Statue Sideshow New Batman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The transition from chest to pants seems... off... maybe it's the colors?

I don't like the base either. It's very typical, and not well executed, IMHO.

Hmm. I like the head and chest, not sure I like the rest.

I definitely like the upper half, but he looks like he has chaps on his lower half. and his upper torso has a smooth sculpted suit, but his pants have too much going on... he has textured mesh on the crotch and inner thighs and odd leather padding on his upper and lower thighs. I wish they'd use the same style and were consistent with his upper half.

The transition from the chest to pants seems... off... maybe it's the colors?

I don't like the base either. It's very typical, and not well executed, IMHO.
Yeah that's what I was thinking, the pants look black. And if that's accurate, I'm not a fan. At all.

But anyway on first look, it would be a pass for me. But I guess I'll decide for sure when their full reveal happens.

I definitely like the upper half, but he looks like he has chaps on his lower half. and his upper torso has a smooth sculpted suit, but his pants have too much going on... he has textured mesh on the crotch and inner thighs and odd leather padding on his upper and lower thighs. I wish they'd use the same style and were consistent with his upper half.
Totally agree.

The base is. Sooooo much better than the original teaser pics on Instagram, A very small base too, probably to keep the price down on the flagship character.

I think it looks killer, super David Finch influence, not complaining, a lot of Bat PFs thus far but this is the first true current comic iteration, Im all in.

I think that's because he has on a chest plate. Still i agree, no consistency.

The base is. Sooooo much better than the original teaser pics on Instagram, A very small base too, probably to keep the price down on the flagship character.

I think it looks killer, super David Finch influence, not complaining, a lot of Bat PFs thus far but this is the first true current comic iteration, Im all in.

:slap

I think that's because he has on a chest plate. Still i agree, no consistency.

good catch on the chest plate. But look at his midsection, his abs and ribs are sculpted smooth, then it transitions to a mesh texture below the belt, then those leather pads on his thighs. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

For me - sadly - everything below his belt looks strange, weird and a failure.
The base should have been a littlebit bigger/wider. Looks small compared to him.
And his forearms are looking a littlebit to small.

Only WW for me. Superman I have to think about him.

So just the New52 Prime1 Batman.

In what current comic does this "true iteration" of the suit exist?

SS took allotted liberties and created their own rendition of the suit... not an improvement I would say.

I was speaking in the a general sense, this is a suit that isn't obviously fabric in natural, its also not based on video games. It has an advanced plated look, with large boots with guards and arm gaunlets. very similar to the comics of the last 10 years, the logo is still Jim Lee's though, which Finch does use more or less in 2010 run.

I would rather SSC uses 2010 Batman comics as reference than New 52 or rebirth.

decisions decisions...

this
300542_Batman_PF_03.jpg

or this?

View attachment 400810

Generally not a fan of the new 52 designs but I do like Batman's. Some great stories to, especially those written by Scott Snyder.

I like many parts of this Sideshow Batman but it's weird how they don't do comic accurate versions. I initially liked the Superman but it now looks the weakest of the three. Wonder Woman looks by far the best.

I was speaking in the a general sense, this is a suit that isn't obviously fabric in natural, its also not based on video games. It has an advanced plated look, with large boots with guards and arm gaunlets. very similar to the comics of the last 10 years, the logo is still Jim Lee's though, which Finch does use more or less in 2010 run.

I would rather SSC uses 2010 Batman comics as reference than New 52 or rebirth.

I think I see your point, however, "current" or "true" is not the term I would've used. Also the last ten years were primarily N52 (2011-2017), totally opposite of this... thing. Prior to that it was Jim Lee with a classic onesy and outerpants. You prob would find this suit in Elseworlds and other one offs.

Back