Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

Ok so this is the info on the framed option. Is it still a good deal for an extra $120?

They will not be dry mounted.
Frames are Recycled Polystyrene Moulding.
None UV acrylic.

A custom frame from a shop would cost more than $120

Much cheaper to frame yourself. A lot of options if you look for deals at Michaels.

I don't know about it being cheaper. I have framed quite a bit at Michael's recently using some combo of their 50+30 or 60+10 sales that they always run. The cheapest I was quoted was 90 dollars for a single mat, cheapest black wood frame for a 10 x 12 inch animation cel.

Kind of sucks when the frame costs more than the art going in it.

I don't know about it being cheaper. I have framed quite a bit at Michael's recently using some combo of their 50+30 or 60+10 sales that they always run. The cheapest I was quoted was 90 dollars for a single mat, cheapest black wood frame for a 10 x 12 inch animation cel.

That's for an animation cell. Try a 24x36 print

120 is a good deal. I recently had my wedding picture of similar size custom framed at Michaels and the original cost was like $500. I had to cut a lot of corners to get it down around $280. But that's custom. Like others said, I have bought several frames from Michaels with a mat for like 20-30 total. Depends on how serious you want to get with it. For prints I just keep them in an art portfolio. I do have some framed animation cells on the wall as well as original comic art by the likes of Turner, AH, Finch, Land. Framing cost should tie to the importance of what your framing and where it will be displayed.

My opinion 120 is a good deal if you really think this is gonna be on the wall in a prominent place. I also don't think you should order every print framed unless you have gallery like display place.

Love the unique frame that comes with the Kier. Good offering, imo. It's damn expensive to get that done in a shop, and especially with a unique looking frame like that (which suits the print perfectly).

Hope they have framed options when Catwoman and Harley go up.

Last edited:

Who ordered this framed? How much was shipping for a frame?

No shipping quote with the invoice yet. At least I didn't get one.

Man I sure hope we get some DC non sex kittens some day.

Back