Sideshow Marvel: The Curse of the Legendary Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Red Daredevil PF would probably do it for me. I have about 60 Bowen busts and 15-20 statues between Bowen and DCD. I can understand why people are getting a little antsy waiting for a new PF to be announced though. I got in on this stuff late (July of this year). I have already caught up on the figures I want with Green Hulk PF, Cap EX PF, Iron Man EX Comiquette, Green Goblin PF and Spiderman PF as well as the DC Direct Batman PF for 6 of these things total. Yet I am ready already for the next announcement. DCD seems to be doing the same as Sideshow. They just announced a Batman LS size bust and Joker LS size bust....but no more PF's from them either. Maybe folks really dig the LS busts. I'm not one of them however. The only one I like so far is Iron Man.

I actually have zero pre-orders with sideshow:confused:...which is funny...as I usually have something on the radar...unless I am able to weasel my brothers stealth ironman from his rare whore grasp at retail...it will be all about ReelArt and CS Moore for me in 2008...I agree with most on this thread...lets stray away from whats been done and sculpt some new characters...

I have to admit that the Sideshow Marvel pieces are really lacking right now but then again it seems that SSC usually focuses their energy in one place and the rest of the lines wait until its their turn in the rotation. Sideshow Marvel isn't heading in the direction of Highlander or POTA by any means but its definitely in a lull which is interesting considering all the build up that SSC did right before Comic-Con.

We need a couple of solid PF and Comiquette releases and everything will be in the upswing again, as for characters who may not have the sellability of Iron Man or Hulk, if they limit the numbers and put them out that way they'll sell out just the same. The death move on those is just large edition sizes...

...unless I am able to weasel my brothers stealth ironman from his rare whore grasp at retail...

Don't hold your breath pal. However the high ES does bother me. As does the repeat of a sculpt I allready have.. Bah.. I agree w/ SLF time for something new. Personally I think the departure of the likes of Andy and Pablo is hurting the line..

Definitely need a new Marvel PF or comiquette from SS to add a little excitement ,especially with the over kill of SM3 stuff which I had zero interest in along with any busts.
Haven't purchased anything since the Cap PF and have nothing on order besides the Stealth IM. :(

the only thing i have on order is the Stealth IM and im really looking forward to it since i never got around to the original and dont think he's worth the current asking price. other than that im kind of disappointed with SS overall because of their lack of pre-orders on the horizons. not only do they need some new marvel stuff, but a new LOTR or SW PF would be great. are the sculptors on vacation or something???

There were much to many negative feelings in the Marvel line

1. Limitation and/or time to order (for european collectors) of Grey Hulk, Negative Spiderman
2. Quality problems with nearly all items
3. Changes in way of shipping and getting charged
4. Always the same boring characters
5. Mistakes in painting or sculpting (Iron Man painting or totally wrong armor for Stealth IM, flying stuff in MJ from Adam Hughes, Cigarette in the Logan LS) which wont be corrected. I guess.

and finally the really ugly stuff as Ghost Rider LS or Weapon X Weapons.

Thats enough for me to really cut down my orders and look around for other companys.

Sorry SS, but i expect perfect, innovative items and a company that listens to the thoughts of the people who should buy the stuff.

The customer service is a A++. Without this, outsourced to india, i wouldnt buy anything in the future.

Dom

I agree the lines for the comiquettes and premium formats have been lethargic but that could be said about the Star Wars and LoTR PF lines too. When attending SDCC I was hoping for a new PF but alas it did not happen. We did however get a marvellous Thor v Loki, the AH Black Cat and a variant Ironman Maquette which in person looks awesome. While I agree that we are getting the same characters across the board whether it be PF, maquettes, LSB’s, dioramas etc I would hope that this would not preclude SS producing an Ironman versus diorama for example. I too am all for having some other characters such as Thanos, Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel, Apocalypse, comic Juggernaut etc happening. I am sure we will get some nice announcements before Christmas.

I give this to the Star Wars line: No Legendary Scale and no magical increases in edition sizes.

Even if they get a Bossk 1:1 at least it is a 1:1 bust.

I'm in no hurry to dish out $300.00. Take your good ol' time SS

I'm in a hurry to PreOrder one....its takes forever to get from PPO to Ship so, let's see at least one SS......

THIS THREAD HAS SOME EXCELLENT POINTS IN IT.I HOPE SOMEONE AT SIDESHOW PASS UP THE INFO.

Don't hold your breath pal. However the high ES does bother me. As does the repeat of a sculpt I allready have.. Bah.. I agree w/ SLF time for something new. Personally I think the departure of the likes of Andy and Pablo is hurting the line..

Losing those two is definitely the worst thing to happen to Sideshow.

Back