1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was on the fence because of the snow speeder Luke price, but I really dig this, and it's cheaper, and you get more....I'm not sure what's going on at sideshow but anyway, I'll see if I can fit this in somehow. Luckily so far, avengers infinity war has underwhelmed me as far as character outfits go.

$260?! That's way higher than I thought it'd be. I guess I shouldn't be shocked given the price of their DC and Marvel offerings but for some reason I thought it'd be cheaper by around $30. If there truly is no exclusive then I'll probably wait to get it with points or shop around. The only way I'll order immediately tomorrow is if there is suddenly an ex.

Display this Mythos Obi next to Hot Toys Obi ep III (if they ever made one :lol, but I think they will, since Anakin already being made) and with previous ep IV old Obi HT, we will have complete life circle of him :wink1:.

I am the odd man out- zero interest in this figure. Great thread discussion though!

Definitely one of their nicer looking figures, but I have to agree with a few others that it somehow would have felt more appropriate if it looked more like McGregor. I'm no prequel fan, an older McGregor wandering the desert just seems like it would make for a much cooler visual than if it were a younger Alec Guinness.

Thats why I keep the Ewan head on my statue... Fits the overall theme much better.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Definitely one of their nicer looking figures, but I have to agree with a few others that it somehow would have felt more appropriate if it looked more like McGregor. I'm no prequel fan, an older McGregor wandering the desert just seems like it would make for a much cooler visual than if it were a younger Alec Guinness.

I'm guessing someone is going to make some nice cash from creating a custom Ewan sculpt for this.

For me, personally, I like that it's a younger Sir Alec. Those prequels were complete garbage, and ruined the Star Wars franchise for me for many years. Ewan is a fine actor, but Alec is, and always will be, the only true Obi-Wan in my book. But at that price, not sure I'll be getting this.

I think Sideshow are pricing themselves out of the casual buyer market. I know that a HT figure at $220 isn't "cheap", but if they had priced this at $200 plus shipping, they would have sold out.
I doubt it will sell out at $260.

I think Sideshow are pricing themselves out of the casual buyer market. I know that a HT figure at $220 isn't "cheap", but if they had priced this at $200 plus shipping, they would have sold out.
I doubt it will sell out at $260.

I think this will sell out and quickly. I reckon this will be a smaller production run than Snowspeeder Luke.

Agreed.

Thats why I keep the Ewan head on my statue... Fits the overall theme much better.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I do switch out the portraits once in awhile but the McGregor portrait is my primary one to display on my Mythos Obi statue.

This will be on PO tonight but I'm hoping SSC uses a better body than the ones I'm seeing in recent additions to my collection...501st Clone & Scout Trooper; no collector should have to strip down a figure to repair or swap out a body, especially at this price.

I think this will sell out and quickly. I reckon this will be a smaller production run than Snowspeeder Luke.

Maybe if we weren't getting new movies. But since it is looking increasingly likely that we will see a Tatooine Ben Kenobi movie starring Ewan McGregor I can see a lot of potential buyers holding off on the chance we get that one from HT.

Back