Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: sideshow snake eyes photo thread

So I guess this is just something we should expect with the launch of each new line? We probably should have learned that by now :lol :duh

What's great about how SE turned out is that he's definitely one of the harder figures for SSC to have tackled to debut the line due to his skin tight suit. They could have gone the easy route and given him the goggles and commando sweater. Glad they went the extra mile to give us the more popular (and my definite favorite) visor/sword w/spandex version. Well done! :clap

Just out of curiosity, is SE's head completely sewn into the mask? Does it feel like he has actual features (ie nose mouth ears)?

I couldn't feel any. Might just be a blank face sculpt like Medi's Stormys. Or might not have any features. Feel free to buy one, peel off the mask and get back to us though. :p

Just out of curiosity, is SE's head completely sewn into the mask? Does it feel like he has actual features (ie nose mouth ears)?

It has actual features. Like I stated in my early post, my visor came detached, but what I forgot to mention is that there was a circular hole in the middle of the mask. I dont know if this was done on purpose or a damaged mask. Anyway, I was able to see the eyes and with the cloth moved down I could see the nose and top lip, all in black plastic like the body.

Interesting on the sculpted face. Who is gonna be the first to remove it and paint it???

I put indy's head on him and he looked silly.

I couldn't feel any. Might just be a blank face sculpt like Medi's Stormys. Or might not have any features. Feel free to buy one, peel off the mask and get back to us though. :p

It has actual features. Like I stated in my early post, my visor came detached, but what I forgot to mention is that there was a circular hole in the middle of the mask. I dont know if this was done on purpose or a damaged mask. Anyway, I was able to see the eyes and with the cloth moved down I could see the nose and top lip, all in black plastic like the body.

Well that cleared that up. :lol

Actually, he has a lot more gear than that. He was stripped down by at least a couple layers in those pics.

Yeah, that's what I mean. I like the look of it with less gear than all of it added to him. When I get mine I'll probably not add all the gear to him.

I have posed mine both ways and IMO I think he looks better without all the gear. SS knocked this one out of the park and I cant wait for CC to ship.

Yeah, that's what I mean. I like the look of it with less gear than all of it added to him. When I get mine I'll probably not add all the gear to him.

Actually he comes with everyone on. You'll have to unclip all of his little buckles if you want to display him without them. I'm sure people with Hot Toys figures are used to it buy I was shocked that every little clip, buckle, and strap was actually functional.

I have posed mine both ways and IMO I think he looks better without all the gear. SS knocked this one out of the park and I cant wait for CC to ship.

He definitely looks great whatever your preference.

Actually he comes with everyone on. You'll have to unclip all of his little buckles if you want to display him without them. I'm sure people with Hot Toys figures are used to it buy I was shocked that every little clip, buckle, and strap was actually functional.

That's what I was telling the guys on Live last night I was just amazed by the detail that went into this guy.

Yep, but you need to exercise extreme caution when undoing the buckles as the teeth can bend or "white line" if pushed too hard rendering the buckle useless and can easily break if pushed too hard. I usually use needle nose pliers to open them with kid gloves pressure-wise.

Here's my pic of him transplanted with a TrueType body
SnakeEyes.jpg

In person his chest looks beefier and he has broader shoulders, like Snake Eyes should.

Looks good, what was your technique to detach the head, because like mine, it looks like the suit is sewn to the head, monkey depots says it's a glued on head that can easily be removed, however, they didn't say or show what the exact steps where in removing the head from the skin tight suit.:confused:

any details you can share will help:rolleyes:

I cancelled my preorder with SSC and ordered from Monkey Depot. Cheaper that way and I bet I get him sooner. Ccan't wait, you guys got me dying!!!

No the head just pops off like other figures. The fabric on the head is not connected to the body... totally separate. So you pop off the head and then you can go from there.

The ankles aren't but you can pop Hot Toys hands on the Pro's wrist joints they fit just fine.

Well just got mine and I'm very happy with him all his joints are nice and tight and he can hold poses very well without the stand if need be.

IMG00049-20090319-1735.jpg
IMG00048-20090319-1734.jpg
IMG00053-20090319-1741.jpg

I did make two addition to his out fit to help his look I made a set of elastic loops for the straps on his left leg to match the one holding down the strap on his right leg. I also was sad to see they removed the straps from his wrist bands so I added them back to him as well.

IMG00046-20090319-1731.jpg
IMG00045-20090319-1731.jpg

It would appear, from all the pics, that this figure poses like a dream! :rock

Back