Statue Sideshow New Wonder Woman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just curious, as I know you've said in multiple threads that because of finances you wait until it's out in the aftermarket, but do you ever preorder a piece, or are most of yours previously owned pieces that you've bought at lower prices once the excitement has worn off on pieces?

I'll answer for him lol as we all know him. He buys mostly on the aftermarket. If you look at the "sold" listings on ebay, tons of Sideshow stuff sells for well under retail these days upon release. It's only the super old pieces from Sideshow that have somewhat held their value. Much $marter to never buy retail or pre-order anymore. Plus you can wait to see how the quality turned out this way too

I'll answer for him lol as we all know him. He buys mostly on the aftermarket. If you look at the "sold" listings on ebay, tons of Sideshow stuff sells for well under retail these days upon release. It's only the super old pieces from Sideshow that have somewhat held their value. Much $marter to never buy retail or pre-order anymore. Plus you can wait to see how the quality turned out this way too

All true. Especially for those of you in North America.

If I can live without the Ex, it's usually still cheaper when I had originally preordered a piece locally, than it is to get something imported even when those prices have dropped in the US etc months, if not years later.

I myself have never been able to hold off on getting something I really want the day that it comes out. As I just lack that sort of self control, even if I have to cut other expenses to do so. Heck I've been known to pay a premium just so I can get something earlier, rather than wait for it to come out locally at more reasonable prices.

To add to this topic, buying from SS usually affords the buyer an opportunity to get a replacements or exchanges if something is wrong with the statue. Buying from an aftermarket seller, you don't usually have this option. I sent back two life size endos to SS due to defects and they paid all the shipping.

yes thanks! that sums it all up! I do po a few on day one, but recently almost none anymore unless the es is really low to begin with and it's in huge demand. I feel better going forward buying a ton of statues at what they are worth and not paying the full inflated prices companies ask for on new preorders. Also this way when I have to sell for space, life reasons, etc I can pretty much get back most of what I paid instead of losing 150.00-500.00 per statue which includes all companies/ shipping cost in my so called losses. It's heart breaking taking mass losses. But it is what it is. I still love this hobby and will continue to buy a lot more. As far as investing and flipping these things. Those times are long gone now with the companies taking out all of the possible profits. Theres super rare exceptions but flipping statues is just not good due to the many scams, shipping, breakage risk, and just dishonest buyers looking to take advantage your kindness.

To add to this topic, buying from SS usually affords the buyer an opportunity to get a replacements or exchanges if something is wrong with the statue. Buying from an aftermarket seller, you don't usually have this option. I sent back two life size endos to SS due to defects and they paid all the shipping.

If you buy it on eBay and it comes damage you don't have to pay shipping to return it. it will take time to buy another etc. but to some its worth the money saved. I work stocking milk at a grocery store minimum wage so it helps me a lot to save money on these new insane prices. If anyone here is a multimillionaire then off course its totally different from my situation.

I am more into Star Wars, and only collect polystone. However, this one has me tempted though as I love WW. I own the Yamato and Frank Cho 1/6 Wonder Woman statues and they are two of my favorite (and few) non SW pieces I own. I also have $40 in SS rewards to boot.

I know the EX holds more value but to be honest I would display this with the traditional stars bottom and not the skirt. For $10 more getting the EX makes sense but if it sold out I wouldn't be heartbroken.

Like many of you have said, I prefer in hand video reviews before making a purchase and I'm sure at some point this will be a free shipping one for SS. Nothing else new SS have out / are releasing even remotely appeals to me right now so I can wait for this.

Yeah I will almost certainly pick this up but there is no rush. Like you, I'm not bothered about the skirt so I can focus on other statues in the meantime

Man, this piece is $560 and the first WW PF was $445. I just can't hang with how fast these prices are going up. I really like this piece and if the production pieces that ship look good, I'll be very tempted. Just out of curiosity, why is the new Supergirl PF less expensive at $525? And yet Emma PF is $575 :cuckoo:

Man, this piece is $560 and the first WW PF was $445. I just can't hang with how fast these prices are going up. I really like this piece and if the production pieces that ship look good, I'll be very tempted. Just out of curiosity, why is the new Supergirl PF less expensive at $525? And yet Emma PF is $575 :cuckoo:

Because Wonder Woman

To be fair tho the first WW statue looked like a $300 statue

I'm thinking that the Supergirl was probably a 1/5 scale piece that jumped scales to 1/4.

It looks nothing like the premium formats being released and it was designed like one of the 1/5 Artist series pieces.

I know deep down I'll end up with both! :monkey3
Did the same. Ordered both. For me both are really good. Totally two different styles of Wonder Woman. At the end I will have three WW. These two beauties and the 1/3 Gal Gadot :)

Maybe I skip the XM piece, have to to see how she turns out at 1/6.

I'm reading my post and I missed something - the WW 1/3 Training Outfit beauty - have her on PO, too.

Now that's enough WW.

Did the same. Ordered both. For me both are really good. Totally two different styles of Wonder Woman. At the end I will have three WW. These two beauties and the 1/3 Gal Gadot :)

Maybe I skip the XM piece, have to to see how she turns out at 1/6.

I'm reading my post and I missed something - the WW 1/3 Training Outfit beauty - have her on PO, too.

Now that's enough WW.

No such thing.

Back