Statue Sideshow New Wonder Woman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WW is even more popular than ever now... so at least same es as previous WW

So, I just finished watching the sideshow live preview of the EX PF and I have a few thoughts on her. First off, I have zero need of the EX skirt. I'm all about the classics and I think she looks far better without the skirt anyway. The base is OK. From what I understand, the base shows her descending into Hades. It's a cool concept but I'm not a big fan of the flames or their light up features. Light up features are tricky because they will usually give out sooner or later. I don't mind them on a statue that calls out for it, but I don't think WW is one of those characters. I much prefer the base on the OG WW PF. The Greek styled ruins really fit the character well.

Now on to the figure. This sculpt is phenomenal. She looks absolutely stunning. The main difference between the 1st PF and this one is her body type. While the current PF looks beautiful, she also has much softer and sensual curves. I see her more as a fitness model or playmate dressed as WW. So I'm clear, there's not a damn thing wrong with that. WW has always been a beautiful and healthy looking woman. However, the first PF screams Amazon Warrior to me. She looks like a super fit, hard bodied, and lean warrior IMO. The stance, the weapons, and that "go ahead and try it" smirk on the 1st PF just strike me every time I see it. She doesn't just look sexy, she looks intimidating as well. That said, the level of detail in the new PF is amazing. So many little ornate items added to her costume but I find that it really doesn't compromise he classic look. Honestly, I'm at a standstill when it comes to comparing the 1st PFs figure with this new one. I mean, how the hell do you go wrong picking either of them for your collection? The answer is simple...you can't. It just boils down to preference.

I'm torn as to whether I should buy this new WW PF and just sell the old one (no room for 2) or just keep the old one and pass on the new PF. As of now, I don't need the EX. So, I think I'll just wait to see in hand pics before I make my final decision. I'm leaning towards keeping the OG PF but that Lynda Carter likeness on the portrait of the new PF is giving me constant second doubts. Lynda was my 1st big celeb crush as a kid and Will did an amazing job on her portrait. I'm going to wait this out and make my final decision when I see in hand pics. Whatever my final choice will be, this WW PF is something sideshow should be very proud of. It's a magnificent sculpt.

Last edited:
Have they ever announced the ES the day it goes up for pre-order? I'm wondering about that other person's theory that if they don't announce it, it's probably not a low one.

It's been done before. Off the top of my head, the EX Skaar PF went up for PO with a set ES. Recently, the EX Thanos MAQ also went up for PO with a set ES. It happens but it's not a regular occurrence. I'm not sure that any DC PFs went up for PO with a set ES though. Maybe someone in the know can chime in on that subject.

Another thing I noticed on the live program was Will saying this WW's costume was originally much different looking but DC gave sideshow a lot of push back to make it more classic looking. I hope and pray DC starts to push back even harder on future PFs. Still, I can't help but wonder....what the hell happened with Deathstroke? If any PF needed a hard push back on costume design, it was the Deathstroker PF.

So, I just finished watching the sideshow live preview of the EX PF and I have a few thought son her. First off, I have zero need of the EX skirt. I'm all about the classics and I think she looks far better without the skirt anyway. The base base is OK. From what I understand, the base shows her descending into Hades. It's a cool concept but I'm not a big fan of the flames or their light up features. Light up features are tricky because they will usually give out sooner or later. I don't mind them on a statue that calls out for it, but I don't think WW is one of those characters. I much prefer the base on the OG WW PF. The Greek styled ruins really fit the character well.

Now on to the figure. This sculpt is phenomenal. She looks absolutely stunning. The main difference between the 1st PF and this one is her body type. While the current PF looks beautiful, she also has much softer and sensual curves. I see her more as a fitness model or playmate dressed as WW. So I'm clear, there's not a damn thing wrong with that. WW has always been a beautiful and healthy looking woman. However, the first PF screams Amazon Warrior to me. She looks like a super fit, hard bodied, and lean warrior IMO. The stance, the weapons, and that "go ahead and try it" smirk on the 1st PF just strike me every time I see it. She doesn't just look sexy, she looks intimidating as well. That said, the level of detail in the new PF is amazing. So many little ornate items added to her costume but I find that it really doesn't compromise he classic look. Honestly, I'm at a standstill when it comes to comparing the 1st PFs figure with this new one. I mean, how the hell do you go wrong picking either of them for your collection? The answer is simple...you can't. It just boils down to preference.

I'm torn as to whether I should buy this new WW PF and just sell the old one (no room for 2) or just keep the old one and pass on the new PF. As of now, I don't need the EX. So, I think I'll just wait to see in hand pics before I make my final decision. I'm leaning towards keeping the OG PF but that Lynda Carter likeness on the portrait of the new PF is giving me constant second doubts. Lynda was my 1st big celeb crush as a kid and Will did an amazing job on her portrait. I'm going to wait this out and make my final decision when I see in hand pics. Whatever my final choice will be, this WW PF is something sideshow should be very proud of. It's a magnificent sculpt.

Dude I'm right there with ya. But there is just no way I can sell my first one...I love it too much. I might sell Supes though and start a WW corner in my collection. If I order this one, it will be my 3rd WW including the first PF, and the justice league 1/3 that i just POed. They would make a nice corner in my collection.

Another thing I noticed on the live program was Will saying this WW's costume was originally much different looking but DC gave sideshow a lot of push back to make it more classic looking. I hope and pray DC starts to push back even harder on future PFs. Still, I can't help but wonder....what the hell happened with Deathstroke? If any PF needed a hard push back on costume design, it was the Deathstroker PF.

Yea, that was an absolute disappointment. Truly wish DC had pushed back on that design and forced SSC to stay closer to the classic costume. Who knows what happened there.

Dude I'm right there with ya. But there is just no way I can sell my first one...I love it too much. I might sell Supes though and start a WW corner in my collection. If I order this one, it will be my 3rd WW including the first PF, and the justice league 1/3 that i just POed. They would make a nice corner in my collection.

Oh, hell yeah. That's a lot of WW goodness right there if you go forward with that plan. My problem is that she isn't one of the characters I allow for more than one statue of. That's territory reserved for Bats and Wolverine. Push comes to shove, I gotta make a choice.

Yea, that was an absolute disappointment. Truly wish DC had pushed back on that design and forced SSC to stay closer to the classic costume. Who knows what happened there.

I can't even imagine how Deathstroker made it through the approval process.

It's been done before. Off the top of my head, the EX Skaar PF went up for PO with a set ES. Recently, the EX Thanos MAQ also went up for PO with a set ES. It happens but it's not a regular occurrence. I'm not sure that any DC PFs went up for PO with a set ES though. Maybe someone in the know can chime in on that subject.

The recent Iron Man maquette.

Green Jean Gray Phoenix.

Much different -
he said "full on gladiator".

Maybe she had a helmet on, like the one from Iron Studios. There was no talk about that the initial idea was New 52 or Rebirth, so it has to be classic - no. The only thing DC said was, please no full gladiator style.

Much different -
he said "full on gladiator".

Maybe she had a helmet on, like the one from Iron Studios. There was no talk about that the initial idea was New 52 or Rebirth, so it has to be classic - no. The only thing DC said was, please no full gladiator style.

Either way, it's a more comic accurate costume. In this case, a more classic looking costume. DC needs to keep pushing back on ridiculous costume designs like Deathstroke. That Deathstroker PF should have never been allowed to happen.

The first WW PF EX was in the 3000s right?
In addition to the others mentioned here, the Lady Deadpool PF had a decently low ES set (and a ridiculously high price tag attached to it) when it went up for pre-order; I still ordered it because the sculpt blew me away. Considering that the sculptor, WH, also did that one, this one is a decent price but that also means that the ES will likely be quite high to compensate (as it should be).

I want this one but have already preordered five 1/3 scale pieces in the past 3 weeks so I simply cannot do so right now. This year looks like it is going to be a killer with all the great reveals. :(

I don't have a WW and I prefer this one to the older version, so I'll order it today.

I'm so back and forth on the new Superman/Batman though....I have the classic versions and it's like I know the newer 3 will all "match" properly, but at the same time I don't have issues with the 2 I already have. And I don't want them to be additions....I'd sell the classic Superman/Batman statues.

Back