1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God, that ep was such a let-down. I heard about how epic this "Twin Suns" episode was, so I literally binged Rebels from the beginning to play catch up. The show as a whole was okay, but damn, all that for like a two second fight. I don't understand what everyone was so hyped for.
Maybe the high expectations set you up for disappointment since you had to go through two uneven seasons and one good season to get to this epsiode, but I loved the duel.

It wasn't meant to be a PT or TCW esque lightsaber spectacle of a fight. It was deliberate, powerful, and more about the actual moment and what brought those two characters there than anything else, just like the Obi/Vader duel in ANH.

I'm glad there wasn't any jumping around. It was a clean duel, akin to a classic samurai movie. It brought closure to Maul's journey (which you'd have to watch The Clone Wars to get the most of if you hadn't), and closed a chapter for Obi-Wan.

His eyes would appear to use Bridge Over River Kwai as reference material. There are several images that came up on Google Image search that resemble not only the eyes but the furrows as well.

Maybe the high expectations set you up for disappointment since you had to go through two uneven seasons and one good season to get to this epsiode, but I loved the duel.

It wasn't meant to be a PT or TCW esque lightsaber spectacle of a fight. It was deliberate, powerful, and more about the actual moment and what brought those two characters there than anything else, just like the Obi/Vader duel in ANH.

I'm glad there wasn't any jumping around. It was a clean duel, akin to a classic samurai movie. It brought closure to Maul's journey (which you'd have to watch The Clone Wars to get the most of if you hadn't), and closed a chapter for Obi-Wan.

Well said.
It was a duel where Obi-Wan came in with no ego, and he knew he had to emerge victorious. He had learned a lot from every previous encounter with Maul, and Maul had learned nothing.
Maul(And likely a fair portion of the audience), expected a TPM style duel. But with ANH to draw upon, i expected something short with a lot of standing about talking. I wasn't surprised to see it that short after all.
The moments leading up to the fight, and the brief moments after were the real payoff to the Obi-Wan appearance.

Well said.
It was a duel where Obi-Wan came in with no ego, and he knew he had to emerge victorious. He had learned a lot from every previous encounter with Maul, and Maul had learned nothing.
Maul(And likely a fair portion of the audience), expected a TPM style duel. But with ANH to draw upon, i expected something short with a lot of standing about talking. I wasn't surprised to see it that short after all.
The moments leading up to the fight, and the brief moments after were the real payoff to the Obi-Wan appearance.

:exactly: These guys get it.

Great build up. The tension in those last moments before the calculated defense to finishing strike was perfect bushido style sword play. A great surprise and very authentic to the samurai influence that Lucas put into Star Wars. I was expecting a slash slash jump around melee but was rewarded with something much better. One of my favourite scenes from Rebels.

Looks great, very interested in this - and the surely inevitable Fett. Always liked that Mythos statue.

Was in the panel for the announcement. I was stoked. The crowd looked at me like I'm a moron (which I am). Looked good at the booth too. Love Susan's video. And I love the fact that Susan pronounced Tatooine correctly in the video. It's pronounced "Tatooine" not "Tattooine"...

Was in the panel for the announcement. I was stoked. The crowd looked at me like I'm a moron (which I am). Looked good at the booth too. Love Susan's video. And I love the fact that Susan pronounced Tatooine correctly in the video. It's pronounced "Tatooine" not "Tattooine"...

Both those words are reading the same...

Here's the most correct:

Who-the-f-cares.

I do

And really, we're talking in a thread about a toy, based on a made up version of a made up character when he was on a made up planet between two made up movies... are we going to call the pronunciation of a made up word a low point?

Here's the most correct:

Who-the-f-cares.

starwars_anewhope_1.jpg

I do

And really, we're talking in a thread about a toy, based on a made up version of a made up character when he was on a made up planet between two made up movies... are we going to call the pronunciation of a made up word a low point?

And we're all a bunch of grown men playing with dolls. Why take it so seriously, get so nit picky and hold it to this insane standard. He looks great and if you don't like it, keep your money, PLEASE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am curious to see all the accessories listed.

Already posted a few pages back but 'ill put that list there as well.

Courtesy of Yodas News,

https://www.yodasnews.com/sideshow-re...-scale-figure/

A list of highly detailed accessories includes:

Four (4) sets of hands for multiple posing options
One (1) pair of Jedi boots with wraps
Unique tailored fabric costume, including:
Tunic with tabards and sash
Pants
Under Tunic
Jedi Belt
Sleeveless Robe
Nomad Pack with Bed Rolls & Bandoliers
Obi-Wan’s Lightsaber with removable blade
Qui-Gon Jinn’s Lightsaber Hilt
Anakin/Luke Skywalker’s Lightsaber Hilt
Modified Tusken Rifle
Two (2) Gaffi Sticks
Portable Moisture Vaporator
Grappling Hook
Droid Caller
Macrobinoculars
Goggles
Clone Wars Armor

Already posted a few pages back but 'ill put that list there as well.

Courtesy of Yodas News,

https://www.yodasnews.com/sideshow-re...-scale-figure/

A list of highly detailed accessories includes:

Four (4) sets of hands for multiple posing options
One (1) pair of Jedi boots with wraps
Unique tailored fabric costume, including:
Tunic with tabards and sash
Pants
Under Tunic
Jedi Belt
Sleeveless Robe
Nomad Pack with Bed Rolls & Bandoliers
Obi-Wan’s Lightsaber with removable blade
Qui-Gon Jinn’s Lightsaber Hilt
Anakin/Luke Skywalker’s Lightsaber Hilt
Modified Tusken Rifle
Two (2) Gaffi Sticks
Portable Moisture Vaporator
Grappling Hook
Droid Caller
Macrobinoculars
Goggles
Clone Wars Armor

Thanks for the list but i meant actually see them broken down in pictures and not just read what is included.

Back