Statue Sideshow New Batman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just god awful design decisions made on this one. No going back to the drawing board never. Oh dear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The giant batarang looks to be just a giant blade.

There are questionable ethics going on with this piece. Grave stomping, a Batman that slashes people with a giant blade, and never mind being so massive, greatly increasing the chances of one good punch killing someone by mistake.

It's amazing the influence that Rocksteady has had on Batman. I can't believe the Prime 1 pieces sell so well, but they do and SSC has noticed. Having great influence on this piece, not only in the make up of the suit but in the pure size of the man.

I can't blame SSC, 100k consistently read Batman comics while millions have played those video games.

I third that I really love the head sculpt at least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, the head is just a refurbished one from the original PF's. How lazy could be SS?
Only WW of this line for me so far.

---
Deathmarks don't come with the rain.

I think Deathstroke got less criticism than this Bat. Poor bat hahaha

trinity.jpg

A quick crap photoshop job.

I know it's received a lot of disdain but I still think this looks killer.

All looking at who? Brainiac / Ares / Scarecrow Please!!!

It would’ve been better than batarang part 2

I don't know. He's standing on top of a grave in a cemetery. What's he need a grappling gun for? On top of a gargoyle or building it would make sense. In a grave yard with no buildings around, not so much IMO. It looks like he's basically grounded and ready to mix it up with someone. I think a grappling gun would've made a lot more sense with the OG PF personally.

Well, the head is just a refurbished one from the original PF's. How lazy could be SS?
Only WW of this line for me so far.

---
Deathmarks don't come with the rain.

No, it's not. Andy B did the straight ahead looking portrait and Canale did the looking to the side portrait on the OG PF. This new portrait doesn't look like either of them.

I don't know. He's standing on top of a grave in a cemetery. What's he need a grappling gun for? On top of a gargoyle or building it would make sense. In a grave yard with no buildings around, not so much IMO. It looks like he's basically grounded and ready to mix it up with someone. I think a grappling gun would've made a lot more sense with the OG PF personally.

It does...I bought one of Spazzy’s custom grappling guns :lol

There are plenty of buildings around.

Amedeus Arkham is buried on the grounds of Arkham Asylum. As written by Grant Morrison, who wrote the storyline that "Mad Dog 41" is referring to.

I think Deathstroke got less criticism than this Bat. Poor bat hahaha

I disagree. There's no redeeming the Deathstroker PF. It was a massive failure. Hideous costume, skinny build, terrible pose, and missing his trademark broad sword. Hell, he only has one eye and sideshow didn't even get his eye color right (it's blue, sideshow gave him a brown eye). Stroker was an EPIC screw up in my book. Fixing this Bats PF is fairly simple. If they would just take the pads off his legs and make them grey along with giving him his normal black trunks, this would basically be a almost straight Arkham styled statue. The upper body looks great and I think the portrait is excellent. A few minor changes could easily make this PF look much better. Nothing could have saved Deathstroker except going back to the drawing board and completely scrapping that PF.

Last edited:
There are plenty of buildings around.

Amedeus Arkham is buried on the grounds of Arkham Asylum. As written by Grant Morrison, who wrote the storyline that "Mad Dog 41" is referring to.

Still don't think it works. I'm well aware of Bats and Arkham's history. Cemeteries are vast and usually not built near buildings (even on Asylum grounds). Don't need a grappling gun in the middle of a grave yard. Like I said, it makes more sense to me that he has a grappling gun on the 1st PF, not this one.

Still don't think it works. I'm well aware of Bats and Arkham's history. Cemeteries are vast and usually not built near buildings (even on Asylum grounds). Don't need a grappling gun in the middle of a grave yard. Like I said, it makes more sense to me that he has a grappling gun on the 1st PF, not this one.

I think we're getting the already teased meat cleaver of a Batarang, so a grapple gun would be better in my mind, but will probably display neither. Bats has so much going on already it doesn't need something else to distract the eye.

I think we're getting the already teased meat cleaver of a Batarang, so a grapple gun would be better in my mind, but will probably display neither. Bats has so much going on already it doesn't need something else to distract the eye.

I already know I'm passing on this PF because sideshow won't make the changes most of us would like to his legs. The extra large batarang doesn't bother me personally. Not with characters like Croc or Bane possibly being on the Asylum grounds. However, our differences on this topic just boils down to our opinions. Sideshow isn't making any changes so anyone picking this up will have to live with the massive batarang and his black padded legs to go along with his sequin pants.

I already know I'm passing on this PF because sideshow won't make the changes most of us would like to his legs. The extra large batarang doesn't bother me personally. Not with characters like Croc or Bane possibly being on the Asylum grounds. However, our differences on this topic just boils down to our opinions. Sideshow isn't making any changes so anyone picking this up will have to live with the massive batarang and his black padded legs to go along with his sequin pants.

I don't blame ya one bit, changing the look of Batman's iconic suit is a hard pill for many people to swallow. The "sequin" look and padding, is SSC trying to add "incredible" detailing to a very simple design. Very similar to their new Cap. I'm surprised they kept Supes suit as simple as they did.

The black padding is a head scratcher. Hope you like the full reveal more.

At least they got Wonder Woman right, she looks terrific.

Not loving Superman's head sculpt and they really need to update the suit now the trunks are back in the comics.

This Batman is a huge missed opportunity. FFS Sideshow just listen to your customers and stick to the source material.

Would have been easily remedied by not making the base gravestones. Heck, even if the EX is a Batarang, why not mix up the pose a little bit? Have him drawing it from his utility belt or with his arm posed about to throw it. Every statue I’ve seen with a batarang is just him holding it at his side.

I feel the lower half would look a lot better if SS kept things simple and used the conventional widely-accepted view of pants. This photochop was rushed but you get the idea. Throw in some details like seam lines - but no need to reinvent the wheel with thigh pads or over-indulgent texturing. I mean, even in the outrageous costumes of 90s Image, I don't think I ever saw a thigh pad or chap design like Sideshow's.

BFkMzFo.jpg

Back