Statue Sideshow New Batman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look I'm not really one to get into all the never ending back and forths about opinions on statues, ES size, etc, all that stuff. To me they're just statues of comic book characters (really expensive ones at that) and if you like them/can afford them then buy them and if not, don't. It's nothing important.

But something I don't really get about Sideshow's decisions on statues is (to me at least) if you're going to be in this market that CLEARLY is catering to people who are more than casual fans of comic book characters, you should always, 100% of the time have the big name, high profile characters in some kind of rotation of statues that you know will sell well.

I mean I just don't really get why there isn't ALWAYS some comparable, close-to classic versions of Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman/Captain America/Iron Man/Thor available to buy. You can't tell me that doing something like that wouldn't be more profitable/worthwhile to them than what they're doing now with a lot of the production decisions that they make. Those are obviously the "gateway" characters into a hobby like this for so, so many people and it's just weird to me that they don't feel compelled to always have a version of these characters available that would be a safe, standard looking version that would appeal to the most people.

Back