Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I jumped into the line just a month or so ago and he was everywhere. So glad I did it then. I am actually surprised cobra commander is so readily avaliable still. He is such an awesome figure. I will say this, it is good feeling to have everything pre-ordered now so I don't have to stress.

Though I haven't decided if I want to drop the cash on Crimson Commander yet. So there is still that to stress about.

To alot of people this line is too pricey for the quality it offers, not to mention the amount of figures that we can expect. Thinking about that and having to spend $100 or more a pop to have complete collection, some feel why bother even getting started. Now obviously it will sell because the line is based off of original 3 3/4figure designs most of us grew up with and hold dear but even back then there were undebateable "favorites". Snake eyes, Storm shadow, Zartan, Firefly, Beachhead, can hands down be considered as such and therefore will sell out quickly and be more valueable. I myself for example, am waiting to see more improvements to later figures before I support this line and anything I "missed" out on until that point simply wasnt worth the price IMO. Duke looks promising... maybe I'll start with him.

To alot of people this line is too pricey for the quality it offers, not to mention the amount of figures that we can expect. Thinking about that and having to spend $100 or more a pop to have complete collection, some feel why bother even getting started. Now obviously it will sell because the line is based off of original 3 3/4figure designs most of us grew up with and hold dear but even back then there were undebateable "favorites". Snake eyes, Storm shadow, Zartan, Firefly, Beachhead, can hands down be considered as such and therefore will sell out quickly and be more valueable. I myself for example, am waiting to see more improvements to later figures before I support this line and anything I "missed" out on until that point simply wasnt worth the price IMO. Duke looks promising... maybe I'll start with him.

The quality was way better than I expected, especially after reading all the nit picking snake-eyes recieved upon released, and a huge jump over what hasbro offers up. I hear you on the price though it gave me pause until I stopped and added up what I spent on the 25th anniversary stuff. In my case I will end up spending less and am already getting more satisfaction out of them. For the most part my 25th stuff is unopened, in tupperware and in storage. My SS figures are proudly displayed on a shelf.

But everyone is different and totally I can see how this line won't be for everyone. In fact I am shocked how much I ended up liking it. I actually had Snakey-Eyes and Cobra Commander EX pre-ordered at one point and cancelled them due to the very arguements you bring up. Wish I had held on to them now.

I hear you corin.

The other option I considered was buying them and leaving them in their boxes for "no hassle" resale if I ever decided to stop with the line. But when I mention quality issues not that its poor but I mean things Im not personally happy with which would just mean extra cost for me on figures that I already feel are overpriced but thats my personal opinnion. Anyways, keeps your eyes peeled on ebay I've seen Cobra commander EX on there pretty reasonable recently. Might take some persistance but Im pretty certain you can snag a deal on one even now.

Geez, I feel like as recently as 2-3 weeks ago there were still regular SE's on ebay for close to retail. I wonder if the Storm Shadow shipping notices lit a fire under a lot of fence sitters.

Wow, I guess so. Tried a couple of my go-to retailers for items like this, but they're dry. So are the 4 comic stores I usually hit up. Seems like he was there last week, and BAM!!! :lol

Preshea, I don't mean to sound presumptuous, but I get the impression you might not have seen these guys in person. If you did, you might change your tune about the price, because you really don't realize how great these are until you do. Then, if you consider that one of these figures costs essentially the same price as 14-15 regular Joes, think seem more than worth the cost.

People nitpick about things, but for the most part, these are fantastic toys that you don't need to do much with.

Preshea, I don't mean to sound presumptuous, but I get the impression you might not have seen these guys in person. If you did, you might change your tune about the price, because you really don't realize how great these are until you do. Then, if you consider that one of these figures costs essentially the same price as 14-15 regular Joes, think seem more than worth the cost.

People nitpick about things, but for the most part, these are fantastic toys that you don't need to do much with.

unless you buy the paravipers lol...you can buy about 40 of them for one SE ...but i agree with you..in hand the sideshow joe line is top notch

Just in case anyone is jumping on the reg. wait list now, the email I got from Jeff did say they had a few Reg. Snake Eyes available for wait listers, but I've been on the excl. waitlist since late May. I doubt they'll have any for new wait listers but it's worth a shot.

I should've checked Ebay for Snakes more frequently but completely forgot about it when they were available close to or below retail. Glad my wait list came through.

These are high-end collectibles. And truth be told, still some of the cheapest high-end collectibles on the market. You'd be paying about $30-$40 more for a HotToys equivalent. If you're looking to save a buck and feel you're not getting your value's worth here, IMHO, you'd be better off with Hasbro's 12" line. At $15 a pop, you'll get your money's worth and you can collect the whole line for the price of a few Sideshow offerings.

me too..i have about 20 of them so far lol

Think I have a dozen or so and it is one of the few that I had to open one of. Actually a really terrific figure. Every once in a great while hasbro gets it right.

I havent seen these figs in hand so I understand ur point Thenammagazine....but at the same time take hot toys, for example. The secrect service figure I got retailed for under $100 and I didnt have to be concerned about loose limbs or excessively baggy transparent clothing or weapon molds that could be better( I ordered 2 of Cobra Commanders Desert eagles and the mags are loose fitting on both and dont stay all the way in). Now I say that not to start a whole HT vs. Sideshow dispute, but its factual that there is some quality issues with some of the items compared to HT. Maybe some things can be overlooked depending on the person, but 2 owners of the latest stormshadow fig had commented that fresh out of the box some joints were loose and so forth so I can't necessarily agree that these are worth the money out of the box but I will say I love gijoe and I wish they were in my eyes.

Last edited:
I jumped into the line just a month or so ago and he was everywhere. So glad I did it then. I am actually surprised cobra commander is so readily avaliable still. He is such an awesome figure. I will say this, it is good feeling to have everything pre-ordered now so I don't have to stress.

Though I haven't decided if I want to drop the cash on Crimson Commander yet. So there is still that to stress about.

If you are acompletist then go ahead and get him. If not, stay away from that abomination, you dont need it. If its the cape, just get one from Drizzle and you are all set.

So I broke down and busted mine open. My joints are pretty lose and the ammo clips were really tight. But in all an awesome fig, tomorrow Ill crack open CC

my unmasked snake eyes
105.jpg

Does that head fit on a Pro or did you have to use a HT body?

I havent seen these figs in hand so I understand ur point Thenammagazine....but at the same time take hot toys, for example. The secrect service figure I got retailed for under $100 and I didnt have to be concerned about loose limbs or excessively baggy transparent clothing or weapon molds that could be better( I ordered 2 of Cobra Commanders Desert eagles and the mags are loose fitting on both and dont stay all the way in). Now I say that not to start a whole HT vs. Sideshow dispute, but its factual that there is some quality issues with some of the items compared to HT. Maybe some things can be overlooked depending on the person, but 2 owners of the latest stormshadow fig had commented that fresh out of the box some joints were loose and so forth so I can't necessarily agree that these are worth the money out of the box but I will say I love gijoe and I wish they were in my eyes.

I wouldn't listen to the OCD douches. These same people argued about Iron Man's MKII suit having bolts a fraction of a millimeter off, Indy having a few misshapen beard hairs, his jacket having two tiny brass buttons on the storm flap and Stormtroopers having the incorrect amount of teeth. As far as HotToys, they have their own issues, like wrist pegs snapping, which is far more unforgivable at 60% more than Sideshow's prices. So for the price HotToys charges, you'd expect something that's 60% better in quality. IMO, these figures are just about HT quality at a considerably more reasonable price. So I'd say, pick one up and then judge it for yourself. That's the ONLY way you'll know for sure. Otherwise, you're chicken-littling yourself based on bull^^^^.

Last edited:

As someone that has quite a few Sideshow and Hot Toys figures, I can say SE is up to snuff with HT figures. Yea, I swapped the body, but that was just preference.

Those $100 Secret Service figures are nice, but they sure didn't have the licensing fee that GIJoe has.

Back