Statue Sideshow New Batman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, it's a real shame for those wanting to collect almost exclusively in 1/4 scale.

Prime 1 are pretty good at sticking to the source material though? I know they are mostly 1/3 scale.

Yeah, Prime does a good job of sticking to the source material but unfortunately, their classic pieces have to be in 1/3 scale. That's why you are seeing 1/4 DC statues by Prime in their New 52 costumes. Sideshow has the 1/4 classic costumes on lock down in North America. The rub for classic fans is that they refuse use it, and they won't let any other company use it. To that I can only say....WTF!?!?

Haha my thoughts exactly. Hopefully Prime 1 do more DC stuff in this scale from now on.

It is a great looking statue but I just have little love for anything New 52. At these prices it has to be something I love. Miller, Adams or Finch Batman ideally.

P1 released a Miller Bats. However, it's in 1/3 scale. They are also working on a Finch Bats but...it'll most likely be in 1/3 scale. For whatever reason, sideshow hasn't let P1 (or any other company) touch classic DC characters in 1/4 scale. To add insult to injury, we won't be seeing classic costumes from sideshow with any frequency, if at all, in the foreseeable future.

I don't want jump in 1/3 line. But p1 Miller is really tempting.

Yeah, Prime does a good job of sticking to the source material but unfortunately, their classic pieces have to be in 1/3 scale. That's why you are seeing 1/4 DC statues by Prime in their New 52 costumes. Sideshow has the 1/4 classic costumes on lock down in North America. The rub for classic fans is that they refuse use it, and they won't let any other company use it. To that I can only say....WTF!?!?

I think Sideshow has sole rights to 1/4 DC statues, period. That means any comic version and not only the classics. That's why Prime 1's New 52 version has to be a collab with Sideshow, and XM's version had to be a made-up line (Samurai).^

I think Sideshow has sole rights to 1/4 DC statues, period. That means any comic version and not only the classics. That's why Prime 1's New 52 version has to be a collab with Sideshow, and XM's version had to be a made-up line (Samurai).^

You are right. All 1/4 Marvel and DC statues are the sole domain of sideshow in North America. Any company wanting to release 1/4 Marvel or DC statues in NA must do so with sideshow's approval. That said, it looks like classic costumes on 1/4 Marvel or DC statues are off the table for other companies. Sideshow hasn't allowed any company to release a classic 1/4 DC statue to date. I'm not sure about Marvel since P1 and Sideshow released a Venom statue.

Sideshow should just let it go! They haven’t done anything in years. Probably never will. As they are now producing there own incarnations. Let other companies produce the classic bats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's infuriating they hog the 1/4 license if they are unwilling to do make the statues most collectors want to see. Prime 1 do amazing statues but I can only buy the odd one in such a huge scale.

It's infuriating they hog the 1/4 license if they are unwilling to do make the statues most collectors want to see. Prime 1 do amazing statues but I can only buy the odd one in such a huge scale.

It's like having the license as their hostage :lol "If you don't buy these modified suits, the rest of the classics will never see the light of day!"

guys at the end of the day it's a business. they pay for the license and if someone else wants to pay more then they'd have the rights. they're not "hogging it", they've built a business that generates sufficient revenues to allow them to be the highest bidder for the license.

"Hogging" the license and their right or ability to acquire the license are two different things based on the context of the thread currently. Maybe hogging isnt the right term, but to not utilize the license to the fans requests and create their own version of the copyrighted character, 2x in a row now, is a foul move.

"Hogging" the license and their right or ability to acquire the license are two different things based on the context of the thread currently. Maybe hogging isnt the right term, but to not utilize the license to the fans requests and create their own version of the copyrighted character, 2x in a row now, is a foul move.

I get what your saying and at the end of the day the fans suffer. I actually get more frustrated with game developers especially Nintendo until recently lol. That’s another story. But Sideshow have the licence and they can create what true die hard fans want created. Yet they do their own take. It kinda makes me feel as if they got all this new idea stuff going on since that creation of Thanks and that video of them talking about coming up with something unique. Though that worked really well with Thanos it seems that style has trickled on everything lol. At least do a classic Batman also.

regardless of scale, last count for current Batman offerings on sidehsows website was almost 40 different pieces. The first pf was more classic but was still a ss interpretation to some degree, and of course the modern rehash. So it's not as if there is nothing out there and everything gets critiqued, regardless of company or scale.

foul move and suffering fans.. questioning a company's business model and licensing agreements if I dont agree with an offering for a high dollar luxury item seems like a moot point.

that's a fair criticism. only way to change things is with your wallet. if SS's revenues suffer then they risk losing the license to a new entrant. but if they keep selling these pieces then you and I are at the whim of their designers LOL!!

Thing is no company can truly 100% cater to your specific needs. Frustrating but it is what it is

Thing is no company can truly 100% cater to your specific needs. Frustrating but it is what it is

But surely they would cater to the needs of far more people if they did comic accurate versions? HT wouldn't release a Batman figure based on their own interpretation, it will be as close to movie accurate as they can get it be that Keaton, Bale, Affleck etc. Why should comic versions be different? Just stick to the source material Sideshow! It isn't that difficult.

Back