Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got Evil Lyn today, looks amazing! I really hope they keep adding to this line. Not a huge She Ra fan, I would prefer more evil underlings like Beastman or Trap Jaw.

DSCN1779.jpgDSCN1781.jpgDSCN1785.jpgDSCN1795.jpgDSCN1798.jpg

Not sure if it's an issue with my statue or not. Is anyone able to get Evil-Lyn's feet flush with the base? Or is it not supposed to? Mine is just the front part of her foot. Is she supposed to be on tip toes?

Thanks for any help.

Moosemeats...your pictures look great!

Mendoc - My feet are pretty flush with the base....there is maybe less than 1/8 inch space, I tried to push her down more but she won't go in any further...how much of a gap do you have?

Overall, I absolutely love this piece. The paint is fantastic
The "lean" issue is really not noticeable in person, at least on my statue
I love this line, I'm hoping it continues
Very, very happy :)

Moosemeats...your pictures look great!

Mendoc - My feet are pretty flush with the base....there is maybe less than 1/8 inch space, I tried to push her down more but she won't go in any further...how much of a gap do you have?

Overall, I absolutely love this piece. The paint is fantastic
The "lean" issue is really not noticeable in person, at least on my statue
I love this line, I'm hoping it continues
Very, very happy :)

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'll attach a picture of the gap.IMG_2986.jpg

I remeber when the first pictures of he man came out people were laughing at this line, including me. Now no one is laughing since this line is pure awesomeness.

I just checked my feet and it looks to be all the way in without the peg visible. I do remember the first time I tried it it didnt seem to sit flush properly. I just readjusted and pushed down a bit harder and it fit nicely. If yours is unstable, hopefully Sideshow help you out.

And yes Bob Morton! Totally agree! This line is bloody awesome. Hopefully Sideshow dont screw us over and do a runner by cancelling. Really looking forward to seeing how She-Ra turns out and what next is in store!

Yes, hopefully they can. Not sure what they can do now as basically it needs replacing. And looks like they're sold out. She wobbles forward quite a bit, something that's not needed as is already leaning forward with the pose.

I designed a 1:3 scale mixed media She-Ra for PCS but sadly never went into production. I was very proud of it as you can imagine so I am dying to see what the Sideshow one will be like.

I received my reg Skeletor this week and God do I love him! He's awesome. Amazing level of details. A lot of PVC was used (including the entire headsculpt) but totally worth it, in my opînion. I find he's even greater than He-Man.

Talking about He-Man, I appreciate that Sideshow has given both characters the exact same body/muscles, just like in the cartoon and the vintage/classic toy lines. Well done!

I do hope this line expands in the future. Those statues are too good to be happy with only a couple.

I designed a 1:3 scale mixed media She-Ra for PCS but sadly never went into production. I was very proud of it as you can imagine so I am dying to see what the Sideshow one will be like.

Can you show us what you did? I'm actually waiting for her to be fully previewed. After seeing all the amazing feedback I'll have to be buying at least He-Man to go with (Adora) She-Ra mainly to keep the statues parallel since I don't think the one PCS has with Kawl will match Sideshow's.

Also about the pegs, I wished Sideshow would implement the same thing as Todd McFarlane does with his statues. They're magnetized so it's easier to put on and keep on without the rubbing/scratching painting from pegs/base from nearly forcing in pieces together.[emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you show us what you did? I'm actually waiting for her to be fully previewed. After seeing all the amazing feedback I'll have to be buying at least He-Man to go with (Adora) She-Ra mainly to keep the statues parallel since I don't think the one PCS has with Kawl will match Sideshow's.

I don't want to make it public just yet I am afraid. I will at some point though and will post it here if folks are interested.

I got my Evil Lyn today and I think design wise she is the nicest so far. She's quite different looking with that head piece but you know exactly who she is. She also very sexy and a little bit more mature looking too I think which I like very much in Evil Lyn. Eyes a bit like Meg Foster too I think.

Quality wise though I think she doesn't seem to have as much attention as the other two in terms of the paint apps. Still very nice of course but just not as clean as Skeletor.

She defo does lean a little bit too far forward for my tastes which is a shame so I would like to know if there is an solution aside from just tilting it back a bit. I wonder if using a fine drill bit to adjust the hole the foot peg goes into would work. Use a bit of filler then to make it make it more secure. Scary doing though.

I didn't like how the cape of my Skeletor draped, so I applied some water to "sculpt" it and I must say I am quite happy with the result.

Extra pic :)

Skeletor by Nykho, on Flickr​

1/3 scale She-Ra designed by you? That would have been a day one pre-order for me.

What do you guys mean by "applied water"?

Did you guys get a spray bottle, filled it with water and then sprayed the water on the capes? Or did you guys use some other means?

I've never shied away from ironing my own clothes and I've sprayed some water on some areas while ironing to remove wrinkles, but not sure if that's what you guys are doing.

As far as I'm concerned, I removed the capes from the statues and dipped them in the sink until they were soaked (just took care of keeping He-Man's cape straps dry), then slightly squished them, and folded them as I liked before letting them dry like that.

When they are dry and you put them back on the statues, they keep part of the shape you've put them in.

Back