Statue Sideshow New Batman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$600 isn't $800...

Overall I like it and still need a Batman in my collection. I'll mull it over....

I also “need” a 1/4 batman. I....just....cant....decide.... on this lol. The lower body really irks me. Im fine with all the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also “need” a 1/4 batman. I....just....cant....decide.... on this lol. The lower body really irks me. Im fine with all the rest.

Want... lol. Years of collecting and I have yet to get Bats. Comic/game accuracy is not high on the list for me, I have a bunch of books and he has a different look in almost all of them. It looks like Batman, big dark and gritty. Do I wait for more RP is the question.

$600 isn't $800...

Overall I like it and still need a Batman in my collection. I'll mull it over....

I mean...to be fair we'll def get another Batman PF. SS can't help themselves with Bats. We've had over 6 Batman PF's at this point. Might as well wait until you find one you really like.

How do we go from WW $560 to Bats $600 a month later?

Outside of price do you like it more?

I was shocked by the price, I thought for sure, he would be the most affordable as, in theory, they can move So many more than WW or Supes. Batman is literally just shy of 50% of DC sales every month.

Outside of price do you like it more?

I was shocked by the price, I thought for sure, he would be the most affordable as, in theory, they can move So many more than WW or Supes. Batman is literally just shy of 50% of DC sales every month.

Unfortunately, No. I actually like it less.

I kid you not, EVERY PF is a price hike. This PF brings nothing to the table to support it, especially another recycled pose.

Unfortunately, No. I actually like it less.

I kid you not, EVERY PF is a price hike. This PF brings nothing to the table to support it, especially another recycled pose.

I agree the price creep is alive and well, not your worry though as you have no interest.

I still don't care for the exclusive at all but feel odd passing up two optional hands for $15, so I'll bite.

I mean...to be fair we'll def get another Batman PF. SS can't help themselves with Bats. We've had over 6 Batman PF's at this point. Might as well wait until you find one you really like.

I like it enough to order it's more a question of space. With all the Batman offerings lately this one works for me, even at $600. If I use all RP this'll be about it for me with PFs. Cap, Thor, Hulk, Thing maybe.... not anytime soon but the more I move further away interest will wane.

Damn it! I might just have to get Superman and Wonder Woman without this Batman. Just wish SSC would just fix the lower half.

The new batman PF is such a disappointment. Boring base, unoriginal pose, and weird lower body design...I can tolerate the pose and base, but the design of the lower body makes me hate the statue. I feel like they didn't put a lot of effort in this piece because they know batman statue will sell no matter what. Such a pity because the upper part looks really good.

I am only going to get WW PF and maybe Superman PF. I am not gonna spend $600 in such a mediocre piece.

I'm not overly convinced it will sell no matter what.

Yes it's Batman, but there are so many Batman statues now it's easier for people to be more selective. It's not like these things are $20....I don't care how much money you make $600 is a lot of money to spend multiple times on the same character/comic book statues.

I wouldn't say Sideshow has gotten to the point of market saturation considering what their price range is, but they're not far off. There aren't millions of people lining up to buy these things so the more they continue to make of individual characters, the more selective their customer base is going to become.

The new batman PF is such a disappointment. Boring base, unoriginal pose, and weird lower body design...I can tolerate the pose and base, but the design of the lower body makes me hate the statue. I feel like they didn't put a lot of effort in this piece because they know batman statue will sell no matter what. Such a pity because the upper part looks really good.

I am only going to get WW PF and maybe Superman PF. I am not gonna spend $600 in such a mediocre piece.

Although I dislike the PF, I disagree here. I believe there is talent in the sculpt or design although it ultimately made its way to a 3D Printer.
Is the talent wasted on this character... Yes. The old man face and his stature/size would look great on a DKR PF, the articulation of the suit would look great on a Arkham specific PF. The base is just fine imo and also possesses talent.

I also don't think this will be flying off the shelves. People are going to see what a majority of us see and empathize. Not to mention its not worth $585-600.

Sideshow has already began to build a surplus of Exclusives they cant sell at and below this price point, this is no different.

Although I dislike the PF, I disagree here. I believe there is talent in the sculpt or design although it ultimately made its way to a 3D Printer.
Is the talent wasted on this character... Yes. The old man face and his stature/size would look great on a DKR PF, the articulation of the suit would look great on a Arkham specific PF. The base is just fine imo and also possesses talent.

I also don't think this will be flying off the shelves. People are going to see what a majority of us see and empathize. Not to mention its not worth $585-600.

Sideshow has already began to build a surplus of Exclusives they cant sell at and below this price point, this is no different.

I guess I am just really bitter about how the PF turned out. I think it's also because for me, this was the most anticipated piece. The first trinity PF, Wonderwoman, is stunning and had increased my expectation for this line. Superman PF wasn't my cup of tea but I still think it looks amazing. I can't believe this PF costs more than WW PF and superman PF.

I’d wait for a better one, personally

I agree. black guy pointing to head.jpg

Back