Sideshow Rhino Comiquette - Link to Regular in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everybody!!!

These pics were taken with the Nikon D800 and the 85 1.4G lens. Most of the older pics in my thread were taken with a Nikon D3 and the Nikkor 105 macro.

Thanks, I now have new wall paper for my phone.

Last edited:
BEST RHINO!:rock

8701575532_fc7cc5e48f_z.jpg

8700410417_c5dd0092b0_z.jpg

8700410247_21344c18af_z.jpg

8700408661_6161b38d31_z.jpg

8700410079_d89aa83043.jpg

Last edited:
I've actually been told to avoid getting statues like this and the Hulk because of how cheap they felt. Are they hollow plastic or something? Do people just want heft/weight?

I have been interested in the hobby for what will be a year this coming May. I have 3 statues. Skaar EX, Rhino EX, and Grey Hulk comm. I prefer bad guys and big statues. Never been a "good guys" fan. I have, I think, 8 preordered. IMO the Rhino EX is very impressive. While I would have liked for it to have been heavier its still impressive in person. I think the heft of a statue makes it seem worth more while one being light feels cheap...and these statues are not cheap.

I've actually been told to avoid getting statues like this and the Hulk because of how cheap they felt. Are they hollow plastic or something? Do people just want heft/weight?

Some people here are hell bent on having full/weighty statues.
While it's nice to have a statue with weight how often do you lift up your statue? And do you really feel better having 80lbs on a glass shelf instead of 40??

Bottom line is if you like the statue, get it. :lecture

While it's nice to have a statue with weight how often do you lift up your statue? And do you really feel better having 80lbs on a glass shelf instead of 40??

No, but I feel much better having a 40 lbs statue on my shelf instead of less than 20 lbs one. Especially if it's a large character like Rhino or Hulk. It's not about just the weight but more about the materials that are skimped on. SSC is skimping on materials and charging its customers more for their merch. On top of that, they insult our intelligence and say the hollow statues are being made to save us on shipping charges. Really?

I'm all for if you like it, then buy it. However, I am not sold on hollow statues being of the same quality as solid ones. The multiple issues with cracks on this Rhino Com didn't help matters in my opinion. Nor did SSC's $20 credit to keep a damaged piece.

Again, I point to the Skaar PF as a great balance of materials and cost. Skaar was not solid but certainly was crafted with quality and weighed in at about 40 lbs. No issues and a beautiful statue that was well made and isn't solid. I am beginning to fear that Skaar will be the last well made statue that we see from SSC. I do have hope for the Batman PF. That piece is listed at 30 lbs on their website. It has a good chance of being a well made PF. Unless SSC pulls a Hulk maquette stunt and changes the weight on it after the fact. I'm not saying all statues have to be solid but some middle ground should be expected. Why do we have to go from completely solid statues to completely hollow ones and pay more for them?

No, but I feel much better having a 40 lbs statue on my shelf instead of less than 20 lbs one. Especially if it's a large character like Rhino or Hulk. It's not about just the weight but more about the materials that are skimped on. SSC is skimping on materials and charging its customers more for their merch. On top of that, they insult our intelligence and say the hollow statues are being made to save us on shipping charges. Really?

I'm all for if you like it, then buy it. However, I am not sold on hollow statues being of the same quality as solid ones. The multiple issues with cracks on this Rhino Com didn't help matters in my opinion. Nor did SSC's $20 credit to keep a damaged piece.

Again, I point to the Skaar PF as a great balance of materials and cost. Skaar was not solid but certainly was crafted with quality and weighed in at about 40 lbs. No issues and a beautiful statue that was well made and isn't solid. I am beginning to fear that Skaar will be the last well made statue that we see from SSC. I do have hope for the Batman PF. That piece is listed at 30 lbs on their website. It has a good chance of being a well made PF. Unless SSC pulls a Hulk maquette stunt and changes the weight on it after the fact. I'm not saying all statues have to be solid but some middle ground should be expected. Why do we have to go from completely solid statues to completely hollow ones and pay more for them?

Simply, logically, & truthfully stated sir, well done.:clap:goodpost::exactly:

If SS wants to change their production methods, there is little we can do to stop them, short of stop ordering from them. But for god's sake they should curb there BS methods (of late), & come clean. If there is substantial savings for them, which is a given, they should at least throw us collectors a bone, or at the very least stop raising their pricing at break neck speed & stop being so blatantly greedy.

On the other hand, they are still the kick arse company, & they know it. So the only strategy left for me personally is to be way more selective in my purchases. A sad times fellow freaks.

P.S. Still waiting on my Rhino, & hoping SS dbl checked for QC issues before shipping out to my supplier. Cause if there is a problem, I'll be screwed for any chance at replacement parts. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY SIDESHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gah::cuckoo::slap

I must admit I'm not bothered by weight. My latest statue is the Hawkeye PF which is pretty heavy. Doesn't make me like it anymore though

Back