Sideshow SDCC Thread June 25th - July 12th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's exactly it, well to be honest it's mostly here but that take the last dollar at Spook anyway :lol

:lol So true. That's why in most cases I'm trying to have the money aside for things almost as soon as I PO them! The two big pieces in XM Daredevil and Prime 1 Batman have thrown a wrench somewhat into those plans, but outside of those two, I'm pretty much set. Though those two are a HUGE amount! :lol I'll work my way up to them, while chipping off the smaller stuff -- if that even makes sense! :lol

I really need the Canadian dollar to rebound before the year is out! :pray:

37.jpg

Not sure if you found the answer yet or not Josh, but it looks like Sideshow is making Voltron.

Is there a thread for this yet? Can't find it

Anyone heard anything about these?? The original releases had clear bases.. wondering if these are just for show (at the show) or a re release?

Gentle Giant booth

san-diego-comic-con-2015-gentle-giant-064.jpg

I wonder if Gaming Heads has a booth. Surprised not to see the Kratos statue yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So far my statue list for next year is like this:

Definitely-s:

Modern Batman
Spider-Man red/blue
Wolverine
Sabretooth
Red Sonja
He-Man
Skeletor
Shard
Xiall
Cleopsis
Darth Vader PF

Probably-s:

Predator 2 Maquette
Terminator LSB

Maybes:

Dark Knight Batman PF
Dark Knight Joker PF
Friday the 13th PF

I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting

So far I see orders for:

MOTU He-Man
MOTU Skeletor
PF Jason Vorhees
PF Wolverine
PF Sabretooth
PF Arkham Asylum Joker
PF Batman

Wife is gonna be maaaaaaaaaad

I'm starting to want the MOTU He-Man and Skeletor more and more.

Other than those two... Red Sonja and Aquaman (both depending on price)

I am OK with passing on the rest

My current list of wants is...

Must Haves -

He-Man
Skeletor
Shard

Possibly -

Red Sonja
Vampirella

I'm actually quite lucky there.
Although there is loads I'd like I need to be realistic & with other collections (Masterpiece Transformers & DC's Bombshell Line) I need to budget accordingly so going VERY selective for my future purchases as money isn't as readily available as it used to be these days.

But in general there are some amazing pieces there this year

Neil

I've gotten out of previous SDCCs with minimal damage. Usually one piece I'm definitely ordering, on rare occasions 2. Well, Aquaman is my must piece this year. However, if the price is reasonable, there's no way I can pass on the new Red Sonja PF. So basically, I'm locked in for 2 POs for far. My maybe list includes the Sabretooth PF. I generally don't like or support variants but damn....Sabes looks incredible and I'm a BIG X-fan so he'd fit into my collection perfectly. The piece I'm most on the fence about is one I thought I'd PO right away. The brown Wolvie PF looks pretty good. Love the head sculpts, pose, and base (well, except for the metal disc). However, a few too many liberties were taken with the costume for my tastes. That said, I don't see me picking up Sabretooth and passing on Wolverine. They are basically a set as far as I'm concerned.

So, in the end, this SDCC may have me POing up to 4 PFs. That'd be way more than usual for me. If QC holds up I'd be rock solid and very happy with 3 of the PFs I mentioned above. Only Wolverine would worry me. I'm not sure if I could get over the texturing on his costume, skinny belt, long shorts, boot laces, and lack of arm hair. Funny enough, Wolverine is easily the character I like most out of the four I mentioned above, but my least favorite of those PFs. I definitely have some decisions to make soon enough.

I've gotten out of previous SDCCs with minimal damage. Usually one piece I'm definitely ordering, on rare occasions 2. Well, Aquaman is my must piece this year. However, if the price is reasonable, there's no way I can pass on the new Red Sonja PF. So basically, I'm locked in for 2 POs for far. My maybe list includes the Sabretooth PF. I generally don't like or support variants but damn....Sabes looks incredible and I'm a BIG X-fan so he'd fit into my collection perfectly. The piece I'm most on the fence about is one I thought I'd PO right away. The brown Wolvie PF looks pretty good. Love the head sculpts, pose, and base (well, except for the metal disc). However, a few too many liberties were taken with the costume for my tastes. That said, I don't see me picking up Sabretooth and passing on Wolverine. They are basically a set as far as I'm concerned.

So, in the end, this SDCC may have me POing up to 4 PFs. That'd be way more than usual for me. If QC holds up I'd be rock solid and very happy with 3 of the PFs I mentioned above. Only Wolverine would worry me. I'm not sure if I could get over the texturing on his costume, skinny belt, long shorts, boot laces, and lack of arm hair. Funny enough, Wolverine is easily the character I like most out of the four I mentioned above, but my least favorite of those PFs. I definitely have some decisions to make soon enough.

What? No Voltron? :lol
Updated list for me:
Must Haves
Brown Wolverine
Sabretooth
Aquaman
Darkseid
DK Batman
Skeletor
Maybes
He-man
Red Sonja - missed the first but she's not essential to my collection at all
DK Joker - On the Fence on this one
Voltron - This is price dependent

For SDCC pieces only, my list would probably be as follows:

Must Haves
Red Sonja

More than Maybe but Price Dependent
He-Man
Skeletor
Maria Hill Hot Toys

Maybe
Leia Hot Toys

I'm guessing as we sorted out before that He-Man will come in at under $400...I'm hoping it's $375 tops...that'd be a great intro price to the line. For that, they'd pretty much jump right up to the Must Have list. They're more than tempting...I just know if they appeared for more than $400 I'd be really disappointed.

On the Hot Toys front the reason I'm debating Leia is just that it's a fairly basic figure, but costs will be the same as any complex figure they do. That said, I'm getting ANH Luke, so they'd go well together. Han and Chewie are still up in the air, but future releases of the pair may work out better. Though I'd love to get Han in his original garb. Maria Hill will probably happen, since she'll be the only version of her. Hope she's priced reasonably though.

I'm hoping for $359.99 tops for the MOTU pieces.

Obi-Wan was $359.99, which is where I'm thinking there'll be some markup from there since that was a while ago. Star Wars is obviously a pricey license, so maybe that had more to do with it. I'd LOVE it if they were that price! I think having a good introductory price would be really smart. Mythos did that with Maul, who was $249.99.

I'm still expecting $379.99, but anything less would be more than welcome.

Back