious issues with all of those PFs. The BD versions look fantastic so I bought them instead. Because SSC is so hit and miss for me (weird poses, cheezy cloth, artistic liberties taken, etc..) I'm very happy to have a BD collection that scratches my Marvel itch. My BD collection is fairly large, looks good, and has just about all the characters I want in the Marvel U. I will never be able to say that about my SSC Marvel collection.

Yeah, Randy and his stable of sculptors do some really great work. There are A LOT of BD pieces I don't think will be topped by SSC (in sculpt, not size obviously). Thanos, Mr. Sinister, Juggernaut, Chrome Silver Surfer, Sabretooth, Abomination, Cable, Chrome Colossus, Modern Nova, museum Human Torch, Odin, Daredevil, Vision, etc...

All of the characters above and many more are incredible sculpts by BD that ANY company will struggle to top. Sabretooth, Silver Surfer, Abomination, Colossus, Daredevil, and Vision have already been released (or will be) as PFs. I think the BD statues look much better than any of those PFs. I have serious issues with all of those PFs. The BD versions look fantastic so I bought them instead. Because SSC is so hit and miss for me (weird poses, cheezy cloth, artistic liberties taken, etc..) I'm very happy to have a BD collection that scratches my Marvel itch. My BD collection is fairly large, looks good, and has just about all the characters I want in the Marvel U. I will never be able to say that about my SSC Marvel collection.

Yeah even though Sideshow makes up 90% of my statue collection....this is still one of my favorites.

492f1bdb-a88f-4212-af78-d3b7af863a1f_zps6bd076ef.jpg

Yeah even though Sideshow makes up 90% of my statue collection....this is still one of my favorites.

492f1bdb-a88f-4212-af78-d3b7af863a1f_zps6bd076ef.jpg

Yeah bro. Seriously...how do you top that? It's magnificent. I recently scored the phasing Vision and I have to say that piece is also phenomenal. That sculpt was just ripped from the cover of Avengers #57. Just looking at the statue you can actually see John Buscema's cover art. I'm in awe whenever I look at it. I can't even come close to saying that about the Vision PF.

I'm not buying much BD merch anymore. This is only because I have almost all the characters I want from them. I need to pick up 4 more pieces from BD and I can say I'm done after that. I can then focus on my very favorite characters with SSC. I look forward to adding those characters so long as I like the way they look.

spidey base.jpg

Would like to confirm that this is legit Sideshow-released?
What is the difference compared to the numbered pieces? Hopin its not refurbished
Thanks

Yea, sample versions are the ones that are made for promo and factory uses. APs are usually pieces made outside the official edition for parties involved in the creation of the piece.

Back