1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see this figure still getting some love. It is a great one....

Loving the new shots in here...

IMO yep.

So, OK, this fig rolled in today and just friggin' LOVE IT.

I mean, this whole idea of "mythos" and Star Wars characters re-imagined (like what they are doing besides what is shown in the films) is something I approve of anyway. It's one of the reasons I like the Mandalorian so much - e.g. what everyone else was doing while the Skywalkers had all the attention.

Sadly IMO Blitzway's Zorro - a figure I like a lot - and a good many HT's don't hold up in the details/costume department the way this fig does. Luv the sculpt too - the sweaty desert burnt portrait of an older Obi-Wan. I'd happily get another one if I could afford.

Only issue is the leg/torso joints are looser than I like. Might get in there with some silicon to tighten it up, and get a better stand. It's OK; but this fig could use a nice diorama stand. (Probably like the Mythos Boba photographers could spend days photographing this fig).

Wasn't sure how I'd feel about this one (haven't read all the posts either) but holy *&^%....hope I am as happy with Mando v1 when he gets here (probably not - in the sense that you'd have to go far to beat all the stuff this fig comes with:lol)
Couple of cell shots:

obi1.jpg

obi2.jpg

Congrats! Glad to hear you're digging the figure. Comb back through the thread for some awesome shots by a lot of folks who picked this up and really were inspired by it.

I agree about the Mythos line...it's a cool way to reinterpret familiar characters in an interesting, though-provoking way. Be sure and post more shots of yours when you can!

MYTHOS KENOBI-032.jpg

Congrats! Glad to hear you're digging the figure. Comb back through the thread for some awesome shots by a lot of folks who picked this up and really were inspired by it.

I agree about the Mythos line...it's a cool way to reinterpret familiar characters in an interesting, though-provoking way. Be sure and post more shots of yours when you can!

View attachment 492427

LOL I can't match the spectacular shots I see of this fig, but I need to do a few outside shots anyway. Just hope Sideshow keeps up this line!

After all of this time I have had him, I still feel it is Sideshow's best figure to date. I'm amazed at just how good it is, from the excellent choice of fabric and materials to the amazing paint and weathering work. I am also blown away at how much personality the figure has, and how much shelf presence too. He steals the show wherever i place him, so I have learned to just keep him out front. I honestly cannot tell you how often it draws my eyes, and more importantly, other people's eyes as well.

I have people over from time to time and the Mythos Kenobi often seems to spark a conversation, and a few times I have sat with a friend or two having some drinks and we've talked about what that Obi Wan's story was. The figure is gold and my favorite figure in my entire collection, i have many sideshow and hot toys 1/6 figures but Obi here is easily my favorite. He is so well done and so fun. I truly hope they do more figures in the future with the star wars license and in the Mythos line too.

After all of this time I have had him, I still feel it is Sideshow's best figure to date. I'm amazed at just how good it is, from the excellent choice of fabric and materials to the amazing paint and weathering work. I am also blown away at how much personality the figure has, and how much shelf presence too. He steals the show wherever i place him, so I have learned to just keep him out front. I honestly cannot tell you how often it draws my eyes, and more importantly, other people's eyes as well.

I have people over from time to time and the Mythos Kenobi often seems to spark a conversation, and a few times I have sat with a friend or two having some drinks and we've talked about what that Obi Wan's story was. The figure is gold and my favorite figure in my entire collection, i have many sideshow and hot toys 1/6 figures but Obi here is easily my favorite. He is so well done and so fun. I truly hope they do more figures in the future with the star wars license and in the Mythos line too.

Agree - IMO there is something about the sculpt; the whole fig seems to tell a story, or hint at a story. Even if you never knew anything about SW. He's almost like a well done statue that way (which was the basis of this fig). Completely impressive.:clap

Agree - IMO there is something about the sculpt; the whole fig seems to tell a story, or hint at a story. Even if you never knew anything about SW. He's almost like a well done statue that way (which was the basis of this fig). Completely impressive.:clap

That is my impression as well. I don't have this figure but I agree that it captures the essence of the original trilogy, where there were vast untold stories behind so many characters and one's imagination ran rampant, in a good way.

I hope some of this enthusiasm being posted in here about this amazing figure makes it's way to Sideshow's attention. With all of the carping and complaining in here over the years about the figures they've produced, they need to know that they have produced one that has found a special place in a lot of collections and hits all of the marks of not only a great figure, but a great piece of art.

I hope some of this enthusiasm being posted in here about this amazing figure makes it's way to Sideshow's attention. With all of the carping and complaining in here over the years about the figures they've produced, they need to know that they have produced one that has found a special place in a lot of collections and hits all of the marks of not only a great figure, but a great piece of art.

Well, folks could e-mail Sideshow. I'm already hoping for a Mythos Din D'jarin at some point.

Might order this guy this weekend, where are y?all getting that custom stand with the sand?

Duh his signature block. facepalm

Ok I just got the second release of this figure and, uh did they change the body or was the originals articulation not as advertised either? It's elbow don't go past 90 (and I took off the clothes to check them, uninhibited) and so it can't hit any of the advertised poses like holding the backpack straps.

Ok I just got the second release of this figure and, uh did they change the body or was the originals articulation not as advertised either? It's elbow don't go past 90 (and I took off the clothes to check them, uninhibited) and so it can't hit any of the advertised poses like holding the backpack straps.

Here you go

I received my replacement portrait and took a couple of pics. Hope to take some more later. This is a great figure.

XVKZqGQ.jpg

hg7dwxp.jpg

I got the restock a couple of days ago and just opened it to discover the same issue with the elbows -- just went online to see if it had always been like this. It's really disappointing, and significantly hurts the figure. Definitely going to check with Sideshow's customer service in the morning.

The deco on the backpack armor, the way the shoulder armor hangs, and the material of the tunic also seem to be very different from what I'm seeing in photos of the original edition. And is he supposed to have a small tear/wear spot on his right sleeve? Because that's gone now, too.

Here you go

Thank you

I got the restock a couple of days ago and just opened it to discover the same issue with the elbows -- just went online to see if it had always been like this. It's really disappointing, and significantly hurts the figure. Definitely going to check with Sideshow's customer service in the morning.

The deco on the backpack armor, the way the shoulder armor hangs, and the material of the tunic also seem to be very different from what I'm seeing in photos of the original edition. And is he supposed to have a small tear/wear spot on his right sleeve? Because that's gone now, too.

Ok thank you so much. So they DEFINITELY changed the body. This is outright false advertising now on their part. They specifically go out of their way in promo videos and photos to detail the arm articulation for that backpack pose. Something they clearly delivered on the first (or first several? Dunno how many runs its had) run.

I had spoken to customer service briefly on Friday when I received it, but it was the end of the day and there was little information the lady could give me as the other department she needed to talk to had left for the weekend. I'll definitely be calling them again immediately tomorrow as this is unacceptable. Blatant false advertising.

And yeah, something about the way the material looks seemed off from all the photos I've seen of him online.

It's all really peculiar. I'd post photos if I could so people with the original can compare, but I'm not sure what I need to do to qualify to add attachments. Just not enough posts yet?

It's all really peculiar. I'd post photos if I could so people with the original can compare, but I'm not sure what I need to do to qualify to add attachments. Just not enough posts yet?

It might be easier to add the pics to a site like imgur and then in the add pics paste in the hosted address for each pic. That's what I do rather than use this sites attach option.

I remember a similar issue with SS Jawa where on later batches the weathering and finish of the fabrics (particularly the tattered edges) where very subpar. Conversely a re-release of C3PO fixed the botched finger articulation of the original release.

Back