Sideshow Resurrection #1: The Wolfman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Wolfman was always one of the great "lost opportunities" among Sideshow's early 1:6 efforts. They went to some lengths to make the Buck body springier than usual, and it could hold a crouch, but its proportions made it look like a puppet on a string.

When Hot Toys released the TrueType, I began thinking what if? Recently I finally broke down and started my plan to resurrect the Wolfman. Once I'd altered the chest and attached the Sideshow head and hands, I sent it to Les Walker.

Here it is, the original Sideshow item #4402, sculpted in wax by Oluf W. Hartvigson, all done up, bright and shiny:

WolfmanBillboard.jpg

Coolness! I've been wanting to fix up my Wolfie too. 1/1 life's been way too busy. :(

The HT body looks to be a better fit than the Buck body was. The Buck is just way too thin and that always bothered me with Sideshow's Wolfman and Dracula figures.

Great paint job too! Right down to the disappearance of the doll dots!

So who's next? I personally am trying to finish up my Frankenstein's Monster first, one of my all time favorites.

Fantastic! Wolfie is my favorite of the classic monsters.

If HT were to get the license, he'd be my first purchase.

Gruff, that us awesome figure my friend... I love classic horror and own all them sideshows... Good idea on the HT body.
Les did a great job on the painting also.

That looks spectacular! I have an extra Prometheus body, I wonder if it'll work on that.

Looks awesome! Sideshow really did some stellar work on their UniMonsters... this is upgrade is a great example of that :rock

Back