Sideshow Rhino Comiquette - Link to Regular in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got one. Cost me $535 shipped. I'll post some pics of his back cracks. It may be one of the worst that I've seen on here.
I figure he will still look great in my case, where you can't see his back.
My WL still has not converted, if it does and it's the same or worse I'll just send it back or if its better I'll swap it and send it back.

Does anyone know if that cement repair is safe? Could it cause a chemical reaction like change the color of the area its in contact with or worse. I could see the two materials having different expansion rates which would cause the cement to crumble with temperature changes.

Used epoxy putty to fix mines. It's totally safe, the putty resists like 2k lbs of force and temperatures over 500 degrees so I'm pretty sure it's even stronger than the polystone you could use to fill it. Just use the slow curing ones that take a day to fully cure if you're worried about messing up some, that'll make it easy to wipe excess putty off if you need to with a tooth pick, but the material makes it easy to fill the cracks and sculpt it to how you want it to look with a toothpick then let it set for a day. Best of all you don't even need to repaint the cracked sections, it dries on the same color as the gray that's used to paint the statue.

Used epoxy putty to fix mines. It's totally safe, the putty resists like 2k lbs of force and temperatures over 500 degrees so I'm pretty sure it's even stronger than the polystone you could use to fill it. Just use the slow curing ones that take a day to fully cure if you're worried about messing up some, that'll make it easy to wipe excess putty off if you need to with a tooth pick, but the material makes it easy to fill the cracks and sculpt it to how you want it to look with a toothpick then let it set for a day. Best of all you don't even need to repaint the cracked sections, it dries on the same color as the gray that's used to paint the statue.

I was looking at your first post on this 3171, I think some where you said you bought the epoxy at Home Depot, what was the exact product again?

I bought JB-Weld epoxy paste, it comes in two tubes,
https://www.homedepot.com/p/t/10013...10051&N=25ecodZ5yc1v&R=100139717#.UV4MOFca6uY

It's quite messy to mix together because they're liquid so I ended up having to scrape it off my hands with a toothpick a little bit at a time so that was a pain in the butt.

I'd recommend getting the solids in a tube instead as that would a lot easier to mix together and then fill working the putty into each crevice with your finger, then clean up with a toothpick as needed.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/t/10012...10051&N=25ecodZ5yc1v&R=100124697#.UV4MqVca6uY

Thanks again with the help on this bad boy.
The cabinet was from my days of collecting Disney s WDCC statues.
Thought it was a perfect fit not just because of the size of this monster but since Disney now owns both franchises .
The cabinet is deep enough where I can have him almost look straight on.
Will move the Star Wars PF to another cabinet and just this Spidey related.
:wink1:

This just really put into perspective that Mickey Mouse, Spider-Man, Luke Skywalker...it's all the same thing now!

Well, not really the same thing, but they're all Disney characters.

Mine just arrived today thanks to a fellow freak and I gotta say I was floored.
No cracks or problems with mine.
Only problem was getting him to fit in my cabinet.
Here are some quick photos of my small collection which I started this year.
photo6ca.jpg

photozjk.jpg

:yess:

Damn best display I've seen. The lights and space is amazing!!! Must have costs an arm and a leg for this. Looks great! Love the massive clear glass all around. :clap

Just took a look at yesterdays news letter, & yet there is no mention of Rhino being sold out/or wait list?! Getting stranger by the minute.

Just got the dreaded email - they looked through replacements and don't have a satisfactory one. I'm sending it back for a refund.

how would you destroy the Rhinos Ex head??Its like cement any ideas!!

You don't have to completely shatter it, just put enough cracks and chips in it to prove there is no way you could put it back together or sell it.

I got my replacement Hawkeye head, and just took a hammer to it a few times to bust up the paint. No way could you shatter them, they're solid.

Really sorry to hear about all the problems you are all having with this piece. Shouldn't happen when you pay $400. I hope you are all compensated fairly although I see that's not looking like the case.

photozjk.jpg

Great looking display:clap Congrats on Rhino!!!
Thanks.
Really happy he was able to fit in there.
Honestly I was not too crazy of the tight fit he looked in a besta alone.

Damn best display I've seen. The lights and space is amazing!!! Must have costs an arm and a leg for this. Looks great! Love the massive clear glass all around. :clap

Ty.
Believe it or not I got this from a local collectible store that was discontinuing selling Disney statues for $300.00.
Hardest part of all that glass was it took 4 of us to move this thing.
Man was it heavy.
:slap

Back