Premium Format Sideshow Psylocke PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Psylocke PF.. Order now, link to buy in 1st post. Support the board!.

Lucky for you the Cyclops EX sold out..it was arguably the most atrocious sculpt ever put out by Sideshow:horror:horror

3000541_press03.jpg
3000541_press05-001.jpg

:lol

Yeah i missed the exclusive as well, and went ahead and ordered the regular without a single worry, the print is nice but there is no way i would ever display that exclusive head.

I like the print, but I would display the head, even though I fully recognize it as ugly! I like the concept of it more than the execution. How it changes the peice to a frantic looking Scott Summers quickly yanking the glasses off, opposed to the regular calmer look pressing the visor. Good idea, just came out bad. I'll still settle for a reg just fine like I did Gambit & Wolverine.

But the ladies, Rogue & Pyslocke, the EX is a must for the 90s heads. Prints are decent, too.

Im excited for this one my only concern with this line so far is the differences in bases some are enviroment which i prefer and some are the simple x base i hope colossus is a enviroment base! Does anyone know when she ships?

Im excited for this one my only concern with this line so far is the differences in bases some are enviroment which i prefer and some are the simple x base i hope colossus is a enviroment base! Does anyone know when she ships?

:pray: :pray:

wouldn't be surprised if it was 2nd-3rd quarter next year

After Rogue, i could use a good sexy quality Psylocke in my collection, hope she comes even sooner.

Well only two have environments, probably because SSC didn't realize they were going to follow through with a very specific roster until after those two.

I remember SSC saying they had no plans for an Archangel/Angel PF but the Comi peaked their interest. A year later, they're saying they're going to do every major X-Man from Lee's run so a some point the plans changed.

I like environment bases but keeping the X from now on unifies the team even more. If you threw in a Danger Room base, a street base, or some other random location, you might as well not have them in costumes from the same era...although I'd prefer some of them in other costumes anyway, namely Jean and Storm.

Well only two have environments, probably because SSC didn't realize they were going to follow through with a very specific roster until after those two.

I remember SSC saying they had no plans for an Archangel/Angel PF but the Comi peaked their interest. A year later, they're saying they're going to do every major X-Man from Lee's run so a some point the plans changed.

I like environment bases but keeping the X from now on unifies the team even more. If you threw in a Danger Room base, a street base, or some other random location, you might as well not have them in costumes from the same era...although I'd prefer some of them in other costumes anyway, namely Jean and Storm.

I actually wouldn't mind different bases as they would help to allow for costumes other than the ones seen during the "Jim Lee Era". Of course, just because they all have the same base (environmental, x base, or otherwise) doesn't mean they figures will all be based on a Jim Lee design.

I actually wouldn't mind different bases as they would help to allow for costumes other than the ones seen during the "Jim Lee Era". Of course, just because they all have the same base (environmental, x base, or otherwise) doesn't mean they figures will all be based on a Jim Lee design.

But they already confirmed it. In "Ask Sideshow" they said they're doing PFs of the major X-Men from the Jim Lee Era. So it's a safe bet if the character was around for Blue & Gold, it'll be the costume he designed, tweaked or just drew.

But I wouldn't be surprised if something different happens though.

But they already confirmed it. In "Ask Sideshow" they said they're doing PFs of the major X-Men from the Jim Lee Era. So it's a safe bet if the character was around for Blue & Gold, it'll be the costume he designed, tweaked or just drew.

But I wouldn't be surprised if something different happens though.

Oh well... I still wouldn't mind different bases. But we'll see what happens...

:offtopic:Can I have your thoughts on the Kotobukiya Psylocke Danger Room statue:)

Its nice just like most of the Kotobukiya stuff, but I rather save the cash and space for SS's 1/4 scale Resin PF. However, I do wish SS would incorporate a base like the Koto Danger room base across their X-men PF line.

I think she looks great, fully sculpted + light up ftmw! One thing good about the upcoming psylocke pf tho is they won't censor her butt since she already has cloth on it : P

:offtopic:Can I have your thoughts on the Kotobukiya Psylocke Danger Room statue:)

kotobukiya-psylocke-danger-room-statue-promo-1.jpg

I don't like Koto's Psylocke. The pose and base look really cool, but the sculpt and the paint apps...

Good luck finding a koto psylocke that looks like that. Koto's paint apps are terrible

QFT, I haven't liked any of the in-hand pics of that piece.

I just found this and thought it would be ineteresting to share

*trev-solo 4 days ago
It is cool to do stylized work! I'd love to try my hand at animated maquettes. Some of my favorite sculptors are the guys who do amazing cartoon statues and what not. Love that kind of work.

I've done some other Marvel headsculpts too. The Illyana Magik statue that was previewed in the Colossus photos, as well as the new headsculpts for Psylocke (which aren't up on Sideshow's website yet). I'd love to do one from the ground up...maybe I can convince my Art Directors to give me a chance.

Trev

https://trev-solo.deviantart.com/art/XMEN-Colossus-266297153

:rock

Back