Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow In Progress

here what l think. l think sideshow got cocky and said "everyone will by this PF no matter what because jack is such an iconic character" they thought mabey they didnt have to make it perfect, we will buy it anyway. so they just got lazy in the paint department. why make it perfect when you can go half ass and we will buy it anyway. just a thought, because we all know how amazing paint jobs they can do when they really want to.

In my experience Sideshow's paint apps are hit or miss on a regular basis regardless of the character's popularity.

I was just wondering. Where his beard come down and starts the braids, does it feel or look like they've been glued on? Mine has sharp edges and I'm wondering if they glued those on or mine was broke and they glued them. It's not noticeable unless you really get close to it and feel it so it's no problem really but I'm just curious.

Superman: My eyes aren't real white either, which is fine, and if you look real close, you can see the brush marks. No one's gonna get as close to it as I did though. I was just looking for things that people were mentioning.

Mine has an issue with the eyes. In all of the pics I have seen, the eyes paint job is white. Mine is not painted correctly. Take a look.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hey Superman!!

Just to let you know that the white of the eyes are not white. they are a grayish white and yours look fine to me. Being a professional modeler, I painted many eyes before and if you are expecting white-white, then you might be mistaken.....

Also you have to take in consideration that flash and light conditions will make for different photos, making colors look darker or lighter, so I would not take the other photos as a reference. T me, yours look fine....

Cheers

Bear

Hey Superman!!

Just to let you know that the white of the eyes are not white. they are a grayish white and yours look fine to me. Being a professional modeler, I painted many eyes before and if you are expecting white-white, then you might be mistaken.....

Also you have to take in consideration that flash and light conditions will make for different photos, making colors look darker or lighter, so I would not take the other photos as a reference. T me, yours look fine....

Cheers

Bear

The mixture for the whites of the eyes are so transparent, you can see the flesh tone of the base color they painted first thru the glossy layer. No other picture so far even comes remotly close to mine. I do understand the differences in flash and camera however in this case it is not that at all. All of the other photo's I have seen so far have clearly whiter area's around the eyes.. I already filed the request so it is only a matter of time they honor it. I will have to open it up again if they ask me to take other pictures in daylight, with/without flash, etc.

My Jack Sparrow arrived today! :yess:

It is definately one of the best PF statues I own, and does a great job of representing the POTC films.

Here's a pic I took outside. It seems to me that a low angle reveals the best Depp likeness.

IMG_0518.jpg

Btw, do you have to buy batteries for the lantern? Mine doesn't light up. What do you have to take off to get to the battery compartment? Sorry if this has already been addressed.:peace

Btw, do you have to buy batteries for the lantern? Mine doesn't light up. What do you have to take off to get to the battery compartment? Sorry if this has already been addressed.:peace

The top of the lantern is removable and lets you access the batteries and there's a piece of plastic you have to remove. Even after I removed the plastic I had to play with the positioning of the batteries a bit to get them to make contact.

I think that this is one of the best statues done that I have no interest in. I like the movies and all but not enough to have a jack in my room. But as I said this is a mighty fine looking PF. The clothing looks perfect.

Finally got Jack today after a shipping screw up. He was definitely worth the wait. Pictures do not do this great statue justice.

P1080071.jpg

P1080085.jpg

P1080080.jpg

That is a pretty neat idea with the map. Is that the compass hand?

It's been a few weeks since my Jack Sparrow exclusive was deliverred but I finally set up where I was going to display it. Everything looked great as I unpacked it, but as soon as I unwrapped the torso, the entire right arm fell off.
IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

Sideshow is sending a replacement for mine after I sent them the pictures of the eyes on the face. They are clearly not the color they are supposed to be. I find it strange mine seems to be the only one with that particular paint problem.

Sideshow is sending a replacement for mine after I sent them the pictures of the eyes on the face. They are clearly not the color they are supposed to be. I find it strange mine seems to be the only one with that particular paint problem.

The eyes on mine has some light charcoal to them, but it doesn't really ruin the piece for me. It seems like it was intentional. They're not WHITE, but that's fine.

I got a piece like yours Superman, in that I have significant brown bleed into the whites of the eyes. I just sent in an email for a replacement, hope to hear from CS soon. Either way, when you look at pics like the one above from dtssyst, that brown sholdn't be there.

I hope they replace my Capt. Jack.
I would take a little shadow to the eyes versus an arm that falls off any day.

Don't worry, they will. Or at least, I can't imagine why they wouldn't.

That is a pretty neat idea with the map. Is that the compass hand?

Thanks. Yeah, it is the compass hand. I had been thinking for a long time that the map could roll up and be placed there. I won't be displaying him that way, but it's one more option.

I got a piece like yours Superman, in that I have significant brown bleed into the whites of the eyes. I just sent in an email for a replacement, hope to hear from CS soon. Either way, when you look at pics like the one above from dtssyst, that brown sholdn't be there.

Yeah, significant bleed from the brown iris into the sclera is a good way to describe mine. It should be cream colored white and no darker to look natural. At no time in the movie's did Johnny Depp's eyes have darkish brown sclera as mine did when it arrived. I am getting sent a replacement so I will take a picture of both side by side so everyone can see the difference. It should be arriving this week.

Back