Sideshow Snake Eyes and Timber 1/6th Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think its worth to buy this as my 1st 1/6 Gi joe? I like what im seeing but with a lots of negative comments about the fig im confuse right now

Do you think its worth to buy this as my 1st 1/6 Gi joe? I like what im seeing but with a lots of negative comments about the fig im confuse right now

At the price to track an original which you'd probably mod, why not grab this as an Ex, get the Timber with 2 heads and do the little mods it seems to need. Plus if it sees production like this, i'm sure someones gonna do commando heads. If you like Snake Eyes, its probably gonna be a win either way you decide to go. :yess:

I just noticed this, what Snake Eyes needs is that exact visor the SB is wearing. Thats exactly what he needs. Low profile wrap arounds. Theres a pic of him from the cover of "Silent Interlude" on SS's facebook page and you'd have him nailed (except of course hes got climbing gear on also) :yess:

Yeah I just couldn't find a pair at the time.
I found these but they're cheap, I Sharpied a piece of paper and slid it behind the clear part to hide the face underneath. If I was more serious about making a commando goggle head, I'd find better goggles and paint them.
That's one thing I do like about Sideshow's commando head, the goggles are painted perfectly.
Here's Firefly's head:
031ds.jpg

029by.jpg

And the original head, the only pic that came out right:
021gc.jpg

I think the traditional goggles look better on the original head.
personally, I prefer the visor look to the commando, but the original's visor is just too large. hopefully SE 2.0's visor is smaller and the paint better matches the firefly head.

Looks cool as others have said, but doesn't say "Snake Eyes" to me. Reminds me more of the HYDRA Troopers from the Captain America movie.

He does kinda look like that. Personally, only the visor says Snake Eyes to me. I had some spare time and decided to try something new, also took the opportunity to do some work on SE, fixed the balaclava and next I'm going to start sewing down the loose straps and find some replacement hands, the original right gun grip he came with holds guns like #$!*.

Yeah I just couldn't find a pair at the time.
I found these but they're cheap, I Sharpied a piece of paper and slid it behind the clear part to hide the face underneath. If I was more serious about making a commando goggle head, I'd find better goggles and paint them.
That's one thing I do like about Sideshow's commando head, the goggles are painted perfectly.
Here's Firefly's head:
031ds.jpg

029by.jpg

And the original head, the only pic that came out right:
021gc.jpg

I think the traditional goggles look better on the original head.
personally, I prefer the visor look to the commando, but the original's visor is just too large. hopefully SE 2.0's visor is smaller and the paint better matches the firefly head.

:exactly: I think these hit the visor scale on the head. think they look like a good start on either head.

As your first Joe, this is a good figure to purchase. A mint v1 is going to be hard to track down unless you're willing to pay a lot of cash. Purchase the new one and buy some extra gear to modify it :hi5:

Back to SE 2.0, I think the visor sculpt would look so much better painted in a darker flat black.
It's just too lightly colored here:
snakeeyescloseup.jpg

The Visor looks like it's removable, not sure though:
snakeeyesvisorcloseup.jpg

I still don't like this up close:
snakeeyescommandoheadcl.jpg

Finally a good look at the messenger bag:
snakeeyesmessengerbagcl.jpg

Last edited:
Back to SE 2.0, I think the visor sculpt would look so much better painted in a darker flat black.
snakeeyescloseup.jpg

It may be the headsculpt is appearing so light due to light reflection. If you look at the messenger bag shot the same sculpt doesn't appear nearly as gray looking.

Now to me the sculpt with the goggles:horror:yuck

snakeeyescloseup.jpg

visor looks good this time awesome

snakeeyescloseup.jpg

I know it was mentioned, but Im wondering if you can remove the goggles off this head and replace them with "in scale" goggles...I dont assume they're molded into the mask itself...

Matt

to me,the only thing Sideshow needs to fix is just makes those Goggles bigger- I hope they'll listen

to show the snake eyes in new movie for idea's on maybe custom from new one or hope we will probably get this movie version later on...next time i guess i'l stick to movie thread to post MOVIE previews ...sorry:slap

Back