Statue Sideshow - Mark Brooks Artist Series - Spider-Gwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this coming in tomorrow, very excited! It's my first legit statue outside of the type that would come in a collector's edition of a video game or smaller scale ones.

As far as the unmasked portrait, I'm disappointed to hear that it deviates from the prototype version as much as it does but at least that will keep my expectations in check. When this sort of thing happens, do you guys send feedback to Sideshow? I wonder if they do anything about it if enough people say something.

Either way, I'm happy I got the statue since I'm a big fan of the character and love the pose and detail on it. I will more than likely display her masked most of the time anyway but I'm hoping that I end up liking the unmasked portrait as well.

Post pics when you get her. Been waiting forever to see more in-hand pics.

I'm curious if lens warping is part of the reason her unmasked portrait looks off. So a close up of her unmasked portrait using zoom rather than bringing the camera really close would be nice to see.

Post pics when you get her. Been waiting forever to see more in-hand pics.

I'm curious if lens warping is part of the reason her unmasked portrait looks off. So a close up of her unmasked portrait using zoom rather than bringing the camera really close would be nice to see.

I get a kick out of taking pictures of my figures/statues so I will be definitely be taking a lot of those today. My phone has a telesphoto lens on it so I'll make sure to use that instead of getting in really close to try and minimize distortion.

It's a thing I didn't really notice until it was pointed out. They do seem thick, but not so much so that it bothers me personally.

Here's a few pictures I took of the unmasked portrait.

30567719517_9ef770b2c6_o.jpg

44594717885_826255ccca_o.jpg

By looking at these pics, the unmasked portrait looks good, to me.

It looks much better compared to the other ones that were posted here.

The hair still bugs me, though. It looks so flat compared to the prototype.

I haven’t had a lot of time to take pics lately but finally did. Here’s a few of them.

45816587232_8edf5c60b1_k.jpg

45816604792_594f20ea6e_k.jpg

45816597112_2d7c939330_k.jpg

45816586182_9565a34ada_k.jpg

So I noticed that the EX is still in stock and they have it for $40 off with free shipping.

Even though I'm so disappointed with the unmasked portrait, I'm seriously considering placing an order for this now... :gah: I think it looks great with the EX.

XM’s is going to look better because it’s almost 1,000 US dollars almost 3 times what this costs, it’s harder to get precise features through on smaller molds.

Considering this with the double points and free shipping...new to statues though.

Given that deal, do you think this piece is worth it for those who have it?

I'd jump on it, but seeing the seeming lack of popularity on the piece makes me think I could do better later on. Unless she's a riot in Into the Spiderverse and the exclusive goes quick because of it.

Considering this with the double points and free shipping...new to statues though.

Given that deal, do you think this piece is worth it for those who have it?

I'd jump on it, but seeing the seeming lack of popularity on the piece makes me think I could do better later on. Unless she's a riot in Into the Spiderverse and the exclusive goes quick because of it.

Double points and free shipping is a good deal IMO but depends how much you like the piece, it's a pass for me as it's only 1/5 scale

Ok after just watching the amazing Into the Spider-verse movie I'm really wanting a Spider-Gwen statue of some kind now. I never read the comic but she made such a great impression in the movie and I absolutely love her look.

As far as the statues go I think I like this one the best, at least as far as the prototype goes, but it looks like the head would definitely need a repaint. Unfortunately I missed out on the PF sale they had earlier and not sure I really want to spend $450 on it.... :(

Ok after just watching the amazing Into the Spider-verse movie I'm really wanting a Spider-Gwen statue of some kind now. I never read the comic but she made such a great impression in the movie and I absolutely love her look.

As far as the statues go I think I like this one the best, at least as far as the prototype goes, but it looks like the head would definitely need a repaint. Unfortunately I missed out on the PF sale they had earlier and not sure I really want to spend $450 on it.... :(

How good was that film?! My entire family loved it (kids 7&9 years old and even my wife who has been showing signs of super hero fatigue). Spider-Gwen was very cool. Gotta say I loved Peter B. Parker though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back