Statue Sideshow New Batman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What if this was the Rebirth suit? I loathe the Rebirth suit, to the point that it has turned me off from Greg's work almost altogether. You want to talk design changes, I think we are super lucky that this didn't follow the Rebirth trend of WW and Supes.

Let me remind you...... Purple lined Cape, A belt that is in the shape of the bat logo as it raps the waist, A gold embossed chest emblem, Greg designed the cowl to have NO bridge for the nose. It's a barely tolerable design on paper.

Good lord! The proportions are so plain-as-day noticeably WAY OFF! How did this even get approved???
I was thinking that too about the proportions....I don't know. He just looks a bit off to me.

But I mean whatever, they're obviously going to take creative freedom with the license from time to time as you can't make EVERYTHING be some kind of direct clone of a comic/movie look.

And anyway I'm glad that I don't like everything they make. I don't need to have every single one of them be something I want to buy lol. They'll make plenty of Batman's. Some that are a bit, uhh..."unique" are fine by me.

300542_Batman_PF_03-2.jpg

to like the design is a matter of taste I guess but I do wonder why the pose on so many SS pieces is sooo similar. I understand that is an easy way to make it dynamic but come on. looking at the P1 piece you can see how much more an original pose can bring. I would be willing to pay even 30-40% extra for better poses

So the general consensus here is the P1 is better than this?

I'm against the grain, I prefer the SSC. I have never liked the New 52 suit. Big fan of the books, not the suit.

If this was wearing the N52 suit, would more like it?

Personally I love the Prime1xSS statue because I'm really impressed by the over-all execution. So impressed that it made me overlook the fact that it's New 52. I think a few months ago when it was first revealed, a lot were surprised that they ended up liking it. I think a lot of people ended upmore impressed by it compared to the Prime 1 Batman Hush, which was revealed at the same time frame and many were looking forward to see.

The lower half could use some work for sure but overall it's not bad.
Here it is with proper colors and fixed thighs armor lines:

EVuMuU6.jpg

Obviously they're drawin' inspiration from TDKR comics and Arkham games in terms of proportions and armor.
It is what it is. Jim Lee's designs have f'd up proportions as well but people love them anyway. :)

P.S.
I don't hate Rebirth design, mostly because I imagine yellow outlines of the batsymbol and belt as polished metal edges of the gold-like matherial they're made of.

What the hell happened? Just give us the costume in the art print. HATE the look of his legs. Like he's wearing chaps. Get rid of the ridiculous pads on his legs, put some black trunks on him, and color his legs the same as his upper body and this could've looked solid. He has an Arkham Origins lower body going on and an Arkham Asylum upper body to go with it. I absolutely love the portrait. I can't stand these overly redesigned costumes by sideshow. When is Igo going to learn that they just look terrible and are a horrible idea?

Looks like a pass for me. Not liking the costume, the cape over his shoulders and the pose from that angle.

What the hell happened? Just give us the costume in the art print. HATE the look of his legs. Like he's wearing chaps. Get rid of the ridiculous pads on his legs, put some black trunks on him, and color his legs the same as his upper body and this could've looked solid. He has an Arkham Origins lower body going on and an Arkham Asylum upper body to go with it. I absolutely love the portrait. I can't stand these overly redesigned costumes by sideshow. When is Igo going to learn that they just look terrible and are a horrible idea?

Sideshow happened :lol

Sideshow happened :lol

For real! WTF...I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone when I look at some of these new releases. All of the fantastic sculptors sideshow has in their stable and they keep putting out statues with costumes that look horrible. I just don't get it.The art print for this looked great. Just stick to the damn art print

Back