Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they would have sold quicker if they'd made finding the Masters of the Universe collection easier. It was never listed under the Shop tab like TMNT or CotD. They're not "Premium Format Figures" because of their scale, so don't show up under if you click that category to browse statues. I don't recall ever seeing a MotU character picture in the main Shop By Brand or Shop By Character pages. They're there if you go deep enough to open the Directory pages but at that point you've got to basically already be there to for the purpose of looking for HeMan, Skeletor or the Masters of the Universe brand. It wasn't until last week they finally put a HeMan pic on the front page banner for a few days. There wasn't ever any real promotion of the MotU line.

I really hope they'll at least do Teela to keep things even before calling it quits.

Skeletor looks amazing! Glad to see production didn't f him up. He will go good with He-Man. I really like Evil-Lyn too, but I will only order her if they announce more in this line.

**** both HeMan and Skeletor EXs are on waitlist.

Anyone receive a convert lately?

I just jumped on both... I wanted to wait for in hand pics

I received a convert email but had to cancel due to lack of space. I'm sure you'll get one, mate. :wink1:

the EXs aren't all that grand. if you miss them it wouldn't bother me. i have my he man with the sword in hand and no cape. ill not be using skeletons cape nor will i display with the cartoon head. that cartoon head doesn't mix well with the realistic he man sculpt.

the EXs aren't all that grand. if you miss them it wouldn't bother me. i have my he man with the sword in hand and no cape. ill not be using skeletons cape nor will i display with the cartoon head. that cartoon head doesn't mix well with the realistic he man sculpt.

Good point. I may try to grab the REGs down the line, maybe next year if they have discounts on them with the current free shipping still intact.

The flood continues... Gonna be friggin' broke after this month.

Dear Gravemist,

Your pre-order of the Skeletor Statue - EXCLUSIVE (2004601) will be arriving into our U.S. warehouse in approximately 14 days at which time we will charge your card for the item. Please review your shipping address and payment information (shown below) at this time to be sure they are correct before (approximately) Wednesday, December 21, 2016.

man....that staff is too long.....GD this company. always got to mess with stuff.

why did they change this? just to be equal height to he man? if so, thats a terrible reason. this staff looks goofy. its too long and skinny.

Looks awesome except for the extra length on the staff. Should have left it as it is on the box art. Looks like it just slides on the staff, so should be easy to clip off the extra length.

I dont think they changed the staff. Im thinking they didnt push it in all the way down. Hopefully that was the case.

My only gripe is with the "collar" that seems to be cheap soft plastic. Otherwise it looks awesome. Can't wait to receive this and He-Man !

I do agree with Black Label Society that SSC is more often than not a frustrating company but I don't think this time they messed things up too much. The staff is a minor let down, IMHO.

Oh, Sideshow... why do you even bother showin' us good lookin' prototypes?

sidesh_did_it_again_skeletor2_zpsazz8pogg.jpg

sidesh_did_it_again_skeletor_zpspk8dgu45.jpg

We all know your factories can't paint. Just give it up.

Oh, Sideshow... why do you even bother showin' us good lookin' prototypes?

sidesh_did_it_again_skeletor2_zpsazz8pogg.jpg

sidesh_did_it_again_skeletor_zpspk8dgu45.jpg

We all know your factories can't paint. Just give it up.
I agree 100%, this crap does need to stop...its even more noticeable with Red Sonia. Let me make it easy for you SS, the final piece collectors receive in their hands should come out equal to or better than the prototype, like others are providing in the industry...don't get me started here I just hope the increase in prices means we start getting better paint apps that match the protos we see. I'm perfectly ok with that, if it comes to fruition.

I really dont want to toss shade on this, I mean Skeletor is an absolutely stunning piece, likely in the running for one of the best from SS this year IMO... but you make a valid point Riddick and it strikes a deep nerve with this community.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Will be interesting to see it in hand. I've just compared the previous prototype photos they had on their website against the new final production photos, and the paint app looks pretty much the same around the snake mouth and lava etc.

Final production pic. Looks pretty close to me. Only major difference that caught my eye was the wrinkliness of the cape, which hopefully can be smoothed out with some water treatment or steam etc.

17.jpg

Back