Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette (2010)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who'd of thought the imminent release of the JSC would provoke more action in this thread than that one? :lol

Well....

Well, I kind of bumped this thread since I got this piece a few days back. Then you all went mental!

Yeah and then all the JSC groupies had to rush in and steal your thunder DC..... AWESOME PIECE!!!

His waist looks tiny compared to his chest/shoulders in that vid. Is it like that, or just an awkward angle?

Well....

Yeah and then all the JSC groupies had to rush in and steal your thunder DC..... AWESOME PIECE!!!

Exactly! :D I'm too nice of a guy to shamelessly bump my post. But at least I can throw the above video in ya'lls face!

Awesome review m8... Even though I have him I never tire of hearing the reviews...:-D

Thanks a lot, Spidey! I feel the same about all the pieces I own. I enjoy reading in the threads, sharing views, thoughts and info regarding pieces that I own. :)

His waist looks tiny compared to his chest/shoulders in that vid. Is it like that, or just an awkward angle?

Indeed, it does. It's not just the angle. This is a stylized version of Spidey. Like with the egg-shaped head, this piece is something that could've been taken straight out of a page from a comic book. Mark Bagley is one of my favorite artists, and even though this piece is inspired by Ariel Olivetti, I find some elements that remind me of Bagley, which makes the piece even more of a favorite to me.

So, I'm not the only one, huh? That's great to hear! :D

Yeah, Bagley was at a Con here by me and I gave serious consideration to hauling my COM base there and asking him to sketch Spidey's portrait and sign it for me. Then I always come back to the fact that it is an Olivetti piece. :lol

This is a pretty good mixture of modern and classic Spidey influences to me ... A bit of a mix of Romita Sr. and Bagley... just my opinion

Hehe, yea that would probably not be right. :) I'd love to get Stan Lee's signature on my base, but alas, I understand he won't come to Europe again...

I was lucky enough to have Stan sign my base years ago at a Wizard World Con. It was a surreal experience. I can't begin to explain how cool it was to meet Stan and watch him sign the base. I felt like a little kid again. I hope you can find a way to get your base signed. Hopefully, he'll make one more trip out to Europe sometime in the very near future. I know it can't be easy for him though. He is in his 90's now.

10380187_459770634167979_7681058276371143292_o.jpg

Here is a pic of mine. I never actually did a photoshoot with it yet. I do admit that I just put it up on Ebay for a high price tag.... I need to fund equally high priced X men PF's that I want to buy :) I don't really care if it sells or not, so I put it up there just in case. I figure this is what most people do when there are high prices out there.

Back