1/6 Sideshow Mythos Boba Fett Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just not digging the Mythos 1/6 line... Boba looks fine, but the kiltness of the outfit seems too pronounced here compared to the statue. And I just don't see how you really need yet another version of Boba in 1/6; between ROTJ, Proto, ESB and the animated I fee like we have more than enough Boba's

Ralph MacQuarrie concept version.

I would get that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he looks pretty good overall. I agree the "skirt" seems to be a little too "skirt-y". But the gauntlets all look smaller which is better--and did they re-sculpt the helmet too? Because that looks better too. They say "newly crafted Mandalorian armor", so I guess they did.

But if one were to take away the skirt and maybe the poncho (although I like it), I think one would have a pretty good Fett.

Edit: I agree the McQuarrie Fett, Vader and Stormie would be fantastic!

I went ahead and preordered it.
I think the proportions actually look better overall than any other complete figure so far.
Now it's just all in the details..
Hopefully sidehsow will surprise me. Or at the very least some of the pieces will come in handy to upgrade my HT Fetts.

It's easy to see that "newly crafted armor" in how the chest plates curve to hug the body better. The overall proportions on this figure are very good. I'm digging his bulky, more mature frame here. The gauntlets look tighter and smaller (better), the belts and fabrics look well-rendered. I only hope the distressed details featured on this proto (and the Kenobi) make it onto the production figure...they are really well done.

The SS THD Maul came out with superb production quality and my fingers are crossed to breaking for the Mythos Kenobi to make it through production looking good as well. I'm expecting this one to blast out the door looking great. Can't wait to see the SDCC pics... I'm really excited about both of these "Mythos" figures.

It would be cool to see him with scraps of armor from storm troopers or something. Kinda like some of the rebels from Rogue one.

I guess I still don’t get the point of this. I mean he’s not that different looking compared to the Hot Toys Return of the Jedi figure other than the poncho and some new weapons. The Obi-Wan I get more because it’s basically a completely original rendition of the character. This feels a bit lazy.

yea not totally digging "boba skirt" as is.........i dig the concept okay just the execution so far not quite there. I guess a pair of sharp scissors might fix it up a bit......:dunno

I guess I still don’t get the point of this. I mean he’s not that different looking compared to the Hot Toys Return of the Jedi figure other than the poncho and some new weapons. The Obi-Wan I get more because it’s basically a completely original rendition of the character. This feels a bit lazy.

You almost have to study the proto pics. I did for q good bit this afternoon.
And it helps if you have the HT fett in front of you.

Excellent detail on it but the helmet shape, thick gauntlets, and body with the padding almost doesnt look manly to me as this one does. It's a nice figure but I see almost like a big kid in a costume in the HT figure compared to these shots.

It would be cool to see him with scraps of armor from storm troopers or something. Kinda like some of the rebels from Rogue one.

Yeah that might have been interesting. Or at the very least if they scratched even more of the paint off than usual, to reveal more of the metal underneath. Or had some parts torn or broken off like he had just escaped from, oh I don't know, a Sarlacc Pit...

i dont know..I kinda like their previous Mythos Boba much better than this one...
720fdae282690f0072a7da2c18cc5f9e.jpg

When is this version of Boba supposed to have existed? Is it post Jedi, like a Sarlacc escape version?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Looks pretty nice but agreed, only need one I’m pretty sure. As others mentioned, would be cool if (like Kenobi) there were more things that separated it from another already made figure. I suppose they could have made a Jango head. Could even maybe re-use the previous one as it came out pretty nice. One of their best.

I was really looking forward to the possibility of recreating the mythos statue with the 1/6 figure but Sideshows decision to not recreate the accessories the way they were on the statue or even include all of them as well as the lack of weathering really makes this a let down for me. Maybe ill try and pick up a few things if this gets parted out but as it stands its an easy pass for me.

When is this version of Boba supposed to have existed? Is it post Jedi, like a Sarlacc escape version?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I posted his statue story in Post # 20 in this thread. I'm guessing its sometime before ROTJ and maybe even before ESB since there wasn't much time between those movies for him to go out on "other" bounties.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Each to their own but I really don't like this toga-Fett look at all. Seems somewhat pointless to me, lazy design & a total lack of imagination. Don't get me wrong I love the mythos line and look forward to the Obi Wan figure especially but this is an easy pass unfortunately.

Fair play I'm not half saving some money lately with releases. I've not been convinced by the Solo figures which is a shame as I really enjoyed the movie and won't support Ruin Johnsons calamity.

Here's hoping for a few more OT announcements and some select Prequel figures!:)

Back