Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the The SS Snake Eyes Body when Converting to a Saturday Toys Body what needs to be done? Do Hand Pegs need to be altered? fet etc. Thanksforthe tips and if you have alink to photos on how its done please post thanks!

All you need to do is swap the ankle joints (Boil and pop). Also, you need to thicken the neck joint (a piece of paper will do), or the neck might be too loose.

this is my perfect snake eyes

dsc0726i.jpg

Why is SE with the head tilted to the side in several of your pictures? Is it because he's sensitive? Is he sad? Did he loose his teddy bear? Or his boyfriend left him?

:lol I'm sorry... it just looks too weird!

Anyway, yes... the Wesker body is the perfect body for SE!

I like the Wesker body I think it's the best choice for a swap on ole SE. I need to pick one up still (Wesker body).

You better hurry. They are going up in price. I picked 2 when Wesker was first beign parted out at 13.99 now they are going for 30.00 to 40.00. The same thing happened to the Saturday Toys body if you remember. On second thought Im sure Hot Toys will release it eventually, like the narrow and the slim, so you can wait until then.

Why is SE with the head tilted to the side in several of your pictures? Is it because he's sensitive? Is he sad? Did he loose his teddy bear? Or his boyfriend left him?

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

"Is he sad?"

:rotfl:rotfl

At least its not the medicom crotch pose

You better hurry. They are going up in price. I picked 2 when Wesker was first beign parted out at 13.99 now they are going for 30.00 to 40.00. The same thing happened to the Saturday Toys body if you remember. On second thought Im sure Hot Toys will release it eventually, like the narrow and the slim, so you can wait until then.

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:mad:

The new truetype possibly (I don't doubt) being released this year is similar to Wesker's.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68345&highlight=truetype

Isnt the 09 special edition TT released this past December, the original TT body with, different arms, snap on thighs and a different head? Never mind, the chest is also different. I hope they release these.

I notice the leg extension are normal length. That is the only thing I had a problem with. The leg extension on Wesker's body were a bit longer than the narrow, making SE and SS taller than the other SS Joes. Good thing you can swap them.

Last edited:

is a character has no face and eyes. is not a character expression

a way of giving expression is with the movements of the head ..

and your boyfriend?it is okay??:gun
:lol

I picked up a Snake a few months ago and I wasn't super impressed with elements of him. I think the head and eye visor could have been vastly improved. I do think the swords and uzi were very nicely done though.

I do wish SST just used the HT TrueType and paid HT for the rights to use it. It would greatly expand the value of all these figures across the board.

SS looks absurd on the TT. It's inhuman shoulders and the gaps between the arms and body were compounded by the shirt SS came with (remember, he was released before the newer TTs). If given a choice between the TT and the Pro, I know I'd have picked the Pro.

^

I can see your point for Snake, I'm saying in general a more popular nude type would increase it's loose parts value, possibly driving down the loose parts price for other items in the set.

When HT had it's pre True Type nude, it sold for about 12-15 dollars, no one wanted them back then, the cost of the other gear in the set drove up accordingly when parted out. You could say the poorly received nudes from ACE and Toy Soldier also impacted their boxed set sales too ( as well as dealer willingness to part out those sets)

If SST makes better headsculpts and has a better core nude, the sets are more versatile period. For consumers, for dealers to potentially part out. That's the observation that I'm making.

The problem with that is there would be a price tag to match. I'm perfectly content getting Sideshow's Joe figures, which are great in quality, for the $90-$120 they're going for now. With the added body, we'd probably be looking at $30-$40 more which, while not much of an increase on an individual basis, over the course of 3, is another figure. Again, if it bugs, that option is perfectly already available to anyone now as Sideshow's figures are 100% compatible with the TT. IMO, it's just a costly, unnecessary upgrade as a base release.

Back