1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The jawas are a great add for displaying this figure! Those shots look terrific!

Had a good time outside with them as well last year...

MYTHOS KENOBI-030=SSF.jpg

Cool pic, jedibear! Beautiful landscape shot.

Jawas seems appropriate to me. It looks like it’s meant to represent his meeting/interactions with the Jawas as a people. They’re rarely identified as individuals. Obi-Wan and “The Jawa” wouldn’t look right to me. It would make it seem like that specific Jawa is a special or unique character. Obi-Wan and “A Jawa” would be a bit too literal.

Yeah, I think you’re right with that line of thinking.

Does this figure have the typical floppy body that Sideshow uses? I like the look of it a lot but the few 1/6 SS figures I've bought have barely been able to hold a pose because of the loose joints.

Does this figure have the typical floppy body that Sideshow uses? I like the look of it a lot but the few 1/6 SS figures I've bought have barely been able to hold a pose because of the loose joints.

If you’re talking about Obi, no; the body on this one is really good.

Yes. Great body on this one. It hits the sweet spot of flexible but holds the pose. Apparently Mythos Boba is pretty terrible though.

Yes. Great body on this one. It hits the sweet spot of flexible but holds the pose. Apparently Mythos Boba is pretty terrible though.

Opened Boba first, that is why Obi is still in the box. Didn't want to deal with another headache of trying to pose him. All the pics look great, will open him in a bit. Hopefully Hot Tots will give us a desert worn-out Fett so I can get rid of this one or part it out...

Opened Boba first, that is why Obi is still in the box. Didn't want to deal with another headache of trying to pose him. All the pics look great, will open him in a bit. Hopefully Hot Tots will give us a desert worn-out Fett so I can get rid of this one or part it out...

Ah, gottcha. I like the body on the Obi-wan. It's easy to swap out hands and to pose but solid enough that it holds those poses and hands don't fall out. It's a great body. I actually wish more bodies where this easy to work with.

Ah, gottcha. I like the body on the Obi-wan. It's easy to swap out hands and to pose but solid enough that it holds those poses and hands don't fall out. It's a great body. I actually wish more bodies where this easy to work with.

Did you weather the tunic or left it as is?

Did you weather the tunic or left it as is?

I left it as is. Here is an unedited image (other than my tag) so you can see how the tunic and cloak look. Pictures don't quite do the inner robes weathering justice. I know there were early reports of "pee yellow", mine isn't like that, yellowed with age yes, but not "pee yellow". Also reports that the sleeves where clean white compared to the chest, the weathering on mine was consistent all over.

r5CjCvH.jpg

Better late than never finally decided to PO this one. Coupon and free shipping. It's like the SSC Jawas all over again, wait for a few years and then get in under the wire.:banghead

Hopefully can pay off soon:impatient:. For me mythology-wise it's the perfect balance echoing some of the comments in this thread. Tragedy but a slim, tiny hope with Luke. And life in the desert. I'll see if I can get some sandstone rocks (maybe aquarium/terrarium supplies). Also gives me an excuse to pick up Qui-Gon.:cool:

Admit bein' influenced by Rebels, so think I'll keep the backpack off - do an end of day kind of display. (and Jedi-bear pics too enabling btw:cool:)
I really, really like the detail of Qui-Gon's light saber. Whether Jedi are supposed to have attachments or not. And the CW armor. Plus common sense accessories for the lifestyle.

Yes, those are the "stock" Sideshow Jawas. Other than the floppy bodies, they are pretty cool.

The bodies are floppy and the hands and feet are problematic as well. Love to look at them, hate to pose them. I'm getting one of the HT, will be interesting to compare.

Yes, those are the "stock" Sideshow Jawas. Other than the floppy bodies, they are pretty cool.

That pretty much sums it up. They are some of my favorite figures on display, but I need anger management every time I have posed them. One of them dropped to the floor the last time I opened up the cabinet...
Don?t think I really need the HT version since I have two pairs of SSC, but I?ll wait and see if its a must have...
ba662c96a03ef9ef4bb1fa857c3cb905.jpg

Up until recently, I have exclusively collected Original Trilogy figures. But after reading several of the positive remarks all of you have posted on this figure I decided to pick this one up. (After all it could be consider OT, right?) And boy I am glad I did! I love this figure! One of my favorite figures in years. It's got so much display potential. And I'm a huge fan of the head sculpt. Sideshow did a fantastic job with this one in my opinion. I might have to pick up the Boba Fett Mythos figure now! If Sideshow continues the Mythos line, I'd love to see them do a Mythos Darth Vader where Vader's armor is all torn up and battle damaged, like the 3 3/4" figure Hasbro did some years back for The Force Unleashed.
Thanks to Momaw and Coco for inspiring the pose!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2910.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2910.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 128
  • fullsizeoutput_2912.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2912.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 130
  • fullsizeoutput_2914.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2914.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 127
  • fullsizeoutput_2916.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2916.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 128
  • fullsizeoutput_2918.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2918.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 130
Decided to pay off Obi-wan and Sideshow shipped...but

it's the first time I'd seen a message from UPS flat-out saying my package may have delays. Then there was this month old article:

https://oaklandside.org/2020/06/30/ups-oakland-deliveries-delays-pandemic/

which kinda explains the weirdness I saw with another figure's delivery. Notices that a delivery was that day, and then the notice would change to something else.

Based on everyone's pics and the SSC Jawas I got earlier, sure I will enjoy this fig. When he gets here. :bunnydanc

Back