Sideshow Rhino Comiquette - Link to Regular in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rhino Comiquette under developement?

Cloth or no cloth. Don't really care as long as it's 1/4 & has a good paint app. :lecture

Cloth has limits Bro. Venom, Iron Man, Carnage, Rhino, Silver Surfer, etc.....
None of these pieces can incorporate cloth. A fully sculpted piece is only limited by bad paint apps. Cheezy looking cloth costumes are a HUGE deal breaker for me. I keep wondering how much better the Wolverine, Sabretooth, and Colossus PFs would have looked fully sculpted. I must say though, there are a few PFs I think look very good with cloth. Mystique looks awesome as a PF. I believe Skaar and Joker will also look fantastic with cloth. There truly are cases where it not only works, but works well.

That being said, I cringe at the thought of seeing the Batman PF when it's released. I was REALLY hoping he would have a sculpted costume and a fabric cape if SSC insisted on a cloth element to the piece. Oh well, we all have our preferences.

Its now a fixed price of $25 only for everything you orde from Sideshow to Canada. But the customs will get you another $100.

$100 :horror good thing i leave in California. :slap forgot State tax BUT still $100 that is a lot of $$$

Cloth has limits Bro. Venom, Iron Man, Carnage, Rhino, Silver Surfer, etc.....
None of these pieces can incorporate cloth. A fully sculpted piece is only limited by bad paint apps. Cheezy looking cloth costumes are a HUGE deal breaker for me. I keep wondering how much better the Wolverine, Sabretooth, and Colossus PFs would have looked fully sculpted. I must say though, there are a few PFs I think look very good with cloth. Mystique looks awesome as a PF. I believe Skaar and Joker will also look fantastic with cloth. There truly are cases where it not only works, but works well.

That being said, I cringe at the thought of seeing the Batman PF when it's released. I was REALLY hoping he would have a sculpted costume and a fabric cape if SSC insisted on a cloth element to the piece. Oh well, we all have our preferences.

I would have preferred the Batman PF to be like the Black Panther PF...fully sculpted with a leathery cape(worked great on the BP PF)...but I'll hold my opinion till it is revealed...As to your examples,I would add the Red Skull PF as a fully clothed statue that works really well.

I would have preferred the Batman PF to be like the Black Panther PF...fully sculpted with a leathery cape(worked great on the BP PF)...but I'll hold my opinion till it is revealed...As to your examples,I would add the Red Skull PF as a fully clothed statue that works really well.

Yes. Agreed on all points. Although I didn't care for the Red Skull PF head sculpt, the use of fabric on that PF was perfect.

I also will wait to see how the Batman PF will turn out before comming to any conclusions. Like you, I would have preferred they used the Black Panther PF as a model for the Batman PF. I guess we'll just wait and see.

It would be great to have a Rhino figure at this size but I'm afraid this sculpt is going to have the disproportionate "shrunken head" look. What a shame 'cause the pose and rhino hide looks great in the sneak pic.

BB

Its now a fixed price of $25 only for everything you orde from Sideshow to Canada. But the customs will get you another $100.

Really? I've been lucky then to pay HST only. Only destroyer ex went to 110 but that was fedex fraking up the Harmonized Tariff.

Skaar was set at 500 and it seems marvel jim lee set seems to be going at 750. Could see this being 500 too, If they pull a joker here for 1250 ex i'm gonna be pissed.

This will be my first pre order from ss. I was just curious if there is a pay deposit option or if you just place the full order and they only take the 10% NRD out now and bill you later.... thanks for the help

This will be my first pre order from ss. I was just curious if there is a pay deposit option or if you just place the full order and they only take the 10% NRD out now and bill you later.... thanks for the help

10% deposit upfront. Rest billed right before they ship you the statue.

I assume you already register & signed up with SSC? They will take the $40 NRD & remaining balance + shipping is due when it is instock.

Skaar was set at 500 and it seems marvel jim lee set seems to be going at 750. Could see this being 500 too, If they pull a joker here for 1250 ex i'm gonna be pissed.

There is zero chance that the EX will have an ES that even approaches 1250. I would bet 500 for the EX ES on Rhino.

I assume you already register & signed up with SSC? They will take the $40 NRD & remaining balance + shipping is due when it is instock.

Thank you! Yea I'm registered this will just be my first pre order. I really want this big boy. What time do they open the pre orders up? Sorry for all the questions I just don't wanna risk missing out

Thank you! Yea I'm registered this will just be my first pre order. I really want this big boy. What time do they open the pre orders up? Sorry for all the questions I just don't wanna risk missing out

Preorder is usually up around 1:30pm to 2pm PST. If the item is very popular, it will take less then 14 hours. The only one that sold out in 1 day or less was Skaar (I was actually shocked he sold out in less then 10 hours) & Vampirella Com with the NRD.

There is zero chance that the EX will have an ES that even approaches 1250. I would bet 500 for the EX ES on Rhino.

I will not be surprise if Rhino is set at 300-400. I do not see the EX being 500 regardless how awesome the sculpt is.

Back