Sideshow Snake Eyes and Timber 1/6th Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No maybe about it, RnR's exclusive head is prolly the most important Sideshow 1/6 exclusive ever.

Zartan.
Storm Shadow.
Duke.
Flint.

Are all must haves.

Agreed. There are a few exclusives that are must haves, but many are meh, like yawning Timber. Some are down right kahkah.

No maybe about it, RnR's exclusive head is prolly the most important Sideshow 1/6 exclusive ever.

Zartan.
Storm Shadow.
Duke.
Flint.

Are all must haves.

I am just as happy with the regular RNR head...they both are good in my opinion...

Can Timber pose like he's sitting? If so can you post pics please? I'm thinking about picking up a couple, painting them black then display them with my HT Odin. Thanks

Good news/bad news -

Snake Eyes goggles

Good news - The band on Snake Eyes goggles does adjust. They are afixed in the front, under the lenses.

Bad news - It appears to me that it is possible for them to be afixed a little too low in the front which would give him the big head look.

Timber -

Good news - The figure is huge and solid (ergo: heavy) and looks very good.

Bad News - As an articulation Nazi, I am extremely disappointed with how that much articulation will have extremely limited use. Seriously, with the way they angled the shoulders and hips, they may as well have made a static figure...almost. I have seen two good poses with him.

More to come...and pics...later. Gotta watch a movie with my daughter, first.

Which movie??????

Golden Winter.

Here are two preliminary shots. One of the body used for Snake Eyes and one of him with the visor head and minimal gear.

DSC02620a.jpg

I am not on the "Ninja" Snake Eyes wagon. But for visual sake only...

DSC02623a.jpg

Two more notes...

Good - It is gonna be a freakin' blast equipping this figure and setting it up.

Bad - I am probably just going to have to buy a whole extra figure and sell the parts I don't want because there is so much cool gear here that it would very likely cost me the price of a complete figure to buy it all a la carte.:peace

Edit - My camera battery died and my charger is in Phoenix so it will be tomorrow before I can get any more but one or two more pics.

Edit 2 - I have already posted everything I do not like about this figure. It is a well-spent 200.00. Awesome gear, awesome outfit, just all-around kick-ass!

Last edited:
Some more "likes"...

:yess:

1) I really like the way they made the prongs on the magazine holders as a part of the holder and not the clear bendy plastic that they use on everything else.

2) I am not with the hate on the trousers. Even with the sewn-on "leather" kneepads. This pair of trousers rocks and i will need an extra pair for Blackout.

3) The goggled head is cool with me. But I am not going to post the pics I took as they look as bad or worse than any taken so far. joebad's pics look the closest to in-hand that I have seen.

Edit 1) - Another shot...likely the last.

DSC02625a.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, guys. Yeah...this figure is awesome and I will be taking my time trying different looks with him and getting him just so. And subtle seems to be working with this guy so far.

Thanks for the break down, DC. Definite pro and cons to this figure, but it does have potential.

Look forward to more shots and the different styles people go with.

Honestly 1k, the head looks better in-hand. It does not photograph well at all.

Also...one of my biggest gripes about Snake Eyes 1 was the way his trigger hand held the Uzi. That aspect is a lot better on this figure.

I just realized that I have my new work camera with me. I guess I'll see how it does with pics in the morning.

Some good. Some mediocre. Some bad. Its all eye of the beholder stuff I guess. Typical SSC release.

In terms of the arms size/musculature how does the SS muscular pro measure up to the HT Arnold body? Again arms only.

Back