Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Sideshow is gonna address every single complaint they had with Snake-eyes, their first Joe, and really knock this out of the park Hot Toys-style. So yes, if you don't have the first release, wait. I'm hoping for some of the SS 'let's modernize it' mixed with a healthy dose of Resolute with the short sword on the back of his belt. And no more Uzis. Go MP5, small assault rifle, something different that would be an actual-use or cutting edge Black Ops/Counter-terror weapon.

LONG ANSWER:

I've stated on this Joe Board several times that I don't mind the modernization and "re-imagining" of these figures provided that Sideshow stays true to the essence of the character. Of course, there are several ways to interpret what is essential to each character; it will all boil down to one's opinion. When Firefly was shown and everyone was up in arms about how he turned out, I was one of the few who liked Sideshow's take on Firefly. I can't wait until he ships and we have him in hand.

I tend to agree with your statement about Snake Eyes' Uzi, but I'm going to contradict myself and say that the Uzi is pretty much a big part of how we view Snake Eyes. While the weapon itself is outdated, and I hesitate to use the word "essential", when you think of Snake Eyes, you think of his black outfit, his sword, and his Uzi.

SHORT SUCCINCT ANSWER:

Snake Eyes need Uzi.

I think Sideshow is gonna address every single complaint they had with Snake-eyes, their first Joe, and really knock this out of the park Hot Toys-style. So yes, if you don't have the first release, wait. I'm hoping for some of the SS 'let's modernize it' mixed with a healthy dose of Resolute with the short sword on the back of his belt. And no more Uzis. Go MP5, small assault rifle, something different that would be an actual-use or cutting edge Black Ops/Counter-terror weapon.

I like this answer!

Patience is a virtue!

.......too bad... I have none, hahaha.

Will look forward to this and spend that money elsewhere!

The MP7A1 is an adequate and logical update of the Uzi. It's definitely Uzi in spirit and design but updated 1000x more efficiently, can be suppressed that much better and has a round that's considerably more characteristic of all that Snake Eyes embraces. It's just a shame they gave it to Cobra Commander. :lol

LONG ANSWER:

I've stated on this Joe Board several times that I don't mind the modernization and "re-imagining" of these figures provided that Sideshow stays true to the essence of the character. Of course, there are several ways to interpret what is essential to each character; it will all boil down to one's opinion. When Firefly was shown and everyone was up in arms about how he turned out, I was one of the few who liked Sideshow's take on Firefly. I can't wait until he ships and we have him in hand.

I tend to agree with your statement about Snake Eyes' Uzi, but I'm going to contradict myself and say that the Uzi is pretty much a big part of how we view Snake Eyes. While the weapon itself is outdated, and I hesitate to use the word "essential", when you think of Snake Eyes, you think of his black outfit, his sword, and his Uzi.

SHORT SUCCINCT ANSWER:

Snake Eyes need Uzi.

I have no problem at all removing myself from this "we". I have always hated the Uzi even when I bought the very first Snake Eyes way back. And Sideshow's can't even hold his correctly (which is about the closest thing that I have to a complaint about the figure).

I would have been much happier with an M4 derivative.

That being said...I do recognize how most others see the Uzi as a "must" on a Snake Eyes figure and I will be surprised if it is omitted from Sideshow's next version. I do hope they sculpt his hand in a better sculpt to aim it if he has to have it. And in my own dreamworld...they'll throw in a nicely accessorized M4 from outta left field with the next one.

i am excited about seeing a goggled version. you know it would be incredible since every sideshow joe (and cobra) release has gotten better and better it seems like (to me anyway) with the exception of ss...which is the best figure ever and no one will ever top him...EVAH!

i am excited about seeing a goggled version. you know it would be incredible since every sideshow joe (and cobra) release has gotten better and better it seems like (to me anyway) with the exception of ss...which is the best figure ever and no one will ever top him...EVAH!

I think the Pro 1.2 might have bumped his stock up just a smidgen.

The MP7A1 is an adequate and logical update of the Uzi. It's definitely Uzi in spirit and design but updated 1000x more efficiently, can be suppressed that much better and has a round that's considerably more characteristic of all that Snake Eyes embraces. It's just a shame they gave it to Cobra Commander. :lol

I thought the same thing when Cobra Commander shipped, thinking that the MP7 looked like an updated Uzi.

I have no problem at all removing myself from this "we". I have always hated the Uzi even when I bought the very first Snake Eyes way back. And Sideshow's can't even hold his correctly (which is about the closest thing that I have to a complaint about the figure).

I would have been much happier with an M4 derivative.

That being said...I do recognize how most others see the Uzi as a "must" on a Snake Eyes figure and I will be surprised if it is omitted from Sideshow's next version. I do hope they sculpt his hand in a better sculpt to aim it if he has to have it. And in my own dreamworld...they'll throw in a nicely accessorized M4 from outta left field with the next one.

Yeah, I didn't mean to use "we" as if I was speaking for everyone on the board. My fault.

Still, Snake Eyes need Uzi.

I thought the same thing when Cobra Commander shipped, thinking that the MP7 looked like an updated Uzi.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/YjY0Us7NOns&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/YjY0Us7NOns&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>​

True.

Give him an XCR for an assault rifle, his Uzi for small arms, a sidearm, his ammo bag, combat knife, tons of ammo and assorted explosives, and a climbing rope and that'll do.

5yermr.jpg

Oh, and the Arishikage tattoo on his forearm!!!

SE did not become MACHO overnight.:wink1:

DSC_0044_6478.jpg

DSC_0042_6476.jpg

DSC_0041_6475.jpg

DSC_0037_6471.jpg

"I cant sing a song, carry a tune, nor recite the alphabet....but I can kick your ass"

:monkey3

Back