Sideshow Snake Eyes and Timber 1/6th Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few pics of my tweaked Snake Eyes.

I think its a solid figure once the stock sweater is ditched. A better figure than the first one. I do like the previous Joe pants to the new arm pit huggers.

Added the Saves sweater. Stalker pouches and holster. Hawk knife. Will prolly put the dual pouches on the leg like the orignial figure to give him a bit more faithfulness. I think he goes pretty good with the greenshirts. For now I dig it.

The 85 head. I like it, but I think I like the cloth head on the first figure more.

snakeeyes82_1.jpg

snakeeyes82_2.jpg

snakeeyes82_3.jpg

snakeeyes82_4.jpg

snakeeyes82_5.jpg

snakeeyes82_6.jpg

snakeeyes82_7.jpg

snakeeyes82_8.jpg

snakeeyes82_9.jpg

Now that's what I'm talkin about! :rock

I got my snake eyes and I love him, I think ill make his long sleeve turtleneck since im not fond of zip up jacket.

Sideshow might want to consider adding instructions so i dont need to figure out what does what and goes were I mean im supper buisy get a clue. and where can i put the water bottle, I put sword between his harness which sits well, the rest i followed pics.

Ill say this much timber is huge and weighs a ton and if you dont get feet possitioned just right he drops like a bag of bricks.

Replaced the goggles with a pair from Hasbro(I'll repaint the lenses black), the larger goggles don't make the head seem so huge and replaced the jacket with the ACI sweater.

r050.jpg

And just for fun, took a pic with some BBI bdu pants and the X-Toys LCE set. To look more like the 82 version.
I*

r051.jpg

r052.jpg

I replaced the goggles with a pair from Hasbro, the larger goggles don't make the head seem so huge and replaced the jacket with the ACI sweater. I will paint the lenses black.

r050.jpg

And just for fun, took a pic with some BBI bdu pants and the X-Toys LCE set. To look more like the 82 version.

r051.jpg

r052.jpg

Last edited:
Here are the mods I did to my Snake Eyes so far (Added larger goggles- first of three pairs I ordered, gave him a new sweater, and knee pads.)

snakeeyes121712005.jpg

snakeeyes121712001.jpg

snakeeyes121712003.jpg

snakeeyes121712004.jpg

Looks good Keenan!
The larger goggles really help the proportions of the Commando head, now they just need to be painted blue.
Though one issue, the kneepads are upside down.

That style seems to be working pretty damn good :lol

Once painted, it'll look much better.

Larger goggles sitting higher makes it look like a totally different sculpt. From 0 to 10 with a quick easy swap.

Anyone tried a set of BDU's with integrated keepads yet? Like the Toys City ones?

I gotta admit, as nice as some of these updates are - outside of the knee-pads I prefer the stock look. I really dig the head-sculpt and I always liked SE with slightly smaller goggles (like how the original figure and that awesome "Pursuit of Cobra" figure from a few years ago had em). Even the stock sweater looks cool to me (thought one EVILFACE replaced his with looks great).
That said, the stock sewn on knee-pads are garbage.

Also, on a side note, I received a 2nd body from this figure to put on my v1 SE (along with the new visored head) and its definitely a huge improvement. I don't know what I waited so long to update that scrawny ass body but I'm glad I finally did.

Back