Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my Skeletor in. Did anyone have problems putting in the posts for the neck armour piece? The posts have this black furry protective cover over the posts, and I assume you just the whole piece to line up the posts with the holds in the shoulders? They dont seem to easily go in, so just wanted to know if you just push down with enough pressure to insert the posts?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just put on the cape and pushed harder lol. Probably not the nicest fit bit it's OK.

Love both head sculpts, but think in hand I actually prefer the cartoon style over the more realistic style!

The head of the staff is actually easily rotated down the staff to meet the fist at the proper location as shown in the prototype.

Also, definitely give the cape a quick iron! I just sprayed the thin purple layer with water and then gave it a quick warm (not hot) iron, and it takes out most of the wrinkles with ease! Looks much better than all wrinkled up!

Joinb.jpg

On another note - saw the regular edition of the Skeletor statue at Comics, Toons and Toys in Tustin CA on Saturday. It looks awesome, the quality they are putting out has definitely gotten better. I wish the lava ws brighter on the statue like the protype but it still looks good. I am happy I am getting this statue. I have almost all the NECA AP statues except he-man, I only have the original Four Horseman SDCC 200x Statue. I liked some of the PCS pieces but the owner was a jerk when I had an issue with my first order so I avoided that line completely
Would you mind posting pics of the NECA and SS Skeletor next to each other?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

This pair look amazing together! Here's hoping Sideshow's MOTU statue line has a long life ahead of it with more of the core characters! The details on this Skeletor statue are amazing! Love it!

IMG_2009b.jpg

Fantastic pic! They do make a great pair of statues. Been debating on getting the skeletor, but ultimately I don't have the proper room to display him.

Fantastic pic! They do make a great pair of statues. Been debating on getting the skeletor, but ultimately I don't have the proper room to display him.
I had the same issue but decided to Kate when my exclusive converted. Now just a waiting game.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Was hoping I'd get the notice for Evil-Lyn to charge on the 17th but looks like I'll have to wait for another batch to arrive.

Got my exclusive Sideshow He-man today - at work so haven't had time to open
#90 or 1250
Skeletor final flex next month

Here's my review of the new Skeletor. Such a beautiful looking statue that complements the He-Man so well! Can't wait to get Evil-Lyn, and hope they continue this series for years to come!

Got mine from Fanboycollectibles a few days after Xmas which along with the He-Man life sized bust and Roton was a very MOTU themed holiday I think you'll all agree.

I think from the original skull looks way better as that is how it was intended by the designer and fits more with the over all look. Skeletor was never meant to be just a bone skull and was always meant to have some flesh hence the green on the vintage toy. But I know some folks see him just as a floating skull.

Here be moi pics -

c5fced91ddc6da5b7abd4349cb3b0e7f.jpg

76bdb4e2d83ace2453218cb0407ddd73.jpg

359f7e8ba283f1707540297748ceb83d.jpg

3fab049109f4a457c3dc423c67499e7c.jpg

5bea770ad141889d19628490961e814f.jpg

90c366c65a3e8df43fd2f4876e755a62.jpg

85eb65213167ef8fd43b0a9a5b4df4fa.jpg

0fe9826e81f4b650456faf592415d064.jpg

I dunno. The details look great on her. But that lean and pose looks very weird for some reason. With the way her legs are, the direction she is leaning does not seem natural. The prototype pics seem to have her weight on the correct leg, but the final production seems the lean, and the weight, are on the wrong leg......

Back