1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really surprised by how much I liked this figure when I saw it in person. I have pretty much sworn off Sideshow but this one is really tempting.

Yeah I did. I need to clean my contacts :rotfl :slap

When you posted I was thinking "I thought it said Owen hated Obi Wan and Beru had fallen in love with the child". I went back to re-read it in case I had missed something, lol.
It's a nicely written piece.
Its just missing some humour, lol.

"Beru has said he looks like his father. But she hopes he won't be as angry as him, for the local Sand People population is only just starting to get back to normal levels after he wiped out the local tribe a few years back". :rotfl

I imagine a Mythos Vader could be very much like this.

f8181531614be8e9cb09c60c7a294ae4.jpg

Thats what I was thinking too.
I really like that he has Vader and Qui Gons lightsabers. Thought that was a nice surprise.

I imagine a Mythos Vader could be very much like this.

f8181531614be8e9cb09c60c7a294ae4.jpg

I was more thinking of a direct 1 to 1 translation since Obi is that way but I guess it's possible.

Rumors are in other threads that this may be a one off kind of thing for SSC that it's not a whole line but just one figure. Would that change anyone's mindset when it comes to this figure?

At the collectibles panel, SSC said they were "returning to the Mythos line but this time in 1/6th". Read into that what you will. He then texted his co-worker on the floor and they put him out in the case after the panel.

They had nothing else in 1/6th to offer. Everything else was 1:1 figures and busts for the most part and a slide of their premium format figures from the OT (which all look like crap to me but that is just my opinion).

I'm definitely getting Obi-Wan. If they do a Boba I'll probably nab that too.

If they did a Maul, I'd have to see how it would come out... Might work if they did like a new body for him.

At the collectibles panel, SSC said they were "returning to the Mythos line but this time in 1/6th". Read into that what you will. He then texted his co-worker on the floor and they put him out in the case after the panel. They had nothing else in 1/6th to offer. Everything else was 1:1 figures and busts for the most part and a slide of their premium format figures from the OT (which all look like crap to me but that is just my opinion).

So, this is essentially dead. I asked Sideshow's Star Wars project manager, Matt Bischoff, at Comic Con last Wednesday about the Vader they had teased, as well as a Boba Fett that would have been next in a series of planned sixth scale McQuarrie figures (he said back in 2015 that the plan had been to release them in the opposite order of the statue releases), and he said that Vader and Boba Fett (and presumably, a sixth scale McQ Stormtrooper) are indefinitely on hold. He said the McQuarrie statues sold well but not in the numbers they would need to move forward on articulated figures, which are much more expensive to make. Combine that with all the Star Wars movies and TV shows out, coming out, and in the works, which is apparently where Lucasfilm wants them to focus. He didn't want to rule out ever releasing the sixth scale McQuarrie Vader and the other figures they had designed, but it also sounded like the Obi Wan Mythos figure is probably the only "not seen on screen" figure we'll get for quite a while.

Hmmm....

25sep-10.gif

I wonder SSC really knows what will happen or if they are just sort of playing it by ear. Like was posted above I don't see them missing out on an opportunity to do Vader or Boba Fett especially since they've got fairly recent base models they can use in 1:6 and just tweak them but it is interesting that we're not getting a straight answer on Sideshow Star Wars 1:6

Sideshow seems real fond of making the head and neck separate so there is a ugly visible neck joint.

Sideshow seems real fond of making the head and neck separate so there is a ugly visible neck joint.

One word if that really bugs you: Apoxie. Its great as it works with water to blend nicely, but would need to paint that part. Light customization required. Personally I have fun with mods, though I am an amateur at best

Hmmm....

25sep-10.gif

I wonder SSC really knows what will happen or if they are just sort of playing it by ear. Like was posted above I don't see them missing out on an opportunity to do Vader or Boba Fett especially since they've got fairly recent base models they can use in 1:6 and just tweak them but it is interesting that we're not getting a straight answer on Sideshow Star Wars 1:6

They should make a Mythos Cassian figure and kill two birds with one stone. :D :yess:

This looks cool, but I'm sure SS will ask a ridiculous price for it. If snowspeeder luke was $270. I would guess this is $290.

Back