Sideshow selling QMx Serenity!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a must have for me, i better start clearing of that credit card and make some room for this.

is sideshow selling the whole edition run or just a small number like with bowen pieces?

Given the numbers that signed up for the waitlist, unless SS have some deal with QMx for a minimum number to sell, then in many ways I'll be surprised if SS actual get any to sell. I fully expect all 500 to go via QMx directly.

Right now I just wish they would release pricing details, etc, I got a few financial decisions to make in Sept/Oct and hence really need to know about Serenity soon.

Given the numbers that signed up for the waitlist, unless SS have some deal with QMx for a minimum number to sell, then in many ways I'll be surprised if SS actual get any to sell. I fully expect all 500 to go via QMx directly.

Right now I just wish they would release pricing details, etc, I got a few financial decisions to make in Sept/Oct and hence really need to know about Serenity soon.

i've been on their website QMx that is, and even though i'm sure it's to late to get on the WL, i couldn't seem to find anything that resembled an order or WL form.
the link on the first page supplied by dave is the only thing that i submitted and if i recall it was just a request for more info via email i believe.
unless that is their WL, in which case i got on long ago.

Their list is from that email listed on the Serenity product page, when they start taking orders they will start from there. I'm sure Sideshow will get some amount, I'm betting QMx makes more than 500 though.

Their list is from that email listed on the Serenity product page, when they start taking orders they will start from there.

Yes, that's my understanding. But does that just mean they will contact all those ppl once the order link goes up, ie 30 September, or do the first 500 on that list get first right of refusal to purchase one and they then go down the list from there.

Once list is down and if some are still left, then SS get some and or, anyone can order from the product page.

Too many questions about the whole process, cost, etc that I hope will be cleared up within the next couple of weeks.

Yes, that's my understanding. But does that just mean they will contact all those ppl once the order link goes up, ie 30 September, or do the first 500 on that list get first right of refusal to purchase one and they then go down the list from there.

Once list is down and if some are still left, then SS get some and or, anyone can order from the product page.

Too many questions about the whole process, cost, etc that I hope will be cleared up within the next couple of weeks.

From my understanding, on September 30th, when they start orders they will first go through all the people that emailed, seeing if they actually want to make an order (in the order that they received the emails, first come, first served). Then if there's any left over it will be available at the site. I'm not sure how many Sideshow will have, but it has to be some amount, they won't be denied orders since they've already announced that they will be offering them, plus I'm betting they have an agreement with QMx to get a certain amount or something.

Hopefully we'll get the pricing info very soon.

That was the general idea I got. Tho with that list well over 500, unless they up the edition size, I don't see it going up for order on the site.
In the case of sideshow, there's was more an email of interest, I don't think it was a doen deal that SS would in fact be selling them, just if there was ppl that would be interested in case they did.
That's the feeling I got anyway, guess time will tell and I hope I'm in the top 500 on the list.

From my understanding, on September 30th, when they start orders they will first go through all the people that emailed, seeing if they actually want to make an order (in the order that they received the emails, first come, first served). Then if there's any left over it will be available at the site. I'm not sure how many Sideshow will have, but it has to be some amount, they won't be denied orders since they've already announced that they will be offering them, plus I'm betting they have an agreement with QMx to get a certain amount or something.
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
Hopefully we'll get the pricing info very soon.

Let's hope we get that cleared up.

so i'm not sure wether i'm on the WL or not then:confused:
oh well i guess i'll wait and see what happens and if the piece is in the $2k mark then i won't loose and sleep over it.
since even though i'd love to get this piece $2k is just to much at this time for a series and movie that no one in the movie/tv making world seems to give a ^^^^ about.

FOX SUCKS

Just received my Concierge email from QMx with updated info. The size edition has been increased from 500 to 1000. There will be no "non-lighted" edition offered and all ships will have lights. QMx will be issuing a coupon that in effect, makes the lighting free. QMx states it takes up to 46 hours for each artist to craft a replica. No pricing info yet, but they will be offering a payment plan.

Clarifying that--the coupon for the SFX version with lights is only for people who got on the waiting list and order through QMx. There will be a period for Waitlist customers to order then at a certain time it will be open for anyone, but they may be sold out to waitlist customers first. If you order through Sideshow you don't get the SFX discount.

Also news--they will be offering a layaway payment plan for those short on cash.

Just received my Concierge email from QMx with updated info. The size edition has been increased from 500 to 1000. There will be no "non-lighted" edition offered and all ships will have lights. QMx will be issuing a coupon that in effect, makes the lighting free. QMx states it takes up to 46 hours for each artist to craft a replica. No pricing info yet, but they will be offering a payment plan.

Right now I'd need that payment plan to last about 10 years. Too much coming up. Life!

QMx states it takes up to 46 hours for each artist to craft a replica. No pricing info yet, but they will be offering a payment plan.

And some ppl thought this was going cost under $1000... yeah, right... reality, meet check.

Not too surprised to see the ES double, tho it does mean she will be a little less special, still, a better chance for all of us to purchase. I wonder if any will even be left after the pre-order for waitlist ppl.

Nice that the lighting package is now 'free', jst wouldn't be the same otherwise. Here's hoping to pricing details within a week or so and that it is under $2000.

Clarifying that--the coupon for the SFX version with lights is only for people who got on the waiting list and order through QMx. There will be a period for Waitlist customers to order then at a certain time it will be open for anyone, but they may be sold out to waitlist customers first. If you order through Sideshow you don't get the SFX discount.

Also news--they will be offering a layaway payment plan for those short on cash.

Thanks to darthviper107 for clarifying my hastily typed info. Here is the actual email information copy and pasted for fellow board members:

Welcome! If you've received this e-mail, it means you're registered on the waiting list for Serenity - The Big Damn Replica. Congratulations!

Response to our Serenity replica has been incredible. The number of folks who signed up for the waiting list has far exceeded our expectations and the edition size. As a result, we have some good news for you.

Bigger BDR Edition. We have increased the size of the edition to 1,000. The waiting list still significantly exceeds this number, but at least 1,000 puts Serenity within reach for a lot more fans.

Here's how it will work:

Very soon now, we will be announcing a preorder date and will send a special link only to customers on the waiting list. When that time and date arrive, get to the website and place your order as quickly as you can; orders will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Folks on the waiting list get first dibs, but only for a limited amount of time.

Once the preorder period is over - and assuming the edition is not sold out - we will then open up ordering to the general public.

SFX for Free. You made it clear in your e-mails you want the SFX edition, but only if we can make it more affordable. We heard you - which is why we will not be offering a standard (non-lit) edition of The Big Damn Replica. Instead, everyone on the waiting list will get a coupon code along with preorder instructions for a discount equivalent to the value of the lighting. You will, in effect, be getting the lighting system for free. This coupon will supersede any previous coupons for the QMx Serenity replica and will be available only for those Serenity replicas bought directly through the QMx website.

So What's the Gorram Price? We know the biggest question you have is, "How much?" The answer is, we're got just a couple more details to lock down and will announce pricing in the next e-mail. We're also just locking down the details on a payment plan. That's right: We're pleased to announce there will be a layaway option for those who are big on love, but a little short on ready cash.

Did You Know?
Each Serenity Replica requires more than 46 hours of
an artist's time to wire, paint and assemble?

Am I too late for this piece? Where do I sign up for the wait list? This piece is just awesome!

Back