Sideshow Snake Eyes and Timber 1/6th Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure is so epically bad, but can be saved with a bunch of mods.
And yes, I was dumb enough to get it.

This figure is so epically bad, but can be saved with a bunch of mods.
And yes, I was dumb enough to get it.

I have no idea why some people even bother buying sidehow figures... yeah he could do with a couple mods but epically bad?
If you think its that bad you ARE dumb to have bought it!

I have no idea why some people even bother buying sidehow figures... yeah he could do with a couple mods but epically bad?

Because most of the time the pieces are there to make correct figure.

Jeez, thanks for pointing out what I already said. It's a good thing you're here to do so, otherwise some might be lost.:1-1:

Why can't we all just have our opinions on the figure instead of each other? Statements like this are what start threads into flames 90% of the time, luckily Unclechopchop decided to be the bigger man, but why chance it, why make personal statements like this toward other members?

Why can't we all just have our opinions on the figure instead of each other? Statements like this are what start threads into flames 90% of the time, luckily Unclechopchop decided to be the bigger man, but why chance it, why make personal statements like this toward other members?

I thought that was the Norm around here on the freaks boards? :dunno

I thought that was the Norm around here on the freaks boards? :dunno

Its becoming more and more the norm around here; with the bannings for that Cobra throne crap I noticed a marked improvement, but we could just as easily become the DC boards someday, which would pretty much suck the life out of this section imo.

I've been as guilty as any others, but the question is why is it okay to insult members sometimes and not others? Alot of times the problem is the person who starts the personal attacks isn't even dealt with by the mods, its the people who react to the initial trolling...wtf?

imo its just easier to be enjoy our Joes and goto DC/movies/Sandbox if you're feeling aggressive. :dunno

i agree, but what about when someone posts a pic of the figure they just got saying how happy they are then someone feels the need to say how epically bad it is? i went a bit far but just pointing out how some things dont need to be said... this is supposed to be sideshow collectors... not sideshow haters.
it wasnt a personal attack, i was agreeing with a comment & it was meant to be taken as a joke, im sorry it was worded badly which is my bad, im a ****... which seems to be ok for a few people on here to get away with.

i agree, but what about when someone posts a pic of the figure they just got saying how happy they are then someone feels the need to say how epically bad it is? i went a bit far but just pointing out how some things dont need to be said... this is supposed to be sideshow collectors... not sideshow haters.
it wasnt a personal attack, i was agreeing with a comment & it was meant to be taken as a joke, im sorry it was worded badly which is my bad, im a ****... which seems to be ok for a few people on here to get away with.

Theres a couple assumptions you seem to be making in this thread and others that you post in.

One, is that anyone who doesn't 100% gush over a figure is a "Sideshow hater". If you want a board that only has positive comments, its out there and its not hard to find, but you choose to post here where people actually "discuss" a figure, so that would lead me to believe you want to discuss figures not just say, "Gee thats swell" to everything posted.

Second, is that you have no idea how much people get away with or how many infractions and bannings members are getting behind the scenes. Like I said, we just had the outright bannings for the people wanting to talk **** about those criticizing the Cobra throne. Basically started with the same thing you did here, but they took it to a major extreme. My point is, it always starts innocently and then escalates real quick. Beyond that, theres actually threads where people discuss their infractions and bans and we;ve got some *ahem* heavy hitters in this section, so why follow that route.

Lastly, you never know whats going to make someone else cry; I posted some **** that I thought was pretty funny in the GoT thread and it really hit a nerve with a fellow Joe collector, at first, I was offended that he was offended by such minor BS, but I realized in the end that he was the butt of my joke, so I erased my reply and just apologized. In the end its better to just have fun and enjoy discussing the figures rather than worrying about insulting someone else for their likes or dislikes.

Otherwise, heres how we end up 9/10 times...

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

Niltusk, I hate you. *Anakin voice*

YOU. Obviously know nothing about GI Joe. *pulls down pants*

Happy New Year!!! :wave

Ski

Sent from my SKI-N900P using Skiatalk

Should consider using a short neck.
The distance from the chin to the collarbone is good, it's just that this body is lacking bulk in his trapezoids a bit. A tank top would add more bulk where it's needed but won't solve the shiny body issue. Maybe I should spray the torso with some matte finish.
Once I try adding a second shirt and see how it looks I might go with a shorter neck. besides I need a longer neck for my Beachhead.
Yeah, without the jumper his neck does look a bit long.
Ive got a Snake Eyes V.1 shirt up for trade if you still want a shirt to go under that one.
Thanks for the offer, I already ordered a second V2 shirt so I'm good. If the second shirt doesn't work out I'll use it as a source of material for a custom balaclava for the visor head so the material matches. :wave

Last edited:
I didn't take what Unclechopchop said personally, I've read all the complaints about Snake V2 here and even said a few of my own. My opinion is different now that I have it in hand. Though I don't get why some people need to restate them over and over, sometimes venting can be taken too far.

Back