Sideshow Poison Ivy repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Svee

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hiya all. So I've decided to take the plunge and repaint my Sideshow Poison Ivy. Mainly for the lack of depth in the paint job. I know they cant produce these statues on mass to the same standard as the prototypes but as an airbrush artist myself, the lack of shading has bugged the hell out of me since I got her lol.

So far I've just stripped the paint off two of the three flowers to use as a test. I've used isopropanol alcohol to remove the original paint and all seems to be fine and dandy so far. No melted plants here :clap
20150711_122208.jpg

So now I'm left with a dilemma... should I keep her legs green or do them flesh colour? Thanks to the wonders of photoshop we can get an idea...
Ivy_Mock_up.jpg

I'm tempted to go with flesh colour with maybe some fishnets on? Heres a photoshoot I did with a couple of friends (yep, I'm a photographer too) and I think Ivy looks awesome. What do you guys think? Green or flesh?
11705781_10153118343973386_6517702830106680379_o.jpg

Well I can safely say I'm starting to regret the decision to remove all the paint before squirting more onto her. 2 days straight and I'm still not finished lol. On the plus side though look at all that lovely detail on her costume leaves that would have been lost if I just painted straight over her existing paint job :yess:
Cleaning_01.jpg

I've been following this thread closely cause its looking awesome so far :)

Good GOD! And what your thoughts on decal eyes?

Thanks guys :)
RavenEye, I don't know really. Other than painting Games Workshop miniatures when I was a kid this is the first time I've painted something that isn't a flat surface. I have always struggled with getting eyes to look straight and I know it will be an issue for me with Ivy. I'd rather paint her eyes than use a decal though :)

I'm still thinking about painting green fishnets onto her legs but its something I'll need to do freehand and of course get the flow of them right. REALLY not looking forward to that bit lol. Time to give my old pinstriping skills a dust off hehe

Back