Statue Sideshow New Batman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Natural light isn't great right now but this is pretty true to what it looks like in hand.

View attachment 431444

View attachment 431445

View attachment 431446

View attachment 431449

View attachment 431447

View attachment 431448

Cape will take some work to get how you want it, there's about 6-7 wires to pose but it makes it a little hard under the portrait.

This may not be everyone's Batman but if you liked it enough to order it I think you'll like it.

Great pics. I was an initial hater of the suit but the more I see of it the more I like it. Execution seems incredible at the very least. May pick it up if it's ever discounted down the line. The ex has got to be one of the most ridiculous and nonsensical SS has ever done though.

the chaps and pose killed it for me. But the details in the sculpt, paint apps and head are excellent. It's a big step up for SS in the quality and details from the previous pajama batman.

PITGATE!!!!

Great pics. I was an initial hater of the suit but the more I see of it the more I like it. Execution seems incredible at the very least. May pick it up if it's ever discounted down the line. The ex has got to be one of the most ridiculous and nonsensical SS has ever done though.

To me this is on par with the new Cap. and Wolverine, DD in terms of costume "updates" and you'll either like it or you don't.... it's clear he's covered in body armor and the overall details look good in hand. Portrait it one of the best I've seen on Batman so far. Ex is not really necessary..

Last edited:
Mine arrived today... Checked it over and I think it looks good. No paint application issues or damage.
The cape is a challenge but it looks good enough for the ten minutes I spent working it. The toughest part is where the head goes in. The wires in the cape go right up and inside the key slot where the portrait inserts on mine.
I uploaded some pictures if anyone wants to see. The last picture shows the statue will indeed fit with Superman inside a Besta!
[emoji16]
af42797af2857581d3030484e690225d.jpg
cc1f6b4e6a7940b2c1a16e374be175ef.jpg
ff1bdb2b240d542e97d1770813a31ac9.jpg
933bacac996ddaa224d77d5777bdecbc.jpg
dfa6c94eec80dcce9da0da90a2db2773.jpg
38cb7132f4e3df95dda77847998fdabf.jpg
9471cd891d5af8e50141819096c0835d.jpg

the chaps and pose killed it for me. But the details in the sculpt, paint apps and head are excellent. It's a big step up for SS in the quality and details from the previous pajama batman.

Portrait is excellent on the new Bats PF and there are tons of little details to it. That said, I'm a big fan of the OG PF. Besides the pits, I think everything else looks good on it. However, I'm a big fan of the classics so that's why the OG PF appeals to me so much.

I hate how sideshow always makes Batman look like he’s over 50 years old. Plus they make his eyes so small and far apart it doesn’t look human to me. Why do they go Alex Ross old looking?

Portrait is excellent on the new Bats PF and there are tons of little details to it. That said, I'm a big fan of the OG PF. Besides the pits, I think everything else looks good on it. However, I'm a big fan of the classics so that's why the OG PF appeals to me so much.

I hate to say it but I got my modern age premium format out the other day and whilst it is still impressive, I noticed a lot wrong with it that makes me want another bats to replace it. Things like the big undies, long neck and weird looking leg from most angles. It's certainly a piece from a certain age and we won't see fabric costumes like that again on statues, I think I prefer fully sculpted but with fabric capes so thinking of letting him go... not sure what I'd replace him with though, the only large scale batman statue I really liked was the 1/2 batfleck lol

I hate how sideshow always makes Batman look like he’s over 50 years old. Plus they make his eyes so small and far apart it doesn’t look human to me. Why do they go Alex Ross old looking?

I've noticed this too. They make Batman look old ...and huge. Like they are stuck on the TDKR version of Batman. And yea ...I don't know why they do that.

That's why I'm still waiting for a 1/4 scale classic Batman. One that looks like he could switch to his business suit and be Bruce Wayne in his prime.

I hate to say it but I got my modern age premium format out the other day and whilst it is still impressive, I noticed a lot wrong with it that makes me want another bats to replace it. Things like the big undies, long neck and weird looking leg from most angles. It's certainly a piece from a certain age and we won't see fabric costumes like that again on statues, I think I prefer fully sculpted but with fabric capes so thinking of letting him go... not sure what I'd replace him with though, the only large scale batman statue I really liked was the 1/2 batfleck lol

I passed on the variant for a few reasons. I grew up reading Batman when he was wearing the blue and grey costume but I much prefer him in his black and grey duds. For me personally, he comes off much more like a creature of the night in his black and grey costume. Plus, the blue and grey costume invokes Adams, Aparo, and Breyfogle's art in my mind. None of them drew Bats as big as he is in the variant PF. IMO, that costume just doesn't look right on such a huge figure. We'd need a much slimmer and athletic looking Batman to truly pull off the blue and grey Bats in statue form. I think we have yet to see a true representation of the blue and grey Bats in 1/4 scale.

I passed on the variant for a few reasons. I grew up reading Batman when he was wearing the blue and grey costume but I much prefer him in his black and grey duds. For me personally, he comes off much more like a creature of the night in his black and grey costume. Plus, the blue and grey costume invokes Adams, Aparo, and Breyfogle's art in my mind. None of them drew Bats as big as he is in the variant PF. IMO, that costume just doesn't look right on such a huge figure. We'd need a much slimmer and athletic looking Batman to truly pull off the blue and grey Bats in statue form. I think we have yet to see a true representation of the blue and grey Bats in 1/4 scale.

Very true but with the head which comes with the modern age, it's the closest I've got for now. You're right that he's bulkier than in the comics with the blue and grey costume

Loving this the more I look at it. The right hand batarang and standard left hand seems to be the best display option. Just gotta decide if paying the EX is worth paying tax + shipping.

I've noticed this too. They make Batman look old ...and huge. Like they are stuck on the TDKR version of Batman. And yea ...I don't know why they do that.

That's why I'm still waiting for a 1/4 scale classic Batman. One that looks like he could switch to his business suit and be Bruce Wayne in his prime.

Yeah it’s really annoying. All their Batman figures look old. In all their scales.

Very true but with the head which comes with the modern age, it's the closest I've got for now. You're right that he's bulkier than in the comics with the blue and grey costume

Yeah, I gotta admit that the modern PF did come with a solid looking Adams portrait.

Not a fan of the statue but those are some nice pics you're posting Pork Chop! You too slickry.

Thanks, just trying to show what SS manged to deliver.

Loving this the more I look at it. The right hand batarang and standard left hand seems to be the best display option. Just gotta decide if paying the EX is worth paying tax + shipping.

Ex. not really all that important in my opinion.

I have the original Batman, and I think he is the best.
If I did not have the first one I would probably get this new one, but i'll pass

Imo this is one Exclusive that you can definitely live without.

If you want it, just buy it locally or from Popcultcha. At current exchange rates I would have to pay on average an additional 50% (this includes the usual early preorder and member discounts) over what I could get it from Popcultcha's in order to get an Ex direct from Sideshow.

Has anyone else started to receive their statue? The more I am seeing video reviews, the happier I am! Just wondering for the ones that have it already, what are your thoughts?

Back