Statue Sideshow New Batman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
300542_Batman_PF_09.jpg
300542_Batman_PF_24.jpg

I like it... More so than Cap. and probably more than DD.
Armor looks to be on the arms as well as the legs, so there is some symmetry going on. .
Arms / leg, boots / gloves all look in line with one another.

That photo-shopped washed out bottom half would look weird if there was nothing done to the top.

Face looks fine, he's human after all and will age especially when you take those nightly beatings.
WW and Supes are either immortals or aliens, so it works for me.

I guess I am just really bitter about how the PF turned out. I think it's also because for me, this was the most anticipated piece. The first trinity PF, Wonderwoman, is stunning and had increased my expectation for this line. Superman PF wasn't my cup of tea but I still think it looks amazing. I can't believe this PF costs more than WW PF and superman PF.

And the only reason it costs more is because Batman is more popular. Not because it's more complicated or more dynamic.

I like it. I see what people mean about the legs with the large black patches but it doesn't bother me as much as others on here. I would get this if I could afford it. I was disappointed with the Hush statue which I thought would be my first larger Batman statue. So this could have been it but for my context I feel like I need to pay off WW before committing to another larger statue unless it was something I didn't feel I could get later. I've been able to get rid of a lot of debt. I don't want to get back in again. So maybe someday I'll have this or maybe something else will come out by then, but I do like this.

EDIT: I forgot, I finish payments on the Gotham Nightmare Batman next month...so he's my first larger scale Batman I guess!

To me, the figure looks okay over-all. But with these rising prices + our over-a-decade-low exchange rate vs the US$ I have become very selective so I'd stick with versions that I consider more iconic over made-up suits.

Love the headsculpt though and Igo wasn't kidding when he said that the tailoring department killed it with a great cape. I wish the Batfleck and Arkham Asylum PFs' capes could be posed as dynamic as this one's.

Will be waiting for Sideshow's Miller Batman and Gaslight Batman PFs. Not sure if I'd still be able to afford them IF ever Sideshow decides to make them.

To me, the figure looks okay over-all. But with these rising prices + our over-a-decade-low exchange rate vs the US$ I have become very selective so I'd stick with versions that I consider more iconic over made-up suits.

Love the headsculpt though and Igo wasn't kidding when he said that the tailoring department killed it with a great cape. I wish the Batfleck and Arkham Asylum PFs' capes could be posed as dynamic as this one's.

Will be waiting for Sideshow's Miller Batman and Gaslight Batman PFs. Not sure if I'd still be able to afford them IF ever Sideshow decides to make them.

A Gaslight statue would be great!

Anyone else bothered by the whole shoulders covered by the cape? I'm not sure if it's designed to be draped that way or you could fold them.

The cape is not bad at all. The head sculpt and even the torso look good. It’s just that pose and those legs look ugly. The base is crap to be honest. At least the superman base looks more interesting.

Easy pass for me. There will always be a next Batman piece around the corner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 401280

A quick crap photoshop job.

I know it's received a lot of disdain but I still think this looks killer.

All looking at who? Brainiac / Ares / Scarecrow Please!!!

Looks nice because they are looking at the same direction.

Brainiac is defeated by Supes himself, he holds his head. But ok one can display it without. So it could be Brainiac would be nice. Or another Darkseid, would be nice. This time please let him be good and not tiny like the other one from Sideshow. Ares would be nice, to.. but no scarecrow. For a Trinity Display that's ridiculous. But maybe an awesome Doomsday.

But for me - still only WW. Maybe Superman.

Anyone else bothered by the whole shoulders covered by the cape? I'm not sure if it's designed to be draped that way or you could fold them.

Personally I really like the shoulders covered by the cape. He's shown that way all the time in the comics. My only issue with it is that it masks the anatomy under the cape and makes it look a little weird because we can't see exactly where his shoulders are positioned.

How can you like it more than a statue you haven’t seen yet? (I’m assuming DD means Daredevil)

Cap was so so for me, going on the assumption that SS will do the same costume update with DD...

Batmans costume has so many variations in comics and games this interpretation isn't nearly as detracting for me.

So SS live chat was uneventful compared to when they showed off Lion-O. They brushed over it PRETTY quick though. Displayed him, showed the ex hand, announced PO for tomorrow with price and that was it. Lol, rushed through him pretty quickly.

Back