Statue Sideshow - Mark Brooks Artist Series - Spider-Gwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gwen arrived today. Will have to take pictures tomorrow though since I won't be home until then :(

I love her - wish she was 1/4, but still looks fantastic. So glad I went with the EX so I got the masked alt head :) Now I have to save up for Silk...

wfv85Iq.jpg

AxjoOni.jpg

Attachments

• spider_gwen1[1].jpg
    spider_gwen1[1].jpg
    117 KB · Views: 124
I have received mine today.

This is great little statue. I like the pose and quality of this statue.

But not sure of regular head sculpt. If you want this statue make sure to grab exclusive.

Upper part is glossy white and pants are matte black.

I took few quick shots with my phone.

Her head looks little bigger on the photo because she leaning forward but in person well balanced.

20181008_215413_resized.jpg
20181008_215346_resized.jpg
20181008_215910_resized.jpg
20181008_215718_resized.jpg

Size comparison with Sideshow spider-man PF and J scott campbell's Mary Jane
20181008_220347_resized.jpg

Nice!

With this Spider-Gwen and Silk ... then Extremis Iron-Man ...and now She-Hulk, my 1/5 scale collection is shaping up nicely.

The unmasked head looks far less detailed and poorly painted compared to the prototype. :( I mean, I wasn't expecting perfection, but I was hoping it would be close to the pictures at least.

I guess she'll always be masked if I end up getting this...

Last edited:
somehow sideshow dropping the ball on these 1/5 scales,, the portraits look disappointing compared to the prototype,, noticed the same on Wasp 1/5 scale as well,, dont know whether im glad not to have started this series,, the Campbell 1/5 series turned out really well though,, im still on the waitlist for Mermaid

i have never seen earphones with wires that thick lol, they look more like stethoscopes

I cancel mine, and I am glad I did it. The unmasked portrait is really a letdown

The unmasked head looks far less detailed and poorly painted compared to the prototype. :( I mean, I wasn't expecting perfection, but I was hoping it would be close to the pictures at least.

I guess she'll always be masked if I end up getting this...

Yes unmasked head is let down and quite different from prototype. It's lacking detail.

She will be always masked.

I also pre- ordered Silk but now I'm bit worried.

I'm worried too. Hoping to see more in hand pics that shows her looking better.

The unmasked isn't that bad, if she were curvier and the bottom of the base was different then I would have bought it

Yea, from the two videos above, the unmasked portrait looks good. Not as good as the prototype, but still looks good.

Yea, from the two videos above, the unmasked portrait looks good. Not as good as the prototype, but still looks good.

Yes those head sculpt looks way better than mine.
I think mine has the problem. Mine doesn't have any shades. It has just one flat color skin tone.
Compare mine and production pic from sideshow website.
Maybe factory forgot to spray shades?
Mine.jpg
Sideshow Production Pic.jpg

I have this coming in tomorrow, very excited! It's my first legit statue outside of the type that would come in a collector's edition of a video game or smaller scale ones.

As far as the unmasked portrait, I'm disappointed to hear that it deviates from the prototype version as much as it does but at least that will keep my expectations in check. When this sort of thing happens, do you guys send feedback to Sideshow? I wonder if they do anything about it if enough people say something.

Either way, I'm happy I got the statue since I'm a big fan of the character and love the pose and detail on it. I will more than likely display her masked most of the time anyway but I'm hoping that I end up liking the unmasked portrait as well.

Back