Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

Really? ...Crap.

I have an amazing GOTG print I'm not going to be able to frame anytime soon, so I've kept it in the tube for now. I think I'm going to take it out and try to put it somewhere safe. I don't want to keep it rolled up and risk damaging the print; I'm not going to be able to replace it if something happens to it.

I'd definitely pick up something to put it in, and not just take it out and hide it elsewhere. Even with how quickly they shipped Daredevil, it was already completely rolled up once you took it out of the tube. You have to put down weights to view it if you don't want to put it into a frame right away. So odds are that's the same for your Guardians print right now. I'd say that what Zod says here makes the most sense if you have that, plus some of these prints coming!

I highly suggest getting portfolio books for prints. I have several in different sizes for the ones I know I'm not going to get framed soon (or at all). They make it easy to look through so you can still enjoy the unframed prints--plus, they take up a hell of lot less space than tubes.

I'm sure a portfolio can be found for a decent price, and they'll allow viewing until you finally do get around to framing! Zod has a gallery of his own in his portfolio! :lol And you can also swap things in and out! Say you frame the Guardians piece, now that's an open slot for something else! It'd also help flatten them out over time, I'd think. But if you don't want to go that route, I'd at least get a sleeve that will protect and flatten out the print, as those are the most important things while waiting to be framed!

I'd definitely pick up something to put it in, and not just take it out and hide it elsewhere. Even with how quickly they shipped Daredevil, it was already completely rolled up once you took it out of the tube. You have to put down weights to view it if you don't want to put it into a frame right away. So odds are that's the same for your Guardians print right now. I'd say that what Zod says here makes the most sense if you have that, plus some of these prints coming!

I'm sure a portfolio can be found for a decent price, and they'll allow viewing until you finally do get around to framing! Zod has a gallery of his own in his portfolio! :lol And you can also swap things in and out! Say you frame the Guardians piece, now that's an open slot for something else! It'd also help flatten them out over time, I'd think. But if you don't want to go that route, I'd at least get a sleeve that will protect and flatten out the print, as those are the most important things while waiting to be framed!

I have a portfolio for the Sideshow prints, but the GOTG print doesn't fit in it. It's massive. I'll have to try to find something else for it.

I have a portfolio for the Sideshow prints, but the GOTG print doesn't fit in it. It's massive. I'll have to try to find something else for it.

Hm, if there's a framing store, or a place that sells a lot of frames (I went to Michael's, but I'm sure there are more options) then they may sell sleeves for them if you ask! I wonder if even a generic placeholder frame would do the trick until you get the one you really want?

Is it the 36 x 24 one from Mondo? You could sandwich it between 2 acid free foam core boards, the acid free paper that came with it as protective lining and some framer photo corners. I framed my Ansin MOS print myself after a couple of months sitting in the shipping tube. I remember it being such a hassle to flatten it.

I'm probably going to wait for the next 60% coupon from Michael's so I can have the WW print framed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine should be here soon.

Regarding storage, I store my art prints in an archival storage box from this site:

Archival Storage Boxes, Acid-Free Document & Photo Boxes | Gaylord Archival

I think this is the one I have:

Gaylord® E-flute Drop-Front Archival Gallery Box | Photo, Print & Art | Archival Storage Boxes | Preservation | Gaylord Archival

They also sell acid-free tissue which I place in between each print:

Archival Copy Paper, Bond Paper, Backer Board, Corrugated Board | Gaylord Archival

Delay on framed Cleopsis shipping, apparently sideshow now don't know when this will ship.

Part of the email

Dear Sideshow Collector,

Thank you for your order of the Cleopsis: Unmasked Art Print (Framed). We are writing to inform you of an update on the shipment of your order.

As of this time we will not be getting the Cleopsis: Unmasked Art Print (Framed).in, the original delivery date we were given was incorrect; and due to the delay we will not be able to complete your order on June 12, 2015 as originally planned.

As of this time we are not sure when the Cleopsis: Unmasked Art Print (Framed) will arrive; but you will be notified via email as soon as we have more information. We apologize for this inconvenience and hope to be able to ship your order as soon as possible.

Opened up the Daredevil print today (and did not ****ing touch it). It came out really nice.

Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

bdb13b88f9a1fe7e22cb81ec939e24d3.jpg

Opened up mine too as I dropped it off at the framers, got 281/300. It's a beautiful piece

Last edited:

Can't wait to see the next 3 prints! I'm hoping---Ms Marvel, Iron Man, COTD!

Back